If you belong to the economically backward section of society then you can apply for the EWS certificate so that you can get various benefits that are only available for the people who belong to the economically backward section of society and our permanent residents of the Assam state. You can check out the details related to the Assam EWS Certificate 2024 from the article given below and we will also share with you all the details related to the step-by-step procedure through which you will be able to fill out the application form. We will also share with you all the required documents that you need to submit in order to successfully apply for this prestigious certificate.
About Assam EWS Certificate 2024
If you are a permanent resident of Assam then you will be eligible to apply for the Assam EWS certificate which is present for the people who belong to the economically backward section of the society but are permanent residents of the Assam state. The Assam EWS Certificate will be available for at least a year for the people who belong to the EWS category and after 1 year you will have to update your certificate by checking out the details related to the renewal from your official circle officer. You can apply for the certificate by checking out the eligibility criteria mentioned by the organization of the Assam government. You can get a lot of benefits if you have this certificate.
Also Read: EWS Certificate Online Apply
Benefits Of Assam EWS Certificate
Assam EWS Certificate is an initiative which is presented by the Assam government through which the economically weaker section of the society will be easily able to apply for a certificate that will prove that they belong to the economically weaker section of the society and they will be able to apply for the welfare schemes available in the Assam state. The concerned authorities will get at 10% reservations in the businesses and establishments through the development of this certificate and if they prove that they belong to this sect then they will be provided welfare schemes presented by the Assam government.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the certificate:-
- It will take 21 days to get the certificate.
- There are no age relaxations available under this certificate.
- This certificate is only valid for a specific period and generally, the validity is of 1 year.
- All the people who are not availing booking for SC, ST, and OBC categories. Similarly, those whose complete family income is less than 6 lakhs per annum. (Here family salary includes receiving from all sources like gardening, compensation, business, business etc.)
- Those who have resources other than family salary will not be included in the EWS category: –
- If the applicant has 15 bighas or more cultivable land in rural areas, then the applicant will not be considered eligible for an EWS certificate.
- Under this facility, if the applicant has 1 bigha or more land as residential land in a rural area, then the applicant will be considered ineligible.
- If the applicant has 1.5 Katha land in the notified Municipal Corporation / Municipal Board / Municipal Committee area.
- Houses having built-up areas of 1000 square feet or more in notify Municipal Corporation/ Municipal Board/ Municipal Committee area will not be considered eligible.
The following documents are required in order to successfully apply for this certificate:-
- Voter ID card or Citizenship Certificate of self or Parents
- PAN card of self or parents
- Birth Certificate issued by Competent Authority/Admit card of the certificate of Madhyamik or equivalent examination
- Pay slip of Self/Parents
- Income Certificate from prescribed authorities
- Residential Certificate
- RoR/Parcha/Registered Deed
- Certificate in support of sub-caste from Pradhan of Gram Panchayat, Chairman of Municipalities, Councilor of Municipal Corporations
The following officials can issue the certificate under EWS Certificate Assam:-
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/First Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Additional Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family ordinarily resides.
Also Read: e District Assam
Assam EWS Certificate 2024 Application Procedure
If you want to apply for the certificate then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You can apply for the EWS certificate if you have successfully obtained the income and asset certificate which was issued by the circle officer of the revenue circle.
- The EWS certificate will be presented to the beneficiaries after the income and asset certificate of the applicant is verified.
- After the scrutiny of the application is completed the application is submitted to the authority, after which the applicant has to appear for verification of family income and sub-caste on a specified date within 2 weeks from the date of receipt of the application.
- Thereafter, the verification test report and application will be sent to the concerned certificate issuing authority which will scrutinize the relevant report and supporting documents.
- If everything is found satisfactory regarding the eligibility of the applicant, the Income and Asset Certificate will be issued to the applicant in the prescribed format.