The Chief Minister of Punjab state announced a new opportunity known as the DR BR Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2023. This programme was inaugurated on the auspicious day of Valmiki Jayanti. On Saturday, the Chief Minister of Punjab state formally inaugurated a plan. The scholarship programme is open to all applicants who live in the nation. Applicants interested in applying for scholarship programmes should review the detailed qualifying requirements for this scheme. In today’s post, we will discuss with you the specifics of a new initiative announced by the Punjab government’s responsible agencies. We will also provide you with all of the scholarship opportunity’s qualifying criteria, educational requirements, and other facts. We will also walk you through the whole application process step by step.
About DR BR Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
The Punjab Chief Minister has inaugurated a DR BR Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship Scheme initiative to provide SC scholarship certificates to recipients. It is also said that a skill development centre for Dalit students has been established in order for them to prepare for competitive tests. The state chief ministers have agreed to provide free higher education to scheduled caste students. The initiative was created with no financial support from the federal government. It will waive all fees for students from the scheduled castes. Under the plans, the university would give free education to scheduled caste students with a state government subsidy. Students in grades 1st through 10th are classed as pre-matric, whereas candidates in grades 11th through 12th are classified as post-matric. Scholarships have been classified to make it easier for students to apply for them. It also allows the responsible authority to split data for pre and post-matrices.
Also Read: National Scholarship Portal
Key Highlights of DR BR Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
|Launched by||Cheif Minister of Punjab|
|Name of Scholarship||DR BR Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2022|
|Objective||Scholarships and fee waivers are available.|
|Benefits||Providing a fee remission of 100% for SC students, resulting in a net savings of around Rs. 550 crore|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must be a resident of Punjab|
|Beneficiaries||Scheduled caste Students|
|Official Website||DR BR Ambedkar Scholarship|
Objective of DR BR Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
The primary goal of introducing the plan is to give profit education facilities to kids who are somewhat below average. The plan provides several incentives to scheduled caste students, who would otherwise be unable to obtain an education due to their low socioeconomic condition. The Punjab government would encourage scheduled caste kids to pursue free higher education so that they may contribute to their future and earn a living like all other regular students from all categories. Students will get a monthly stipend to help them purchase books and uniforms.
Benefits of DR BR Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- The BR Ambedkar SC Scholarship Scheme provides the following variable value to beneficiaries:
- The BR Ambedkar Post Matric SC Scholarship Scheme is being establish with no financial support from the Centre.
- It would waive all fees for SC students, saving them around Rs. 550 crore.
- Every year, more than 3 lakh impoverished SC kids would benefit from the initiative.
- These students will make no upfront payments to government or private educational institutes.
- Under the proposal, the institutes would give free education to SC students in exchange for a direct subsidy from the state government.
- Students will also get a monthly stipend to help them purchase books, uniforms, and other necessities.
- The plan will also feature a Panorama on Maharishi Valmiki (Rs. 25-30 crore), Facade Lights (Rs. 10.9 crores), a Filtration Plant in the Sarovar (Rs. 4.75 crores), Furniture for the Sarai (Rs. 2 crores), and the construction of a Parikrama (Rs. 2 crores), according to the Chief Minister (Rs. 1.3 crores).
- So far, the institution has admitted around 90 trainees.
- The student population will increase to 240 by next year when the building is restored at a cost of Rs. 1.82 crore and machinery worth Rs. 3.5 crore is purchased.
- The number of courses will also be raised from four to nine this year.
- The institute will be built as a cutting-edge facility.
Implementation of DR BR Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
According to Punjab Government officials, institutions would be established across the state so that scheduled caste kids can enrol and receive a fee waiver. Students will be able to get instruction from the relevant trainers, who will be hired on a regular basis by the schools’ respective authorities. These trainees would provide free lectures and lessons to scheduled caste students, as well as uniforms and books provided by the appropriate government on a stipend basis. The scheme’s implementation technique is quite simple.
To apply for the programme, the candidate must meet the following qualifying requirements:
- A candidate must be a permanent resident of the state of Punjab.
- The candidate must be from a scheduled caste.
The following papers are require by the applicant in order to submit the Dr. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship application form. Please see the list of required papers.
- Looking at class specifics.
- Class 10th/12th-grade point average and pass certificate
- The category certificate has update.
- A passport-sized photograph of the applicant is require.
- Receipt of current course year fees
- Residential/Domicile certificate of the applicant
- Income verification (PAN card).
- Fill up the blanks with bank account information and a copy of the passbook.
- Certificate of self-attestation of previous year’s mark sheet
Also Read: ePunjabSchool Login
Procedure to apply online for the Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship 2023
To apply for a scholarship, applicants must follow the precise requirements outlined below. The online application for a scholarship is currently unavailable. It will, however, be trigger very shortly. Until then, applicants can register through the NSP 2022 registration page. Follow the easy steps outlined here.
- Visit the National Scholarship Scheme Portal’s DR BR Ambedkar Scholarship website.
- Applicants will then see the official NSP page appear on their screen.
- On the homepage, click the online registration option.
- Before applying for registration, review the eligibility information provided in the article.
- Check the declaration and continue with the next steps.
- Fill out the application form by filling up the blanks with your information.
- Fill up your bank information in the application now.
- Please double-check your information before submitting your Dr. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship application.
- Confirm your cellphone number, then enter the OTP that issues to it.
- The OTP login information will be emailed to your email and cellphone number when you input them.
- The scholarship notice may be viewed by login into the applicant’s dashboard.
- Directorate of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Punjab
- Plot No 1, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh
- Tel No. Office: +91-172-2614031
- Fax No. Office: +91-172-2614622
- E-Mail: dtepunjab[at]punjab[dot]gov[dot]in
- Web information manager detail :
- Name : Rajiv Kumar
- Contact No : +91-172-5022329
- Email : rajivkumar[at]punjab[dot]gov[dot]in