The Assam state government and the Public Distribution System (PDS) give ration cards to the state’s economically disadvantaged families in accordance with the National Food Security Act of 2013. A ration card is a crucial piece of identification that allows low-income households, as determined by the PDS database, or those who fall into other categories of persons who live below the poverty line, to buy food at reduced costs. Ration cards are currently given to the state’s worthy inhabitants under the NFSA Scheme in Assam. This post will also provide a step-by-step procedure for checking the Assam Ration Card List 2022, which has been released by the Assam government. In this post, we’ll go over the specifics of this Ration Card and also highlight some benefits that the introduction of the new Ration Card will bring to society as a whole.
Assam Ration Card List
The state’s citizens can benefit from the ration card archive. Ration cards provide the general public’s needy members with real food items. The Assam Ration Card List may be used to provide sponsored meals to a large number of hungry people. Currently, inhabitants of India are also provided with nationalized Ration cards. You can use this nationalized Ration card to access the nation’s food supply. The Ration card serves as the primary record for Indian citizens in general. Anyone residing in the state can check the ration card list to see if their name is there by going to the Department of Food and Civil Supplies’ official website. Only you will receive the ration if your name is on this list. You will not grants an Assam Ration Card if your name is includes in this Suchi.
Key highlights of Assam Ration Card List
|Name||Assam Ration Card|
|Launched by||Food Supply Department, Assam|
|Beneficiaries||People of State|
|Objective||Facility to see name in ration card list|
|Category||Assam Govt. Scheme|
Objective of Assam Ration Card List
The basic goal of the ration card is to give needy families financial support. The Department of Food and Supplies publishes the ration card list after ration card applications. The ration card list was made available online by the Food Department so that people could view the names without leaving their homes. Any state resident may now view their name online while seated at home in the Ration Card List 2022.
Benefits of Assam Ration Card List
- You can obtain government-subsidized rations at a lower cost with the use of a ration card.
- You may now view your name and the names of your complete family on the ration card list while sitting at home online, as opposed to the past when individuals had to cut through the red tape of government offices to access the names in the list.
- You receive a ration card if your name is on the Ration Card List for Assam in 2022.
- You can benefit from a variety of federal and state government programmes with the use of a ration card.
- Admission to a school or college requires a ration card.
- Ration cards are needed to create a variety of papers.
Features of Assam Ration Card List
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers must get a nutritious 600-calorie meal every day for six months along with a maternity stipend of at least Rs. 6,000.
- Hot midday meals are served to children ages 6 months to 14 who live at home, and they are also allowed to take them home.
- India is a burden. States will also contribute money if there is a lack of cereals for food.
- In the event of a scarcity of food grains, the federal government will guarantee the states’ distribution of food grains for at least six months.
- At the State and District levels, this Act will provide a redressal system.
- Additionally, State Food Commissions will be established to regulate the NFSA-related operations.
- The initiative will cost nearly 1.25 lakh crore to implement, or roughly 1.5 percent of the GDP.
- According to the plan outlined under NFSA, 35 kg of food grains would be distributed to the most vulnerable members of society who are covered by the Antyodaya Yojana.
Types of Assam Ration Card
Residents in Assam’s area can choose from three different types of ration cards. The list of different apportion card types is shown below:
- APL – Above Poverty Line
- BPL-Below Poverty Line
- AAY-Antyodaya Anna Yojana
Antyodaya Ration Card
To offer beneficiaries of families living below the poverty line heavily subsidized rations, the government has started the Antyodaya Anna Yojana. This card, which doubles as an identity card, is also known as a PDS card. Additionally, the PDS card guarantees that the cardholder is authorized to utilize the amount of ration allowed by the card limit. Food grains are offered by AAY at a cost of Rs 2 for wheat and Rs 3 for rice per kilogram. AAY cards will be available to those with an annual salary of Rs 1 lakh.
Ration Card APL
Only those who fall into the category of above poverty line residents may apply for an APL ration card. Anyone may apply for and benefit from this type of ration card because there is no upper-income restriction for this category.
The BPL Ration Card
Every family in the state of Assam that falls under the BPL category is eligible to apply for a BPL ration card. Households classified as BPL families have an annual income of less than $27,000, and they all get a number of benefits through this card.
Red, Pink, and Blue Ration Card
Only those households are eligible to apply for this ration card; only those families that are considered to be over the poverty level are given these ration cards. These cards’ holders receive several unique subsidies, such as discounted prices on kerosene at ration stores. Families without a connection to gas or LPG can apply for this ration card and profit from it.
Ration Card in Orange
The state government also issues orange ration cards to households who meet the criterion for living over the poverty level. The income requirements for obtaining an orange ration card vary from state to state, and this card has various advantages.
Ration Card in Yellow
The state government issues Yellow Ration Cards to residents who qualify as being below the poverty threshold. Each state has a separate yearly income threshold for eligibility for a yellow ration card, which entitles holders to a number of benefits.
The following people are eligible to apply for this Assam Ration Card:
- One can apply for a ration card if they don’t already have one.
- Family women are eligible to apply for ration cards.
- The candidate must be an Assamese citizen.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The occupant’s salary should not exceed Rs 1 lakh per year.
The following set of papers is needed to apply for this ration card:
- Certificate of BPL
- Family BPL SI. No
- Birth Certificate Copies
- Driving Permit
- Income Tax Form
- Card Pan
- The village head, gaon panchayat president, ward commissioner, inspector, FCS&CA, or other concerned authority must certify that there is no ration card.
- Residential Evidence
- Land Revenue Tax Payment Receipt
- Ballot list copy
Application Procedure to apply under Assam Ration Card
- If you wish to apply for this Ration Card offline, all you have to do is go to the public distribution system’s office or the local ration shop.
- Request the ration card application at the counter.
- Completely fill out this application form, attach all necessary papers, and submit it.
- Finally, turn in this form to the appropriate department or the original source of the form.
- If all goes according to plan, your ration card will be sent to your house 15 days after you submit your application.
How to check the list of Assam ration cards
You must use the form given below if you wish to check this Ration Card for more than just one item.
- To begin, you must access the Ration Card list’s Official Website.
- The homepage will then appear in front of you.
- You must select your district, tahsil, and village from this website. A list will then appear in front of you after that.
- Now, you may view the specific ration card id, court application name, father spouse name, and other information on this list.
How to Download/Check the Assam New Ration Card List
You only need to follow the instructions below if you wish to check or download the new ration card list:
- To begin with, you must visit the Assam PDS’s Official Website.
- The website’s home page will then appear in front of you.
- You must select the “Report of Category-Wise Number of Ration Cards in Districts” option on the website’s home page. A fresh page will then appear in front of you after that.
- You may view the list of ration cards in each district as well as the ration card holders who fall under the APL, BPL, and AAY categories on this website.
- Now select your district, followed by Tehsil and Village.
- On the screen of your smartphone, the necessary information will appear when you click on the village’s name.
If you have any other queries regarding to Assam Ration Card, then visit their Official Website to know more.