As we all know the CM of Odisha Mr. Naveen Patnaik introduced several schemes, scholarships, and Yojana for their citizens or students to provide them benefits. A new yojana is implemented by the government of Odisha called Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana 2023 for school-going students. Under this yojana, the students will receive school uniforms, shoes, bags, bicycles, and books for free. The Swabhaba Kabi Famous Odia poet Gangadhara Meher lived in the 19th century. He was not wealthy or well-educated, but he was nevertheless one of the most active and creative writers in Odia literature. To give him honor the government of Odisha introduced this yojana under this name. The Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana 2023 has been allocated 430 crore rupees by the state government, led by CM Naveen Patnaik.
About Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana
Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana is introduced for the school students to offer them various benefits The government has pledged to give class IX students bicycles in addition to school bags for class I to V students, uniforms for class I to VIII students, and books for class I to V students. The students who are only enrolled in government schools will receive all of these amenities. If you want to avail all these benefits through the yojana then you must fulfill all the required eligibility criteria and must fill out the application form. The vivid imagination, lovely and precise language, the modernity of style, point of powerful character depiction, and vibrant portrayal of nature from many points of view are what set Gangadhara Meher’s works apart. One of the most significant contributions to Odia literature is still his writing.
Also Read: Banishree Scholarship
Key Highlights of Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana
|Launched By||CM Naveen Patnaik|
|Name of Yojana||Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana 2023|
|Objective||To provide multiple benefits to the students|
|Benefits||School bag, uniform, bicycle, shoes and books|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students from class 1st to 9th|
|Allocation of Funds for the Current Year||Rs. 430 crore|
Objective of Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana
In Odisha, Gangadhar Meher is a well-known poet. He gained a lot of respect due to his talent and hard work. The Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana from Odisha intends to give government students and fully sponsored schools access to educational accessories including school bags (for classes I to V), uniforms (for classes I to VIII), books (for classes I to VIII), and bicycles (for classes IX). The 2022–23 Budget includes a sum of Rs. 430 crores that the government has allotted. This will be a great opportunity for students who are financially weak and cannot afford school expenses.
Benefits of Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana
Students participating in the Odisha Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Program will receive the following teaching aids: –
|Class 1st||School books, free school uniform, and free bags, including shoes|
|Class 2nd||School books, free school uniform, and free bags, including shoes|
|Class 3rd||School books, free school uniform, and free bags, including shoes|
|Class 4th||School books, free school uniform, and free bags, including shoes|
|Class 5th||School books, free school uniform, and free bags, including shoes|
|Class 6th||School books, free school uniform, and free bags, including shoes|
|Class 7th||Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 8th||Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 9th||Free Bicycle|
The applicants who want to appear in this yojana must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- The candidate who applies should be a part of a government school.
- Students from class 1st to 9th standard are eligible for the yojana.
Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana in Odisha Budget
The state government of Odisha has set aside a total of Rs. 24,370 crores for the area of education and skill development, and he wisely split it as follows:
- To promote the use of green and clean fuels, Rs. 8 crores would be used to install LPG connections in 10,000 elementary and secondary schools.
- Given the success of Mo Abhiyan School, Rs. 7 crores are proposed towards Group Fund under Mo College Abhiyan Allocation of Rs. 430 crores under Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana (GMSMY) to provide school bags for all children in classes 1 through 5, free textbooks, school uniforms, including shoes, for all children in classes 1 through 8, and free bicycles for all students in class 9 schools. OAVs are included and are fully financed by the government.
- All students receive scholarships totaling Rs. 1,002 crore through DBT.
- With the aid of the World Bank, selected universities and colleges would be transformed into centres of excellence with the help of Rs. 108 crores under the Odisha Higher Education Plan for Excellence and Equality (OHEPEE).
- Rashtriya Uchatara Sikshya Abhiyan (RUSA) Program for Higher Education and Technical Education has been funded with Rs. 212 crore.
Also Read: KALIA Scholarship
Application procedure for Yojana 2023
If you want to apply for the scholarship then the given application form:
- Applicants first need to visit the official website of Yojana.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- Here you have to click on the Registration option on the homepage.
- After that the registration page will open on your screen here you have to enter the following details such as:
- Name of applicant
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- School Name
- Mobile Name, etc.
- After filling all the details you have to click on the submit button for final submission of the application form.
- DOB of applicant
- Residence proof
- Passport size photo
- Mobile Number
- School Name
- Aadhar card number
Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana is a step towards providing school accessories to the students from class 1st to 9th standard. The scheme aims to motivate school students so they will visit their school with all the accessories. Students who belong to the financially weaker section of society will avail these benefits.
Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana FAQs
The CM of Odisha Mr. Naveen Patnaik introduced this yojana to the school-going students.
In the nineteenth (19th) century, Swabhaba Kabi Gangadhara Meher was a well-known poet in the Odia language. He was not wealthy or well-educated, but he was nevertheless one of the most active and creative writers in Odia literature.
A budget of Rs 430 crore has been allocated under the GMSM scheme to provide bags to students in grades I through V, free books and uniforms for students in grades I through VIII, free cycles for all students enrolled in government and fully aided schools, including OAVs in Class IX, and other freebies.