Since the marketing conditions in the agricultural sector are subpar, it is no secret that the Indian agricultural market is slow. Therefore, a virtual gateway has been created by the relevant authorities. It is known as the e-NAM portal and was created by the relevant agricultural marketing authorities. An integrated national market for agricultural commodities is created by connecting the current APMC Mandis through the pan-Indian electronic trading platform known as the “National Agriculture Market” (eNAM). Individual farmers can now submit an online farmer registration application through the e-NAM Portal at enam.gov.in. To market their agricultural products, farmers can register as vendors by completing the enam online application form. We will discuss with you all the significance of the e-NAM site in farmers’ lives in this article today. We’ll go over all the details of the portal’s requirements in this article, including the step-by-step process for applying online.
About e-NAM Portal
An electronic trading platform for APMC Mandis is called the National Agriculture Market, or eNAM. The portal was established to expand the national market for the sale of agricultural goods. Farmers who are interested can apply for registration using this portal by going to the enam.gov.in website. In order to sell various agricultural products, farmers might think of themselves as sellers and fill out the necessary information in the e-NAM Portal. Under the direction of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, the Central Government of India, the Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) is the principal organization responsible for implementing eNAM. Because different processes would be reduced across integrated marketplaces, this farmer registration programme will encourage standardization in agriculture marketing. The country’s farmers can improve their working methods by using any one of these portals.
Also Check: Warehouse Subsidy Scheme
Key Highlights of e-NAM Portal
|Agricultural Authorities of India
|Name of Scheme
|Making Marketing Platforms Available for Farmers
|Significant agriculture potentials are available
|Permanent resident of India
|Must be a farmer
Objectives of e-NAM Portal
The main goal of e- NAM Portal is to promote uniformity in farm marketing will be aided by the elimination of information asymmetry between buyers and sellers, the encouragement of real-time price discovery based on actual demand and supply, and the streamlining of procedures across linked marketplaces. The implementation of this farmer’s registration programme, it will encourage standardization in agriculture marketing. The country’s farmers can improve their working methods by using any one of these portals.
Benefits of e-NAM Portal
The platform, which was created by the Indian agriculture authorities, has various advantages. The availability of excellent agricultural possibilities will be the initiative’s key contribution to the welfare of all farmers in the participating nations. The country’s farmers will benefit from this endeavor by receiving a platform on which they can list their agricultural products. Many of the farmers would be able to learn about the marketing term with the use of the e-NAM webpage. The gateway was created to increase the size of the domestic market for the selling of agricultural products.
Some major benefits of the e-NAM Portal is given below:
- Encouraging trade between Mandis markets
- Provide farmers in the Mandi with basic amenities and facilities for washing, sorting, and packing
- Establishing the necessary infrastructure and logistics to promote cross-market trading on the e-NAM platform
- Using regional programmes and cutting-edge technologies to strengthen e-NAM
- Maintaining accountability and transparency in execution.
- Increasing the number of bids that dealers have mentioned.
Features of e- NAM Portal
Farmers can display their products from the market closest to them online, and traders can provide price quotes from anywhere:
- Increases the number of dealers and the level of competition.
- Ensures transparent pricing determination and higher rewards for farmers.
- The initial major step encompasses 25 commodities and 21 markets across 8 states on the launch day.
- To provide 585 markets nationwide.
- Statewide use of a single license.
- A single point of market taxation.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- The candidate must belong to the agricultural field.
Operation of e- NAM Portal
In order to ensure the flawless and efficient functioning of the portal, a qualified individual will be appointed for a period of one year in each sharing mandi. Visit the linked article to learn more about the National Agriculture Market (NAM).
Below are some important e-NAM-related points:
- The participating agriculture mandis would receive a grant from the GOI of Rs. 30 lakhs.
- Farmers participating in this programme will have access to “farmer helpline services” around-the-clock to assist them in learning more about the portal.
The National Agricultural Market (NAM) is primarily promoted by Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) (eNAM). The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare created SFAC (DAC&FW). The Partner chosen by SFAC to create, run, and maintain the NAM e-platform is chosen through an open bidding process.
Recent e-NAM-Related Developments
The list below includes the most recent e-NAM-related news items that can be asked about in the:
- The Indian government achieved its goal of integrating 415 Mandis in phase 2 of e-NAM by integrating 38 new Mandis.
- Madhya Pradesh is the home of 19 Mandis.
- Telangana is the home of 10 Mandis.
- Maharashtra is the home of four Mandis.
- Gujarati origins of one Mandi
- Punjabi origins of one Mandi
- There is a Mandi from Haryana.
- There is a Mandi from Kerala.
- One Mandi is from Jammu and Kashmir, a union territory.
- Phase 1 saw the integration of 585 mandis with the e-National Agriculture Market.
- There are currently 1000 Mandids working towards e-NAM.
Number of Mandis
In India, there are numerous Mandis that engage in internet trade. The following table shows how many online Mandis there are in India:
|No. of APMC
|Mandis doing online trade
Also Check: National Mission on Natural Farming
Application Procedure for Registration under e- NAM Portal
Following the straightforward steps below will allow you to register for the e-NAM portal: –
- First, go to the eNAM website.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, where you select the “Register” option by clicking on it.
- After that you need to select the “Registration Type” and it should be set to “Farmer.”
- Now choose the preferred “APMC”.
- Give your email address.
- A temporary login ID and password will be sent to you through email.
- Utilize your user ID and password to access the website.
- Your screen will show a message like “Click here to register with APMC.”
- Simply click the flashing link.
- Your browser will take you to the registration page.
- On the registration page complete all the information.
- After KYC is finished, the form will be delivered to your chosen APMC for approval.
- Following a successful submission, you will receive an email from the relevant APMC confirming receipt of your application and informing you of its progress.
- You will obtain an eNAM Farmer Permanent Login ID (ex: HR866F00001) and Password once APMC has given its approval.
Download Mobile Application of e NAM
You must adhere to the straightforward steps outlined below if you want to download the mobile app for the e-NAM portal:
- To download the mobile app, you need to open the play store on your device and search for the e-NAM Portal on the search bar or you can download it by clicking on the provided link.
- After that, you have to click on the Install button on your mobile phone.
- As soon as the app gets installed on your device you are applicable to access it easily.
Registration Guidelines for eNam
You can take the following actions to check the registration requirements for enrolling with the e-NAM portal:
- First, go to the official website of e- NAM Portal.
- The homepage will appear on your device.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the resource menu.
- A drop-down menu will appear, where you need to click on the “Registration Guidelines” tab.
- After that, a new page will open on your screen and will show the instructions.
You can call the following helpline number if you have any issues with the e-NAM portal:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 1800 270 0224