Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme (MRMBS) 2024 was launched by the Tamil Nadu State Government. For all the pregnant women in Tamil Nadu State who are financially unstable to get proper Healthcare facilities, the Tamil Nadu state government launched the Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Scheme (MRMBS) 2024. This scheme will provide financial assistance to all the selected pregnant women in the Tamil Nadu State. All the applicants who clear the eligibility criteria can fill out the application form to avail the benefits of this Scheme. The selected pregnant women of Tamil Nadu State will get INR 18,000 in 5 different instalments from the government.
Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme
Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme was launched to help the financially unstable pregnant women of Tamil Nadu State. With the help of financial assistance newborns can get a proper nutritious diet. All the applicants who clear the eligibility criteria for this will get financial assistance so that they can get Healthcare facilities. The financial assistance of INR 18000 will be given to the selected candidates under the scheme. Financial assistance will be given in 5 instalments as scheduled by the state government. The applicants can fill out the application form to avail the benefits of the system.
Also Read: PICME Registration
Objective of Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy’s Maternity Benefit Scheme
The main objective of launching the Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme is to provide financial assistance to financially unstable pregnant women. With the help of financial assistance, pregnant women can get Healthcare facilities and can provide nutritious diets to their newborns. Another objective of launching the Maternity Benefit Scheme is to avoid low birth weight of newborn babies. All the applicants who clear the eligibility criteria will get financial assistance from the authorities. The financial assistance will be transferred directly to the selected applicant’s bank account.
Key Highlights of the Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Scheme
|Name of the scheme
|Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme
|Tamil Nadu state government
|Provide financial assistance
- The pregnant mother should be of age 19 years and above.
- The applicant should certify the economic status of PICME.
- Mothers delivered at Private Medical College approved under Dr MRMBS Scheme are also eligible after ensuring the provision of free delivery services including caesarean deliveries.
- Pregnant women who are members of the Farmers Social Security Scheme are also eligible to get this cash assistance.
- Only for two deliveries Maternity assistance is provided.
Also Read: JSY Scheme Amount For Mother
|Instalment / Kind benefit
|Antenatal registration on or before 12 weeks
|Benefit of kind
|First Nutrition Kit on completion of the third month (Kind benefit)
|After 4 months subject to the conditions in the annexure to this G.O.
|Benefit of kind
|Second Nutrition Kit (Kind benefit)
|After delivery in a Government Institution
|For those who received the 3rd instalment and after completion of the 3rd dose of OPV/Rota/Pentavalent and 2nd dose of IPV.
|For those who received the 4th instalment and after completion of the Measles-Rubella vaccination between the 9th and 12th month of their infants.
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Address proof
- Pregnancy proof
Benefits of MRMBS
- The selected applicants under the Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme will get financial assistance from the authorities.
- The financial assistance from this scheme will be transferred directly to the selected applicant’s bank account.
- The selected applicants will also get a nutritious kit under the Scheme.
- With the help of financial assistance, the pregnant mother can get proper Healthcare facilities.
- Financial assistance of INR 18,000 will you given to the selected candidates.
- The Pregnant mother should register her pregnancy before 12 weeks with the VHN / UHN
- She should have pre–registered her pregnancy before 12 weeks.
Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme Application Process
- To apply for the MRMBS the application can go to the official website.
- On the homepage click on the option Apply Now.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Fill out all the details that are asked and attach all the necessary documents.
- Click on the option submit to complete your process.
The Tamil Nadu State Government launched the Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme.
All the pregnant women in Tamil Nadu State are eligible to apply for the Maternity Benefit Scheme.
Financial assistance of INR 18000 will be given to the selected applicants under the MRMBS.
Under the MRMBS financial assistance will be given in five installments.