Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana is an initiative of the Government of India. The scheme has been started in order to fulfill the demand for power supply in rural areas. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana 2024 replaces the existing similar initiative Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidyukaran Yojana. In this article today we are going to elaborate in detail on the scheme. This article includes benefits, objectives, implementation, and many more relevant details.
What Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana?
In rural areas, the availability of power supply is inadequate and unreliable many parts of the country. The demand for power is continuously increasing. The existing supply of power is quite less than the demand. To meet the gap between demand and supply, and adequate distribution of power, the Government of India has come up with an initiative called Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana. To know more read the further section of this article.
Also Read: Indira Gandhi Pension Scheme
Highlights Of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
- Name of the scheme: Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
- Launched by: Government of India
- Launched for: people in rural areas
- Objective: adequate supply of power
- Official site: ddugjy.gov.in
Components Of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
The Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana has been launched for the rural areas with the following components
- Separation of agriculture and nonagriculture feeders
- Strengthening and augmentation of sub-transmission and distribution
- Rural electrification
Objective Of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
We all know that the supply of electricity in rural areas is quite less than the demand. For an adequate power supply, the government has launched the DDUGJY scheme. The motive of the Government of India is to cover the difference between the demand and supply of power in rural areas.
Budget Approved By Government
For the first two components of the scheme, the government has approved a cost of rupees 43033 crores including budgetary support of rupees 33453 crores from the Government of India during the entire implementation period. The Rajiv Gandhi Gramin vidyutikaran Yojana is going to merge with DDUGJY as a separate third component known as rural electrification. The government has approved rupees 39275 crores including budgetary support of rupees 35447 crores for the third component of this scheme.
Implementation Of DDUG Jyoti Yojana
Implementation of the scheme has been already started by the government. The project formulated under the scheme is only for rural areas. The project under this scheme shall be completed within 2 years (24 months) from the date of issue of the letter of award by the utility (in case of turnkey implementation). In case of partial turn-key/department approval by the monitoring committee, the implementation period of the project will be 30 months. The authorities have to create a dedicated team for implementation of the project at the district and utility/state level including necessary manpower and required infrastructure like office logistics etc. The chief engineer / general manager or above-level officer will be designated as the nodal officer for the project.
Also Read: iGOT Karmayogi
Benefits/ Features Of DDUGJY
- The scheme has been started by the government of India
- This scheme is beneficial for the people living in rural areas
- Under this scheme, the government is going to start various projects to uplift the power supply
- The objective behind this scheme is to fulfill the demand for power in rural areas.
- To achieve the objective the government is going to
- Separate the agriculture and nonagricultural feeders
- Strengthening and augmentation of sub-transmission and distribution infrastructure in rural areas
- Rural electrification
- Rural Electrification Corporation Limited will act as the nodal agency
- Successful implementation of this scheme will improve the supply of power in the rural areas
- The projects that start under this scheme have to be completed within 2 years for the turnkey programme and 30 months for the partial turnkey and departmental-based program.
Note: if you are interested to get in more details about the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana then you may visit the official website by clicking here or directly read the detailed guideline PDF file by clicking here