The PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana 2024 has been launched by the Central Government, according to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Urban local bodies and panchayats will be encouraged to promote rooftop solar systems. They are asked to make people aware of the scheme within their area of authority. One crore homes will have free electricity thanks to the PM Surya Ghar Free Electricity Scheme.
The Government of India has already launched the website for this scheme. You must read this article through to the end to understand how to benefit from the free electricity scheme. All the important details about PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana will be mentioned below.
Overview of PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana
The Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana was introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In a tweet, Prime Minister Narendra Modi urged everyone in residential households, particularly the younger generation. To support this scheme to promote solar power and sustainable development. The Central Government will fund this project with over Rs 75,000 crore. With free electricity up to 300 units, this scheme seeks to light one crore homes. To take advantage of this scheme residential customers can apply online at the official website. All the details and required documents for the application process are given on the official website. This scheme will help the common people to carry their lives without the burden of paying a lot of money on electricity bills.
Also Read: PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana List
Objective of 300 Unit Muft Bijli Under PM Surya Ghar Yojana
The primary objective of this scheme is to promote the use of solar rooftops as a source of electricity that will help in saving electricity and water. The purpose of the Central Government’s PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana is to encourage the use of clean energy by installing solar panels on housing rooftops. The government intends to supply free electricity up to 300 units to light one crore homes. To reduce financial burden, the goal is also to help people to reduce their expenses. To provide free electricity to light homes, and lower electricity bills. People will benefit from lower electricity bills thanks to this program. Additionally, adding solar panels to the roof will contribute to maintaining a clean environment.
Also Check: pm suryaghar gov in Registration
Key Highlights of PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana
|Name of the scheme
|Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana
|Prime Minister Narendra Modi
|citizens of the country
|Lighting homes by providing free electricity
|To provide 300 units of free electricity to every household
Also Read: Pmsuryaghar.Gov.In Login
- An Indian citizen is required to apply for this scheme’s benefits.
- The applicant’s family’s annual income cannot be more than Rs 1.5 lakh.
- The applicant’s family does not include any government employees.
- This scheme will be open to citizens of all castes.
- The applicant’s Aadhar card should be connected to their bank account.
Also Read: PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana Status
Benefits of PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana
- PM Narendra Modi introduced the PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi encouraged everyone living in residential households, especially the younger generation, in a tweet.
- To assist in promoting solar energy and sustainable development through this program.
- The project will be financed by more than Rs 75,000 crore from the Central Government.
- This programme, which offers free electricity for up to 300 units, aims to light one crore homes.
- Residential customers can apply online at the official website to take advantage of this scheme.
- The official website has all the information and necessary paperwork for the application procedures.
- The average person will benefit from this program by not having to worry about paying high electricity bills.
Also Check: Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Income Certificate
- electricity bill
- Ration card
- mobile number
- passport size photo
- Bank Account Passbook
Date of Announcement
- On February 13, 2024, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Launched the PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana,
- He made an official announcement through his social media platforms to all the citizens of India.
- These services will be provided with funding. We would like to inform you that the subsidy will be deposited straight into people’s bank accounts.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the introduction of a rooftop solar and free electricity scheme during her presentation of the final budget on February 1, 2024. She stated that 300 units of electricity will be provided monthly to one crore houses at no cost as part of this scheme.
- One crore family will save between Rs. 15 and Rs. 18000 crore a year through this scheme. In addition, they will be able to sell electricity distribution companies the remaining electricity.
PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana Apply Online 2024
If you would like to apply for the PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Scheme to install a solar system on your roof, you can do so simply and online by following the steps listed below.
- You must first go to the PM Surya Ghar Yojana Website, i.e. It is necessary to visit
- Following this, the website’s main page will appear to you.
- You must select the Apply for Rooftop Solar option located in the Quick Links section of the homepage.
- Clicking will lead to a new page opening in front of you.
- This page requires you to enter your information in two steps.
- You’ve got to choose your district and state names on this page.
- Following this, you’ll need to input the consumer account number and choose the name of the electricity distribution company.
- You will then need to select the Next option.
- The registration form will appear in front of you as soon as you click.
- The information requested on the registration form must now be entered.
- You must upload the necessary files after entering all the necessary data.
- Lastly, you need to select the “Submit” button.
- You can apply for the PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana in this manner.
Login for PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana
- To login You must first visit PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli’s official website.
- Following this, the website’s main page will appear to you.
- You must select the Login option on the main page.
- You will then need to select the “Consumer Login” option.
- The login page will appear in front of you as soon as you click.
- You must now click the Submit button on this page after entering your registered mobile number and the provided captcha code.
- Your login process will be finished in this manner.
Contact at Email: rts-support[at]gov[dot]in
PM Surya Yojana FAQs
The purpose of the Central Government’s PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli is to encourage the use of clean energy by installing solar panels on housing rooftops.
This program, which offers free electricity for up to 300 units, aims to light one crore homes.
An Indian citizen is required to apply for this scheme’s benefits. The applicant’s family’s annual income cannot be more than Rs 1.5 lakh. The applicant’s family does not include any government employees.