If you are a permanent resident of the Meghalaya state, you will be eligible to get the ration card which is presented by the organization of Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of the Government of Meghalaya. You can check out the information about Meghalaya Ration Card 2023 from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the information about the eligibility criteria that you need to follow in order to be a part of the scheme. We will also share with you all the information about the application procedure that you need to follow in order to be a part of the scheme. Check out the details related to the ration card list and other information applicable to the people who are interested in applying for the ration card.
About Meghalaya Ration Card 2023
A ration card is an official document issued by the government to households that enables them to purchase food grains and other essential commodities at subsidized rates through the Public Distribution System (PDS). The ration card serves as proof of identity and entitlement to receive food subsidies. Ration cards are provided to eligible households to ensure food security for the poor and vulnerable sections of society. The objective of providing ration cards is to enable households to access food grains and other essential commodities at affordable prices and to prevent hunger and malnutrition. The ration card system also helps in reducing economic and social disparities by ensuring that food subsidies are provided to the beneficiaries.
Also Check: Megalaya Ration Card List
Benefits Of Meghalaya Ration Card
Ration card holders can purchase essential food items like rice, wheat, sugar, and kerosene at subsidized rates from Fair Price Shops. It card is a crucial document to avail of various government schemes like the Public Distribution System (PDS), Mid-Day Meal Scheme, and other welfare schemes. It also serves as a valid proof of identity and address, and it is recognized by various government agencies. Ration card holders can avail of tax benefits while filing income tax returns and can also avail of LPG subsidy, which is directly credited to their bank account. The objectives of the Ration Card include providing food security to the poor and vulnerable sections of society, ensuring the availability and accessibility of essential commodities at affordable prices, and reducing poverty and malnutrition.
Subsidized Rate of Commodities
There is a subsidized rate that will be provided to all of the people who have the ration card and given below is the table indicating the recent subsidized rates available by the organization:-
|Commodity||Scales of Supply per Family per Month||Retail Prices|
|Rice for PHH Families||5 Kgs per head||Rs. 3 per Kg|
|Rice for AAY Families||35 Kgs per household||Rs. 3 per Kg|
|Rice for Non-NFSA Families||8 Kgs (Approximately) per household||Rs. 10-Rs.12 per Kg|
|Rice for Annapurna Families||10 Kgs per head||Free of cost|
|Non-NFSA Wheat(East Khasi Hills and RiBhoi District only )||1Kg – 5Kgs per household||Rs. 7-Rs.8 per Kg|
|Superior Kerosene Oil For all Category||9 litres per household in urban areas and 4.5 litres per household in rural areas.||Rs. 24- Rs. 29 per litre|
|Sugar For all category||3 Kg per month||–|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the ration card:-
- The applicant must be above the age of 18 years
- The applicant must not have any other ration card
- Only married couples are eligible to apply for a ration card
The following documents must be submitted while applying for the ration card:-
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Income certificate
- Identity proof
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
Also Check: CSC Registration
Online Application Procedure Of Card 2023
If you want to apply for a ration card then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of the Department Of Food Supplies and Consumer Affairs by the Government of Meghalaya by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage will open on your screen.
- You have to now click on the option called Citizen Services
- Drop down menu will open on your screen
- Now, you have to click on the option called How To Apply A New Ration Card
- A new page will open on your screen where you can easily download the form to apply for the ration card.
- Form for Rural (286 kb)
- Form for Urban (277 kb)
- You have to now fill up the application form and submit it to the local Supply office.
- You will be successfully registered for a ration card.
Offline Application Procedure
If you want to apply for a ration card offline then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The Meghalaya ration card application procedure has become exceedingly simple with the state government’s provision of the National Food Security Act 2013 (NFSA) for citizens’ convenience.
- Fill in an application form to get a new Meghalaya Ration card under the NFSC
- There are different claim forms for rural and urban areas. Select the option and fill in the details in the prescribed format as per the respective area.
- Enter your name, address, family information, gas connection details, income information, and bank account details.
- Submit the form and supporting documents to the local supply office.
- The Clerk will then verify all the documents and provide the applicant with an acknowledgement slip that must be safeguarded for any future use.
- The clerk will forward the application and supporting documents to the supply officer of the respective area.
- The supply officer will then visit the home of the applicant to make sure that all criteria are fulfilled.
- Once the physical verification is done, the ration card will be issued if the applicant comes under the National Food Security Act (NFSA)
- The ration card will then be finalized with the family name and photo and recorded in the master register.
- The applicant will submit the acknowledgement slip and receive the Meghalaya Ration Card.
If you want to check the ration card details then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the Meghalaya Food Department website of the Department Of Food Supplies and Consumer Affairs by the Government of Meghalaya by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage will open on your screen.
- You have to now click on the option called Ration Card displayed under the Online Services section
- A drop-down list will open on your screen
- You have to click on the option called Know Your Ration Card
- You need to enter the captcha code and select the details regarding your district.
- You need to also enter the details regarding yourself or your ration card number.
- The details regarding your ration card will open on your screen.
- 1967 or 1800-345-3670 (Toll-Free number)
Meghalaya Ration Card FAQs
The ration card is for households living below the poverty line or with an annual income below a certain threshold.
You can apply for a ration card by visiting the nearest food and civil supplies department or online through the relevant state government portal.
In India, there are three types of ration cards: Antyodaya cards, which are issued to the poorest families; Below Poverty Line (BPL) cards, which are issued to households living below the poverty line; and Above Poverty Line (APL) cards, which are issued to households with an annual income above the poverty line.
You will need proof of identity, proof of residence, and an income certificate (in some cases).
The processing time for a ration card application can vary, but it usually takes a few weeks to a few months.