The government of Karnataka has arranged a scheme for the people of Karnataka to visit the Monument known as Deeksha Bhoomi. The Social Welfare Department is accepting online applications for the Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra Scheme to Nagpur, Maharashtra, from Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s followers. Only travel costs will be covered by the government; beneficiaries are responsible for covering their own board and accommodation. About 5,000 devotees from Karnataka are being sent by the government to the Nagpur Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra in Maharashtra, where constitutional architect Dr. BR Ambedkar received his Buddhist teachings, according to the Minister of Social Welfare. Keep reading this article for further information. All the Important details about this scheme will be mentioned in this article.
Overview of the Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra Scheme
The government of Karnataka has organized this religious pilgrimage for the followers of Dr Ambedkar and their faithfulness towards them. The pilgrimage will take off from Karnataka and travel to Nagpur where the Monument is Situated. The Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra Scheme will help these devotees to fulfill their dreams. In this context, it is worth noting that every year the Social Welfare Department sends 5,000 of Baba Saheb’s followers to the Diksha Yatra in Nagpur. The department had previously devised a plan to send some 2,000 individuals on the yatra. Meanwhile, because of Covid we were unable to complete the Yatra for the previous two years. This time, plans have been established for 5,000 followers to journey from every district in the state of Karnataka.
Also Read: Kashi Yatra Scheme Karnataka
The objective of the Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra
The main and most important objective of this scheme is to provide a travel facility for the Devotees who want to attend the Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra. Every year, millions of pilgrims travel to Deeksha Bhoomi, particularly on Dhamma Chakra Parivartan Din, also known as Samrat Ashoka Vijaya Dashmi, or “Mass Conversion Ceremony Day,” and October 14, which is the commemorative day of B.R. Ambedkar’s acceptance and conversion to Buddhism. This day holds a special place in the life of the Buddha Devotees. Keeping the facts in mind and the needs of the people of this community in mind, the Government released the scheme to help them.
Key Highlights of Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra scheme|
|Launched by||The CM of Karnataka|
|Objective||To mark the day of 14 October when Dr Ambedkar converted to Buddhism.|
|Significance||To mark day of 14 October when Dr Ambedkar converted to Buddhism.|
|Application mode||Both online and offline|
Also Read: Kaveri Online Services
- The applicants must be proper residents of Karnataka
- The Government will meet only travel expenses while beneficiaries must take care of their boarding and lodging.
- Applications must be filed with the authority.
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Address Proof
- Identification Proof
- Residence Certificate
- Bonafide Certificate
- BPL Certificate
Benefits of the Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra scheme
- This religious pilgrimage has been arranged by the Karnataka government in honor of Dr. Ambedkar’s adherents and their loyalty to them.
- The pilgrimage will begin in Karnataka and proceed to Nagpur, the location of the monument.
- These devotees’ aspirations will come true thanks to the Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra Scheme. In this regard, it is noteworthy that 5,000 devotees of Baba Saheb are sent by the Social Welfare Department each year to participate in the Diksha Yatra in Nagpur.
- The department had once planned to send two thousand people on the yatra. In the meantime, we were unable to finish the Yatra for the preceding two years due to Covid.
- This time, preparations have been made for 5,000 followers to go from each of the states of Karnataka’s districts.
How to Apply for Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra Scheme Online 2023
- First, you must visit the official website.
- Then on the homepage click on the option register you can also download the application form.
- After downloading the application form fill in the required documents.
- All the required documents should be attached to the application form.
- a copy of which must be submitted to the Office of the Assistant Director, Social Welfare Department, before Sept.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Us: 9482300400
The government of Karnataka has organized this religious pilgrimage for the followers of Dr Ambedkar and their faithfulness towards them. The pilgrimage will take off from Karnataka and travel to Nagpur where the Monument is Situated.
The department had once planned to send two thousand people on the yatra. In the meantime, we were unable to finish the Yatra for the preceding two years due to Covid. This time, preparations have been made for 5,000 followers to go from each of the states of Karnataka’s districts.
The applicants must be proper residents of Karnataka. The Government will meet only travel expenses while beneficiaries must take care of their boarding and lodging. Applications must be filed with the authority.
You can apply for the Deeksha Bhoomi Yatra scheme online by visiting the online website given by the government of Karnataka and getting yourself registered for the scheme.