It is the dream of the Prime Minister to make India digital, for this many steps have been taken by the state and central governments of India. To take this forward, the Gujarat government has come up with a new scheme “NaMo Tablet Scheme” to promote digital education. This scheme has been launched by the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr. Vijay Rupani. This scheme has been started for the students. If you wish to get the details about Namo Tablet Yojana 2022 then read this article till the end. Here we include the application process, important dates, specifications of the tablet, documents you need to have while applying, eligibility, and much more.
What Is Namo Tablet Yojana 2023?
Namo Tablet Yojana has been launched by the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr. Vijay Rupani in the year 2017 on 17 July. More than 3 lakh meritorious students are going to be benefited from this scheme. students who have taken admitted in the first year of college and polytechnic courses will get the benefits of the scheme. To get the benefits, you have to submit the online application form through the digital Gujarat portal. You will get step-by-step guidance to submit the application form in this article.
Also Read: Gujarat RTE Admission
Highlights Of Namo Tablet Yojana
- Name of the scheme: Namo Tablet Yojana
- Launched by: Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr. Vijay Rupani
- Launched for: students
- Launched on: 17 July 2017
- Benefits: Providing Tablets at a Subsidized Rate
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: www.digitalgujarat.gov.in
Objective Of Namo Tablet Yojana
The motive of the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr. Vijay Rupani behind launching the Namo Tablet Yojana is to promote digital education. Moreover, to help those students, who buy a tablet at a subsidized rate who are not able to afford to buy it themselves.
Benefits/Features Of Namo Tablet Yojana
- The scheme is beneficial for the school to pass out students who are going to take admitted in the first year of college and polytechnic courses.
- Students will be able to buy the tablet at a subsidized rate of Rs. 1000 only
- This scheme will promote digital education among the students of the state.
- This is a step forward taken by the Gujarat government to fulfill the dream of the Prime Minister of India Mr. Narender Modi to make India digital
Specification of Tablet
|Camera||2MP (rear), 0.3MP (front)|
|Battery||3450 mAh Li-Ion|
|Operating System||Android v5.1 Lollipop|
|Warranty||1 Year for the handset, 6 months for in-box accessories|
All those students who meet the below-mentioned eligibility conditions will be able to get the benefits under Namo Tablet Scheme
- Should be a native of Gujarat
- The annual income of a family should not be more than 1 Lakh rupees
- Should be from the Below Poverty Line category
- Should have completed 12th in the year 2022
- Should have taken admission in degree/ diploma course
- 12th class mark sheet
- Aadhar Card
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Proof of admission in the graduate or diploma category
- Residence certificate
- Voter ID Card
Also Read: Gujarat Farmer Free Smartphone Scheme
Namo Tablet Yojana 2023 Application Procedure
- To get the benefits you have to go to the administration of your institute
- Ask them about the application for the Namo Tablet scheme
- Officials of your institute will be able to add your name to the list of eligible candidates
- Officials have to log in to the portal by using a unique institute ID
- Then go to the add new student option
- Provide the details of the student like name, category, course, etc.
- Complete the asked details and enter the board and seat number
- Enter the receipt number you get from the institution head. To get the receipt:
- Now students need to deposit the money of Rs. 1000 to the head of the institute
- The head will generate a receipt against the payment deposited by the student to the student
- Then NaMo tablet will be provided to students by the institute.
- Contact no. 079 2656 6000 (between 11:00 am to 5:00 pm)