Sikkim Old Pension Scheme 2024 was launched by the Sikkim state government. On 9th February 2024, the Chief Minister of Sikkim state Prem Singh Tamang announced the launch of Sikkim old pension 2024. The Sikkim state government has decided to restore the old pension system for government employees appointed on or after April 1, 2006, under the provision of Sikkim services (pension) rules 1990, as applicable to the employees appointed on or before 31.03.2006. By implementing this decision Sikkim state becomes the first not eastern state of India to announce the launch of the old pension scheme 2024.
Sikkim Old Pension Scheme Revive
The Sikkim state government has announced the launch of the Sikkim Old Pension Scheme for all Government employees in the Sikkim state. By reviving the Old Pension Sikkim became the first northeastern state to implement the scheme. The revival of Sikkim’s old pension scheme marks a crucial step towards ensuring the financial security of state government employees. All Government employees who clear the eligibility criteria must fill out the application form on the official website to avail the benefits of the Scheme. The announcement for Sikkim’s old pension scheme was made during the State Level Temporary Employees’ Convention held at Public Ground Rangpo on February 9th.
Also Read: Government Schemes List
The objective of Sikkim Old Pension Scheme
The main objective of launching the Sikkim Old Pension Scheme is to satisfy the unsatisfied Government employees from the new pension scheme policies. Many Government employees across the country are unhappy with the implementation of the new pension scheme and want to get the old pension scheme back. To fulfil the Government employee’s wish the Sikkim State Government announced the revival of scheme. All the Government employees in Sikkim state who are hired on or after the 1st April 2006 are eligible to avail the benefits of scheme. The applicants must fill out the application form on the official website to avail the benefits of this scheme.
Key Highlights of Sikkim Old Pension
|Name of the scheme
|Sikkim Old Pension Scheme
|Sikkim state government
Also Read: National Pension Scheme
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Sikkim state.
- The applicant must be a government employee.
- The applicant must have a hired on or after 1st April 2006.
Benefits of the Scheme
- The selected applicants under the old pension Yojana will get the monthly pension from the Government of Sikkim state.
- The pension amount will be transferred directly to the selected applicant’s bank account.
- All the Government employees who are unhappy with the new pension scheme can avail the benefits of Old Pension Scheme.
- Under the old pension scheme, the amount of pension was not deducted from the salary of the employee when he was in service.
Also Read: Atal Pension Yojana
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Address Proof
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
Date of Announcement
- Old Pension Scheme 2024 was announced on 9th February 2024.
- The Sikkim Old Pension Scheme 2024 will be implemented only in the Sikkim state.
- ThIS scheme will implemented to satisfy all the Government employees in the state.
- The scheme is implemented only for Government employees who are hired on or after 1st April 2024.
- The scheme is implemented to secure financial security for all the Government employees in the Sikkim state.
How to Get Sikkim Old Pension Scheme Benefits?
- To get Old Pension Scheme Benefits the applicant can go to the official website.
- On the home page click on the option Apply Online.
- A new page will appear on your screen.
- Enter all the details that are asked and attach all the necessary documents.
- Click on the option Submit to complete your process.
The Sikkim state announce the launch of Sikkim’s old pension scheme 2024 becoming the first northeastern state to do so.
Old Pension Scheme 2024 was announced on 9th February 2024.
All the Government employees who are hired on or after 1st April 2024 are eligible to apply for the scheme 2024.