According to the constitution of India, there are different types of reservations that are provided to the residents of the country. The candidates who belong to SC, ST, OBC, and EWS categories will be provided with proper opportunities. If you want to be a part of the different types of welfare schemes and you need to apply for the EWS Certificate. Given below, we will share with you all the step-by-step procedures that you need to follow in order to apply for the certificate. We will also share with you all the details related to the eligibility criteria that you need to follow in order to apply for the certificate and download the certificate in order to be a part of the different types of welfare schemes.
About EWS Certificate
There are a lot of different types of welfare schemes that are presented by the different states in India, and in order to prove that you belong to the economically weaker section of the society, you need a document which is known as the EWS Certificate. It is very essential in order to be a part of the different types of welfare schemes present in India so that you can live a good life without having to depend upon yourself in order to make a living. There are different types of reservations that are provided by the constitution of India to the societies which are economically weaker and belong to certain castes and categories such as scheduled caste and scheduled category. You can be a part of the different types of welfare schemes if you prove that you belong to the EWS category through the EWS certificate.
Also Check: Meri Pehchan Portal
Inclusion of Family
The following people are included in a particular family if you are applying for the EWS certificate taking into consideration your family members:-
- Candidate’s Parents
- Candidate’s Siblings below the age of 18 years
- Candidate’s Spouse
- Candidate’s Children below the age of 18 years
The following people are considered as the economically weaker section of society according to the eligibility criteria:-
- Persons who are not covered under the reservation scheme for SC, ST, and OBC categories and the gross income of their family is less than 8 Lakh per annum. (Here family income includes earnings from all sources such as agriculture, salary, profession, business, etc.)
- Persons whose families have possession of the following assets (irrespective of family income) will be not categorized under the EWS category-
- 5 acres of agricultural land & above,
- Residential plots of 100 square yards & above in notified municipalities,
- The residential area of 1000 square feet & above,
- Residential plot of 200 square yards & above in areas other than the specified municipalities.
EWS Certificate Issuing Authorities
The following people will be issuing the EWS category certificate to all of the residents of India:-
- District Magistrate (DM) /Additional District Magistrate (ADM) / Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary/ Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Executive Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the applicant or his family normally resides.
The following reservations are currently provided to all of the people according to the constitution of India:-
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)- 7.5%
- Scheduled Castes (SC)- 15%
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)- 27%
- GEN-EWS- 10%
- Unreserved- 40.5%
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the EWS Certificate online:-
- General Category
- The candidate must belong to the General category. He shall not bear any caste certificate under his name.
- The annual family income of the candidate must be less than Rs. 8 Lakhs per annum. This includes all the income sources of the family such as agriculture, private job, business, salary, etc.
- The candidate or his family shall not own agricultural land of area 5 acres or more.
- If the candidate or his family owns any agricultural land, it must be under the area of 5 acres to avail of EWS reservation benefits.
- If a candidate or his family owns a residential flat, it must be under an area of 100 sq. feet.
- The Residential Plot owned by the candidate or his family must be below the area of 200 sq. yards in a non-notified municipality sector.
The following documents are required in order to apply for the EWS category certificate for all the residents of India:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Id Proof
- Affidavit/Self Declaration
- Land/property documents
- Residential proof/Domicile Certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
- Other relevant documents
EWS Certificate Application Procedure
To apply for the EWS certificate you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will have to download the application form for the EWS certificate by clicking on the link given here
- The application form will open on your screen and you have to take a printout of the application form
- You have to fill out the application form and attach all of the important documents.
- The candidates need to submit the application form to the concerned authorities
- An acknowledgment number will be shared with the candidates and the candidates will have to keep the acknowledgment number safe and secure for future purposes.
To log in to the official website you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official portal of your state from the table provided below.
- The home page will open on your screen and you will have to click on the login button
- A new page will open on your screen
- You will have to enter your username and password.
- Click on the login button to log in successfully
State Wise Portal
You can check out the details related to the state-wise portal for each and every state to apply for the EWS certificate:-
|State Name||Direct Link|
|Tamil Nadu||EWS Tamil Nadu|
|Andhra Pradesh||EWS Andhra Pradesh|
|Uttar Pradesh||EWS Uttar Pradesh|
|West Bengal||EWS West Bengal|
|Gujarat||Apply Gujarat EWS|
|Chattisgarh||Apply Chattisgarh EWS|
|Madhya Pradesh||EWS Madhya Pradesh|
|Telangana||Apply Telangana EWS|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Apply J&K EWS|
|Uttarakhand||Apply EWS Uttarakhand|