A significant scheme has been launched by the Government of Kerela known as Kerala Marriage Registration. Kerala’s government has started providing marriage registration facilities. You must be aware of the significance of marriage registrations if you want to protect the interests of your family and ensure that your partner will financially support your children. The marriages performed in the State of Kerala are governed by the Kerala Registration of Marriages Rules, 2008. In Kerala, registering a marriage can be done in person or online. Keep reading this article to learn more about Kerala marriage registration in detail, including highlights, laws and regulations governing marriage in Kerala, benefits, eligibility requirements, needed paperwork, application procedures, online marriage certificate download options, and much more.
Overview of Kerala Marriage Registration
Marriages are arranged in heaven, but registration happens on Earth. If you’re getting married in Kerala, the Kerala Registration of Marriages Rules, 2008 are in effect. There are options for offline and online registration. Marriage certificates are crucial for married women since they serve as social security and confidence proof. The legitimacy of the marriage is confirmed by an official certificate of marriage. The marriage under the Kerala Marriage Registration follows both the marriage acts under the Kerala marriage laws. Both the Hindu and special marriage acts state the following. However, before their union may be registered under the Special Marriage Act, the bride and groom must submit a marriage registration application. When both the husband and the wife are devout followers of one of the following religions: Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, or Sikhism, or when they have converted to one of these faiths.
The objective of Kerala Marriage Registration
The main the most important objective of Kerala Marriage Registration is that the registration of your marriage serves as a formal record of your relationship. You can request inheritance rights if you are married to a decedent. It provides defense for you and your spouse in the event of a legal dispute. Even if you move outside of Kerala, your marriage will be recorded if you notify the right authorities within 30 days of your move. The other partner might not be able to obtain a death certificate or inherit any property you might have possessed jointly if one of you passes away before properly registering your marriage with the authorities.
Key highlights of Kerala Marriage Registration
|To register for marriage online||Kerala marriage registration 2023|
|Launched by||The Kerala government|
|Benefits||To provide online facility for couples to apply for marriages|
|Objective||To register marriage online|
The following requirements must be met by candidates for Kerala Marriage Registration:
- In Kerala, the age requirement for marriage is 18 for women and 21 for men.
- A potential bridegroom shouldn’t be with a married woman.
- Mentally unstable bridegrooms are not permitted to get married since they are unable to provide their informed consent.
- People who are not mentally stable are not allowed to solemnize marriages.
- Marriages between individuals who are of sound mind can agree to the union but are unable to become pregnant because their mental condition cannot be solemnized or recognized.
Benefits of Kerala Marriage Registration
The following are some of the main advantages of the Kerala Marriage Registration:
- A marriage certificate is a legally binding document attesting to a woman’s union with the named and shown spouse.
- A marriage certificate is crucial when a wife or husband requests a passport or visa.
- A married woman can get social security and confidence provided she has a marriage certificate, which is a legal document.
- When the insurer passes away without naming a beneficiary, the wife may also access bank savings or life insurance benefits by using the marriage certificate.
The following list includes some of the crucial documents needed for Kerala marriage registration:
- Authenticated copy of the wife’s age documentation
- Authenticated copy of the paperwork proving the husband’s age
- Identity Documents for the Bride and the Groom
- Address verification for the couple
- a duplicate of the marriage license issued by the church, reception site, or other appropriate official; or a form II declaration regarding the marriage solemnization acquired from an MP, MLA, Gazette Officer, or Member of a Local Self Government Institution.
- If applications are submitted late, the Local Registrar or Registrar General will approve Form 2 which is certified by a Gazette Officer, Elected Representative, or any other proof of the marriage’s solemnization.
Do online registration for Kerala Marriage certificate
The following paperwork must be gathered before submitting an application for marriage registration.
- Visit the Kerala Marriage official website first.
- A duplicate of your ID card
- Both parties’ original marriage certificates
- Two pictures the size of a passport
- The application fees
- Once you have all these documents, take the following actions:
- Present your ID card, marriage certificate, and two passport-size photos when you visit any district registrar’s office. Typically, you will be required to pay an application fee.
- Your application will be handled based on the records that are available. The time it may take to process your application ranges from a few days to a few months.
- When your application is processed, you’ll get a written notification that the registration has been completed.
Download online Certificate of Kerela Marriage Registration
The actions listed below must be followed by the user to download the marriage certificate online:
- First, visit Sevana’s official website.
- The screen will display the homepage.
- Select the option for Marriage Registration under the Documents tab.
- Your browser will launch a fresh page.
- Select “Certificate Search” from the menu.
- Select the District, Local Body Type, and Local Body options now, and then click the Submit button.
- On your screen, the status of the records that are available will be visible.
- Choose the Year of Marriage now.
- The screen will change to a new page.
- enter all the necessary information, such as
- Date of Wedding
- Wife’s Name
- The husband’s name
- Number of registrations
- Marriage Location
- Key quantity
- Following that, input enter the captcha code and click on the Search button
- Your marriage certificate will open on the screen
- Click on the download button to download your certificate
- email id:email@example.com
- Ph: 0471-2323286
Kerala’s government has started providing marriage registration facilities. You must be aware of the significance of marriage registrations if you want to protect the interests of your family and ensure that your partner will financially support your children.
The benefit of Kerela Marriage Registration is that the registration of your marriage serves as a formal record of your relationship. You can request inheritance rights if you are married to a decedent. It provides defense for you and your spouse in the event of a legal dispute.
To apply for marriage registration in Kerala, you need to provide the following information: your full name, date of birth, address, and marital status. You also need to provide a photocopy of your ID card or passport and a photograph.
Yes, you can easily download your marriage certificate online by visiting the online web portal provided by the government. Fill in the required details and download the pdf.