Digitization is a move that different governmental and non-governmental organisations in India have chosen. Simply said, digitization is the process of transforming hard/paper files and papers into digital files and documents. In yet another step toward digitisation and making the Supreme Court a “paperless” court, Chief Justice of India D Y Chandrachud announced on Friday that, beginning in the New Year, advocates will no longer be required to file appearance slips manually, but will instead log into the ‘Advocate Appearance Portal’ to mark their presence. The Advocate Appearance Portal 2023 was conceived and built to improve the speed, accuracy, and efficacy of recording Advocates’ appearances in the Record of Proceedings. The Advocates on Record may certify an Advocate’s appearance in a matter and deliver the appearance slip via this portal.
Advocate Appearance Portal 2023
AOR may file an Appearance Slip through a new Advocate Appearance Portal on the first working day of the year 2023. Under the directive of Hon’ble Chief Justice of India, Dr Justice Dhananjaya Y Chandrachud, the step is intended to make the Registry work paperless. This new online approach for appearance slips is user-friendly and a step forward from the previous process for appearance slips, which was previously received directly from Advocates in court or via email on the day the case was posted. The old procedure needed human verification of the AOR. Under the current procedure, the names of Senior Advocates and Advocates were also manually recorded in the Record of Proceedings. This online option is also an environmentally responsible step that will save approximately 2,00,000 (two lacs) papers every year. The portal will be operational beginning January 1, 2023.
Also Check: E Aadhaar Download
Key Highlights of Portal
|Launched By||Chief Justice of India D Y Chandrachud|
|Name of Portal||Advocate Appearance Portal 2023|
|Objective||To make the Registry work paperless|
|Benefits||Advocates can fill up their presence online|
|Eligibility Criteria||All the advocate residents of India|
|Launched Datte||16th of December 2022|
|Implementing Date||January 1, 2023|
|Official Website||Announced Soon|
Objective of Advocate Appearance Portal
The existing appearance submission mechanism for marking the presence of the lawyers in the record of proceedings is time-consuming. On the day of the case listed, advocates provide attendance sleep directly in the code or via email, and verification of the advocate on record is done manually. Given this viewpoint, the authority has chosen to digitise the process and develop an advocate appearance portal. The portal’s major goal, according to Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachur, is to make the Supreme Court a paperless court. Advocates can now use the internet way to submit their appearance on a previous day. The Advocate Appearance Portal was conceived and built to improve the speed, accuracy, and efficacy of recording Advocates’ appearances in the Record of Proceedings.
Benefits and Features of Advocate Appearance Portal
- The primary advantage of the advocate appearance portal is that it will allow attorneys to submit their appearance slips online.
- It turns the Supreme Court into a court without paper.
- This portal will improve documenting the presence of advocates in the prior record’s speed, precision, and effectiveness.
- The recorded advocate will have access to his appearance in the cause list for a specific day.
- Additionally, attorneys will be able to mention their involvement in the case.
- This website is simple to use.
- This action is environmentally friendly.
- Each year, it saves about 2 lakh sheets of paper.
- Dr. Justice Dhananjay DY Chandrachud, the Chief Justice of India, has said that the portal will launch on January 1, 2023.
Also Read: Link Aadhaar Card
How to Accessing the Advocate Appearance Portal
The interface is really simple to access. A few simple procedures must be taken by advocates to indicate their appearance:
- Applicants need to visit the advocate appearance portal’s official website first. You must then log in using the portal.
- When you select the login option, a new page will load on your computer’s display.
- You must here enter the data requested by the computer screen.
- The software will use an OTP to verify the AOR at the time of login.
Note: The authorities have not yet activated the portal. Once the site has been put into operation, we will update the specific procedure.