Drone Didi Scheme:- On August 15, 2023, PM Modi spoke to the country from the Red Fort’s ramparts, saying, “There isn’t a platform that the women haven’t contributed to, from the banks to the Anganwadi’s. My current goal is to create two crore lakhpati, Didi, or sisters, in the rural areas. To address this, we have made the decision to introduce a brand-new program that will train 15,000 female SHG members to operate and maintain drones! Prime Minister Modi declared that 2 crore LakhpatiDidis would be made nationwide. A revolutionary scheme with an allocation of Rs. 1261 Cr has been approved by the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji to empower Drones are used by female self-help groups. Keep reading this article for more information about the Drone Didi Scheme.
What is the Drone Didi Scheme 2024?
In honor of all women, Hon. PM Shri Narendra Modi introduced the Drone Didi scheme on November 30, 2023, for women working in self-help groups and agriculture. The agriculture industry would benefit from the introduction of such creative and capable technology, which will not only boost this industry but also positively affect other industries. Launched under his flagship Lakhpati Didi project, PM Narendra Modi announces the Drone Didi Yojana 2023-24. Drones will be given to female Self-Help Groups (SHGs) so they can use this technology to support their livelihoods. Over the course of the following three years, the central government will give 15,000 drones to women’s self-help groups.
Also Read: PMGKAY Scheme
The Objective of Drone Didi Scheme
The Primary Objective of this scheme is to empower women and make them independent financially. Women will receive 15,000 drones under the Drone Didi scheme, empowering them in the process. These ladies will be able to work, which will help them become independent. Additionally, more farmers would employ drones, which would strengthen the agriculture industry. The idea of this to enhance the capacity and improve the livelihood of the sisters associated with self-help groups is very wonderful,” stated the Minister of Agriculture. According to him, the body is affected by pesticides, DAP, and urea sprayed in fields. In addition, there are instances of imbalance, such as over-spraying and under-spraying. However, as drone use grows, the negative effects on the body will decrease and the amount of fertilizer will reduce.
Number of Beneficiaries under Drone Didi Scheme
- The ‘Namo Drone Didi scheme, was introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday.
- This scheme intends to supply drones to 15,000 women Self Help Groups (SHGs) between 2024–2025 and 2025–2026 so they can rent them out to farmers for agricultural use.
Key highlights of Drone Didi Scheme
|Name of the scheme
|Drone Didi scheme
|PM of India
|Citizens of India
|To provide 15000 drones to women and help them to learn to operate them for agricultural purposes
|To empower women in India
|Not known yet
- The applicant should be a woman
- The applicant should belong to the lower economic groups.
- The applicant should be involved in agricultural activities.
Also Read: Udyogini Scheme For Women Entrepreneurs
Benefits of Drone Didi Scheme
- The Indian government supports farmers all around the nation with a number of welfare programs.
- On November 30, Prime Minister Modi launched the Namo Drone Didi Yojana with the goal of increasing the number of women working in the agriculture industry.
- He spoke with the Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra beneficiaries and opened the first-ever PM Mahila Kisan Drone Kendra while introducing the Drone Didi program.
- With an investment of Rs. 1261 crore, the central government would give 15,000 drones to women’s self-help groups as part of the Drone Didi Yojana.
- According to the prime minister, the government recognizes the demands of the people and is granting them their socio-economic rights.
- The next stage in empowering women through SHGs to become self-reliant (atmanirbhar) is the Drone Didi Yojana. This program will give more people the chance to find work.
- Sister of the applicant’s Aadhaar card
- A passport-sized image of the applicant’s female
- Account Passbook
- PAN Card
- Email address
Drone Didi Scheme Application Process Online
To apply for the scheme online follow these instructions;
- First, you must visit the official site for the scheme.
- Then the homepage of the screen will appear in front of the screen
- On the dashboard click for new registration or sign up or apply online
- Fill in the required documents and submit the application.
Shri Narendra Modi introduced the Drone Didi scheme on November 30, 2023, for women working in self-help groups and agriculture. The agriculture industry would benefit from the introduction of such creative and capable technology.
The applicant should be a woman. The applicant should belong to the lower economic groups. An applicant should be involved in agricultural activities.
This scheme intends to supply drones to 15,000 women Self Help Groups (SHGs) between 2024–2025 and 2025–2026 so they can rent them out to farmers for agricultural use.