If you are a permanent resident of Gujarat then you will be eligible for the Suryashakti Kisan Yojana 2024 presented by the government of Gujarat. The scheme will help the farmers to ensure 12 hours of power supply during the daytime and more than 12000 farmers of around 33 districts in the Gujarat state will be benefited through the development of this scheme. Check out the details related to the scheme from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedure through which you will be able to download the application form for this scheme.
What is Suryashakti Kisan Yojana
To generate electricity for consumption the Government of Gujarat state has created the Suryashakti Kisan Yojana which is especially available for the farmers of the state. The farmers will be able to generate their own electricity by using solar panels on their farms and this will help the farmers to generate their own income. The farmers can also sell their leftover generated electricity to the government by using the grid. Farmers will be provided with a 60% subsidy on the cost of the project by the state and the central government and 30% of the project cost will be provided to the farmers through loans with an interest rate of up to 4.5% or 6% and the remaining 5% project cost will be distributed by the farmer. This will help the farmers to gain proper opportunities in order to continue their agricultural activities.
Benefits Of Suryashakti Kisan Yojana
The main benefit of the scheme is to provide proper opportunity to the farmers who are not able to gain electricity due to various reasons such as poverty and other reasons which are affecting their productivity. The total duration of the scheme will be for 25 years and other schemes will be split between 7 years and another 18 years. farmers will be provided with a unit rate of Rs 7 for the first 7 years and a unit rate of Rs 3.5 for each unit for the remaining 18 years. Around 12400 farmers in 33 districts will benefit from this scheme. 12 hours of power supply during the daytime will be provided through the implementation of the system. The farmers will be able to continue their activities through the different benefits provided under the scheme.
Also Read: Ikhedut Portal Registration
Features Of Suryashakti Kisan Yojana
The scheme presents the following features for all the farmers of the West Bengal Gujarat state:-
- The scheme is presented by the Government of Gujarat state to provide proper opportunities to the farmers.
- The farmers will be able to generate their electricity by using solar panels and we will be able to double their income.
- The farmers will be able to sell the leftover electricity to the Government by using a grid system.
- The total duration of the scheme will be 25 years and it is separated into two periods.
- 12400 farmers will be benefited through the development of this scheme and they will be scattered in 33 districts of Gujarat.
- There will be the presence of 12 power supplies through the development of this scheme.
Also Read: Atmanirbhar Gujarat Sahay Yojana
Statistics Of SKY
Following are the statistics of the scheme and the applicants can check out the development of the scheme from the table provided below:-
|Total (AG) Consumers
|Total No. of (AG) Feeders
|Total Districts Covered
|Total Contract Load
|172 Lakh hp (Avg: 11.43 hp/ farmer)
|Solar PV Potential
|Total Project Cost
|Rs. 1,05,000 crore
|Govt. of India Subsidy
|Govt. of Gujarat Subsidy
|Farmer’s Upfront Pmt.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scheme:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Gujarat
The following documents are required to apply for this scheme:-
- Aadhar Card
- Resident certificate
- Income certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Email ID etc
Online Application Process
To apply for this scheme you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the SKY website of the scheme by clicking on the link given here.
- The home page will open on your screen and now you have to click on the option called Suryashakti Kisan Yojana
- You will be redirected to a new page
- On this page, you have to enter all the required details like your name, email ID, mobile number, etc
- Upload all the required documents
- After that, you have to click on submit to apply under Surya Shakti Kisan Yojana