It is fantastic news for our educational institutions that the cabinet has approved a sizable quantity of money for school renovations. Indian state governments have recently launched a number of measures to enhance and elevate schools. This is one of the initiatives that concentrates on both the financial needs of schools and their long-term goals. The Government of India centrally sponsors the PM SHRI Schools. More than 14500 PM SHRI Schools will develop through this project and will be run by the federal, state, and local governments. The central government’s financing of the PM Shri Scheme will assist numerous students. The goals, features, and benefits of PM SHRI Schools will cover in this article. You will also talk about how this tactic can use.
About PM Shri Schools
The PM SHRI Schools would implement using the administrative framework currently in place for Samagra Shiksha, KVS, and NVS. Due to their state-of-the-art infrastructure, innovative teaching methods, and cutting-edge technology, these schools will serve as models for others to imitate. As the new programme known as the PM SHRI Scheme is launch, there is a significant investment being available in school improvements and innovations. This programme can be categorise as a green school project. This programme will benefit local schools in general. The programme is expects to directly assist more than 18 lakh kids. The plan will also inform policy, practise, and implementation while fostering understanding of the numerous aspects of educational quality. Other schools across the nation will benefit from the lessons learned at these schools.The plan is to implement the scheme over a five-year period starting in 2022–2023 and ending in 2026–2027.
Also Read: NIPUN Bharat Mission
Highlights Of PM Shri Schools
|Launched By||Central Government|
|Name of Scheme||PM SHRI Schools|
|Objective||Spending on improvements and innovations in schools|
|Benefits||17,000,360 crores will be spent to upgrade 14,500 schools|
|Launche Date||September 2022|
|Beneficiaries||Schools that will be run by the federal, state, and local governments|
|Official Website||PM Shri|
PM Shri Schools Implementation
The scheme launches by the Honorable Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi. On the occasion of teachers’ day on 5th September 2022, the scheme launch. The union cabinet approved the scheme on seven September 2022. Under this scheme, the Government is going to upgrade the schools. It is a completely centrally sponsor scheme. The government has decided to implement this scheme from the current Academy year 2022- 2023. For a period of five years, the government is going to spend rupees 27360 crores on the PM Shri schools project.
Existing available administrative structures for samgra Shiksha, KVS, and NVS would use for the implementation of PM shri schools. To assess progress and understand the challenges faces in the implementation of national education policy 2020, these schools shall monitor vigorously.
Objective Of PM Shri Schools
The goal of this initiative is to create more than 14500 PM SHRI Schools run by the federal, state, and local governments, as well as local organisations like KVS and NVS, where every student feels welcomed and cared for, where a safe and stimulating learning environment exists, where a wide variety of learning experiences are offer, and where all students have access to good physical infrastructure and resources that are conducive to learning. No focus will place on the results for the students in each grade, in addition to the teaching that is to deliver.
Benefits Of PM Shri Schools
- The Government of India centrally sponsors the PM SHRI School programme.
- PM SHRI will provide a high-quality education in a welcoming, egalitarian learning environment that values each child’s individual history, linguistic requirements, and academic abilities and encourages them to take an active role in their own education.
- As envisioned by the National Education Policy 2020, it will cultivate students in such a way that they become active, successful, and contributing members of society.
- With the PM-SHRI project, 14,500 schools would be upgraded over a five-year period at a total expenditure of Rs 27,360 crores.
- The schools will be built as green schools with solar panels, LED lighting, nutrition gardens, natural farming methods, trash management, plastic-free environments, water conservation, and harvesting.
- The programme will encompass additional research into environmental practises, climate change-related workshops, and efficient knowledge management to adopt a healthier approach.
- Learning outcomes will be emphasised in every grade. Each assessment will be competency-based and emphasise conceptual understanding and application in the actual world.
- Each area’s main performance criteria and the effectiveness of the already available resources will be evaluated, and any deficiencies will be fixed methodically and strategically.
Key Features of PM Shri Schools
- Schools are upgrades under this scheme to provide high-quality education in an equitable, inclusive and joyful school environment
- These schools will take care of diverse backgrounds, multilingual needs, and different academic abilities of the children
- Schools upgrades under this scheme will going to provide leadership to the other schools by providing mentorship in their respective regions
- Schools will be develop as green schools which are incorporates with environment-friendly aspects such as
- Solar panel and LED lights
- Nutrition garden with natural farming
- Water management
- Water conversation and harvesting
- Study of traditions/practices related to the protection of the environment
- Climate change-related hackathon
- Awareness generation to adopt a sustainable lifestyle
- More experiential, holistic, integrated, play/toy-based inquiry-driven, discovery-oriented, learner-centered, discussion-based, flexible, and enjoyable pedagogy will be adopted by these schools
- Schools will focus on the learning outcome of every child in every grade
- Conceptual understanding and application of knowledge to real-life situations and competency will be the base of assessment at all level
- For enhancing employability and providing better employment opportunities these schools will Link with Sector Skill Councils and local industry.
- To specify the key performance indicators to measure outcomes, a School Quality Assessment Framework (SQAF) is being developed under this scheme.
- To ensure the desired standards, quality evaluation of these schools will be done at regular intervals.
Launch of the PM Shri School Portal
The portal for selecting Pradhan Mantri Schools for Rising India (PM SHRI) schools launches by Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today, November 3, 2022. State governments can submit applications online at pmshrischools.education.gov.in. The state governments can select which schools would become PM SHRI schools using the portal. The schools will serve as examples for other schools and demonstrate how the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is being implement.
Launch of the PM Shri School Portal
The portal for selecting Pradhan Mantri Schools for Rising India (PM SHRI) schools launches by Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, on November 3, 2022. On the official website the state governments can select which schools would become PM SHRI schools using the portal. The schools will serve as examples for other schools and demonstrate how the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is being implement.
PM SHRI School Scheme Interventions
The main examples of the education system’s interventions are as follows:
- The nation’s most pressing need is, as we all know, improving the current infrastructure.
- Program for Learning Enhancement, Comprehensive Progress Card, Innovative Teaching, Internships with Local Artists, and Capacity Development. Everything will aid pupils in defining their professional paths.
- The PM SHRI Schools will give science and math supplies.
- Annual Grants for Education
- Infrastructure for early childhood development that is good for women and CWSN
- utilising technological solutions to help educators communicate with pupils across language difficulties.
- ICT, smart classrooms, and digital libraries are necessary for putting digital pedagogy into practise. In every PM SHRI school, ICT, smart classrooms, and digital activities will be introduced.
- In addition to other amenities, all schools will receive scientific labs, a library, ICT facilities, and vocational labs.
Assurance of the PM SHRI Schools’ Quality
- For the aim of tracking enrollment and learning, the NEP 2020 Student Registry.
- Each youngster should perform better in school than the state and country averages. This indicates that it also pays attention to pupils’ grades.
- Every middle school student is taught 21st-century skills. All high school students possess at least one ability.
- Every child will receive coaching and opportunities for participation in athletics, the arts, and ICT School sustainability.
- Colleges will serve as a mentor for each school.
- Each school will receive mentoring from higher education institutions.
- Every child receives professional and psychological counselling.
- The knowledge and heritage of India shall be ingrained in the students.
- educating students about India’s contributions to the world, instilling in them a sense of responsibility for society, other living things, and the environment, developing their communication skills in Indian languages, teaching them to respect inclusivity, equality, and unity in diversity, and encouraging a sense of service.
- Personality and civic responsibility in nation-building.
Major illustrative interventions
- Quality and Innovation:
- Learning Enhancement Programme,
- Holistic Progress Card,
- Innovative Pedagogies,
- Bagless days,
- Internships with Local artisans,
- Capacity building etc.
- Beneficiary-oriented entitlements under RTE Act.
- 100% of PM SHRI Schools will receive Science and Math Kits.
- Annual School Grants
- Composite School grants,
- Library grant,
- Sports grant
- Early Childhood Care and Education including
- Foundational Literacy and Numeracy
- Equity and Inclusion include the provision of safe and appropriate infrastructure for girls and CWSN.
- Encouraging flexibility in the choice of subjects offered to students.
- Encouraging mother tongue/local languages as a medium of instruction using technological interventions to help bridge language barriers.
- ICT, smart classrooms, and digital libraries for using digital pedagogy.
- Strengthening of existing infrastructure
- Vocational interventions & Enhancing internship/entrepreneurship opportunities, especially with local industry.
- Mapping of skills with developmental projects/nearby industry and developing courses/curriculum accordingly.
- To develop these schools with all modern facilities, a saturation approach will be adopt.
- Science labs, Library, ICT facility and Vocational labs, etc. will be provided in these schools.
- Green School initiatives
To become a pm Shri School, schools have to submit the online application process through the portal. Maximum 2 schools would selects per block/ ULB. An expert committee would be constitutes for the final selection of the schools. Selection of the schools will be on the basis of these three-stage process
- Stage 1: at the first stage, states/ UTs have to sign MoU. Sign-on MoU means they agreed to implement NEP in its entirety with the center laying down the commitments for supporting the schools in achieving specified quality assurance.
- Stage 2: in the second stage eligible schools will select as PM Shiri schools base on the prescribed minimum benchmark through UDISE+ data
- Stage 3: in the last and final stage, schools would compete to fulfill the challenge conditions. States/ KVS/JNV will certify the full film of conditions through physical inspection
- Showcase of NEP 2020
- Student registry for tracking enrolment and learning progress
- To achieve levels above state and national average, improvement in the learning outcomes of each child is needed.
- Every middle-grade child is exposed/oriented to cutting-edge and 21st-century skills
- Every secondary grade child passes out with at least one skill
- Sports, Arts, and ICT for every child
- Sustainable and Green schools
- Each school linked/connected to Higher Education Institutions for mentoring
- Every school linked/connected to the local entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Every child counseled for psychological well-being and career
- Students will be rooted to
- Knowledge and heritage of India,
- Proud of the civilizational ethos and values of Bharat,
- Aware of India’s contribution to the world,
- Conscious of duties towards society,
- Living beings and nature,
- Communicatively competent in Indian languages,
- Respecting inclusivity,
- Equality and unity in diversity,
- Sense of service
- furthering the spirit of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat’.
- Citizenship values,
- Fundamental duties
- Responsibilities towards nation-building
- Elementary school and secondary school,Senior school managed by central, state, or local self-government and holding a USIDSE+ CODE may apply.
Also Read: National Scholarship Portal
PM SHRI School Application Process
On the program’s website, schools can self-apply. The three-step procedure for choosing PM SHRI Schools:
- The Center supports schools in achieving quality assurance while States or Territories fully implement NEP.
- Application for the PM-SHRI will be based on fundamental standards. Challenges must be overcome by pool schools. Conditions are physically examined.
- The selected schools would compete with one another to see which could meet the demanding requirements established by the central government.
Login for National, State, and District Users at PM Shri School
- Any authorised national, state, or district user must go to the of PM SHIRI Website in order to log in.
- The login button for national, state, and district users must be clicked on the homepage.
- Then, on a new page, the user must enter their registered mobile number.
- The user must then confirm receiving the oTP after it is sent.
- The login for the user will thereafter be successful.
Procedure for PM Shri School Users’ Login Information
- Users of the school must go to the official website of the PMC schools in order to log in.
- On the homepage, they must find and select the school user login option.
- Users will be prompted to enter HM’s cell phone number and UDISC code on a new page that loads.
- Click the OTP transmit button after that.
- The user will successfully log in as a school user after accepting the OTP.
The schools who want to login under the PM Shri School have any query regarding this cant connect through theinformation given below:
- Ministry of Education, D/o School Education & Literacy, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
- Technical Queries
- Website Information Manager