The state government of Karnataka launched a scheme to financially save the crises due to the loads of electricity bills. This scheme will provide free electricity to the citizens of Karnataka. An online portal called Gruha Jyothi Scheme Application as well as a full-fledged scheme was launched by the government of Karnataka on 18th June 2023. All the eligible people can fill out the Gruha Jyothi Scheme Application online on the official web portal of Seva Sindhu provided by the government. People can choose both offline and online ways to fill out the Gruha Jyothi scheme Application. Without any stress of visiting any government center or office.
Importance of Gruha Jyothi Scheme Application
As important and as essential as this Gruha Jyothi scheme is same is its application mode. So, for the ease and benefit of individuals the government has added an option of Gruha Jyothi scheme Application by which they can apply online to receive the benefits of this scheme. This Scheme Application has itself started on the 18th of June just after its launch in the state of Karnataka. The citizens of Karnataka can freely apply online on the official website of Seva Sindhu under the Scheme Application option. This is available at the fingertips of the Karnataka people.
Objective of Gruha Jyothi Scheme Application
The main objective of the Scheme Application is to make it easier for the eligible beneficiaries to apply for this scheme. This will help them to receive the benefits with much more freedom and accessibility. Now they would not have to rush to government offices and wait in long queues just to fill in an application form. The blessing is waiting for them at the doorstep with the Gruha Jyothi Scheme Application form. All the details and required formalities that are essential are listed in the scheme Application. The citizens of Karnataka can enjoy a life filled with lights and positivity.
What is the Gruha Jyothi Scheme
The Gruha Jyothi scheme in Karnataka seeks to improve the quality of life of the common people. Citizens who use up to 200 units of electricity per month are free from paying the electricity bill, saving roughly Rs. 1,000 every month. The 2.14 crore families in Karnataka State who estimatedly have used less than 200 power units per month will benefit from this program. Since the Scheme will be implemented in August for electricity usage in July, citizens must pay their electricity bills for June in July. If monthly usage is under 200 units, there will be no electricity cost for the residents.
Also Read: Gruha Lakshmi Status
Key Highlights of Gruha Jyothi Status
|Gruha Jyothi Scheme
|The state government of Karnataka
|To provide relaxation in electricity fees
|Residents of Karnataka
|Not yet introduced
- Residents of the state of Karnataka may apply for this program.
- Domestic household connections or residents qualify.
- Only one electric meter connection will be covered by the scheme benefit for a homeowner.
- Even if the meter is registered in the name of the property owner, tenants may still profit.
- Non-residents living in Karnataka may also profit from the program if they do so.
- The account/consumer ID associated with the electricity bill should be linked to the Aadhaar card.
Benefits and features
- The government will put monthly costs of Rs. 1200 crore for the implementation of this scheme.
- By putting this plan into action, all citizens will have access to electricity.
- The recipients’ standard of living will also be raised by this program.
- Residents of Karnataka will receive up to 200 units of free power each month under the Gruha Jyoti Scheme.
- No matter their caste or place of residence, all citizens receive free power.
- Domicile certificate
- Aadhar card
- Proof of residence
- Mobile number
- Electricity bill
Fill Gruha Jyothi Scheme Application Form Online
On the Seva Sindhu website, eligible individuals can begin applying for the Gruha Jyoti Scheme on June 18. The steps to apply for this program are as follows:
- Visit the Seva Sindhu portal in step one.
- The second step is to select the Gruha Jyoti scheme icon.
- Check the box next to the declaration, type the captcha code, and press the “Agree” button in the 3rd step.
- On step 4 Type in your “Aadhaar Number” and click “Get Details.”
- Complete the necessary information and press the “Generate OTP” button.
- Enter the OTP and press the “Submit” button in step 6.
Contact numbers; 08022279954, 8792662814, 8792662816
The Gruha Jyothi Scheme is an initiative launched by the state government of Karnataka to help the people with their electricity bills and stop the crises due to the loads and loads of electricity dues and fees.
The Gruha Jyothi scheme Application is an option for the people who are eligible for the scheme, so they can apply online with ease and comfort. They no longer have to visit the offices and wait for hours.
The citizens of Karnataka who are currently living inside the state and have an active electricity connection are eligible to receive the benefits of this scheme. But they should have address proof and residence proof also.
The Gruha Jyothi scheme in Karnataka seeks to improve common people’s quality of life. Citizens who use up to 200 units of electricity per month are free from paying the electricity bill, saving roughly Rs. 1,000 every month.