The Karnataka government will be providing e-pass to all of the students so that they can travel by public transport without having to pay the enormous cost to get bus tickets. The pass distribution procedure is completed online through the official portal of Seva Sindhu which was created by the Karnataka government in order to provide applications for the different types of welfare schemes available in the state. The KSRTC Student Bus Pass application will be approved by the concerned authorities and the students will get an SMS on their registered mobile number with the name and the address of the issuing counter to get the pass. Educational institutes in the Karnataka state will be reopening for the academic year 2024 and now the Karnataka State road transportation corporation has initiated the application procedure. Students can get more information about the same from the article given below:
Objective Of KSRTC Student Bus Pass
There are a lot of objectives that will be fulfilled through the development of this prestigious scheme and one of the main objectives is the availability of free transportation services for the people who are currently completing their education in different types of Educational institutes in the Karnataka state. The students can apply for the bus pass by using the official portal of Seva Sindhu but they will have to collect the physical copy of the bus pass from the issuing counter as per the message sent to them on their registered mobile number. Students will be able to get free public transport.
- They also have various other platforms through which they can submit the online application but the best platform is Seva Sindhu because it is cost-free.
- Women are already provided free travel facilities in the state from 11th June 2023 on ordinary and express services. This bus pass is available for people who are coming from outside the Karnataka state and boys.
Also Read: STS Karnataka
KSRTC Student Bus Pass Pass Rates
- Students have to pay ₹100 and ₹50 towards processing fees and accident relief fund (ARF) respectively.
- Students belonging to SC/ST categories of all classes need to pay only ₹150 towards the processing fee and ARF.
- The pass fee, excluding ₹100 processing fee and ₹50 ARF, for different categories are:
- Primary School: 10 months – no charges
- High School Boys: 10 months – ₹600
- High School Girls: 10 months – ₹400
- College/Diploma: 10 months – ₹900
- ITI: 12 months – ₹1,150
- Professional Courses: 10 months – ₹1,400
- Evening College/PhD: ₹1,200.
Also Read: SSP Scholarship
KSRTC Student Bus Pass Application Procedure
- You will first have to visit the official KSRTC Student Bus Pass website of Seva Sindhu by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to click on the option called Student Bus Pass
- under the student bus pass option and a new page will open on your screen.
- You have to now click on the option called Register
- The registration form will open on your screen and now you can register yourself by using your Aadhar number.
KSRTC Student Bus Pass Login Process
- You will first have to visit the official website of Seva Sindhu by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to click on the option called Student Bus Pass under the student bus pass option and a new page will open on your screen.
- You have to enter your username and password.
- Click on the login button and the dashboard will open on your screen.
People can apply for the bus pass by visiting the official website of Seva Sindhu and clicking on the appropriate option given there.
Students who are currently studying in different institutes of the Karnataka state will be able to travel through public transport without having to worry about giving transportation fees every day using the bus pass.
Students are liable to pay Rs 100 as a processing fee and Rs 50 towards the accident relief fund respectively. Students belonging to the backward section of society only need to pay 150 rupees towards the processing fee and ARF.
The state government is providing free travel facilities to women including girls from age 6 and sexual minorities with effect from 11th June 2023 on ordinary and express services.