The Foundation of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) has made available the ONGC Scholarship 2023. The ONGC Scholarship 2022-23 is open to students from all regions of India. Additionally announced is the ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST Students. Following the submission of the ONGC application form comes the release of the 2022 ONGC Scholarship Selected List. Students should submit an online scholarship application. The ONGC Limited has supported Indian education and assisted students in finishing their post-secondary education. Every year, the programme awards 2000 deserving students. To maintain your advantage, you can apply for the ONGC scholarship programme if you are an Indian national and are enrolled in the designated courses. What kind of financial aid is provided to students under this programme? Who may submit an application? Find out all the details in this article.
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship
What is ONGC Scholarship
India’s first public enterprise corporation is ONGC – Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited. It is the country’s biggest producer of crude oil and natural gas. The company, which is listed among Fortune’s “Most Admired Energy Companies,” has established numerous standards over the years. ONGC releases the ONGC Scholarship Scheme in an effort to spark interest and encourage students to finish their studies. Students who desire to finish their higher education can get financial aid through the ONGC Scheme. Students from the SC/ST/OBC and general categories who are enrolled in their first year of engineering, MBBS, MBA, or master’s programme in geophysics or geology are eligible for the scholarship. For those who meet the requirements, ONGC will provide them a scholarship. Students must carefully complete the online application form. Before filling out the ONGC Scholarship Application Form 2022 online, read the instructions completely.
Key Highlights of ONGC Scholarship
|Launched by||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited|
|Name of Scholarship||ONGC Scholarship 2022|
|Objective||To provide educational support|
|Benefits||Financial assistance for post-secondary education|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must be a resident of India|
Objective of ONGC Scholarship
Behind the launch of the ONGC Scholarship is to provide educational facilities to mainly SC/ST students from various regions of India. Education is a key to making the future brighter and shiner, but due to financial weakness, many of them are not able to do so. The ONGC provides more than 2000 students with a scholarship for their post-secondary education. It is a great initiative taken by ONGC. Students from the SC/ST/OBC and general categories who are enrolled in their first year of engineering, MBBS, MBA, or master’s programme in geophysics or geology are eligible for the scholarship.
Benefits of ONGC Scholarship
The following amount of scholarship is given under ONGC Scholarship to various students who are selected:
The eligible students who belong to SC/ST/OBC or General category and pursuing engineering, MBBS, MBA, or master’s programme in geophysics or geology will receive INR 48,000 per year for their education (INR 4,000 per month).
|Catoregy of Students||Students must belong to SC/ST/OBC or General category|
|Current Academic Standing||The applicant must be enrolled full-time at an AICTE/UGC/MCI/State University/State Education Board/Central University/Central Government institution in the first year of an engineering/MBBS programme or the first year of an MBA/Master in Geology/Geophysics programme.|
|Current Qualifying Exam Details||For the engineering and medical programmes, applicants must have received at least 60% in their Class 12 exams. For an MBA or a Master’s degree in geology or geophysics, a student must have earned at least 60% of their marks in their undergraduate programme or an overall grade point average of 6.0 on a scale of 10.|
|Annual gross family income||Less than INR 4.50 lakh per year from all sources for candidates from SC/STLess than INR 2 lakh per annum from all sources for OBC/General candidates.|
|Age criteria||Maximum 30 years old|
Details of ONGC Scholarship
|Name of Scholarship||ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST/OBC and General Category Students|
|Total number of scholarships available||2000|
In which SC/ST students are – 1000
General – 500
|Amount of scholarship||INR 48,000 per annum|
|Distribution of scholarship, stream-wise||Engineering – 494 (SC/ST) + 300 (OBC) + 300 (General)MBBS – 90 (SC/ST) + 50 (OBC) + 50 (General)MBA – 146 (SC/ST) + 50 (OBC) + 50 (General)Masters in Geology/Geophysics – 270 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)|
|Distribution of scholarship, Zone-wise||North Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)West Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)North-East Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)East Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)South Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)|
|States coming under the North Zone||Chandigarh, Delhi, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand|
|States coming under the South Zone||Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep|
|States coming under the East Zone||Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand|
|States coming under the West Zone||Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu|
|States coming under the North-East Zone||Assam, Mizoram, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland|
Without a few crucial documents, a student’s application for an ONGC scholarship cannot be considered complete. These documents serve as proof of the information provided in the application. The list of essential paperwork you must have on hand when applying for a scholarship includes:
- Photograph of the applicant in passport size
- Caste certificate (in Hindi or English)
- Age verification (birth certificate/grade report from class 10)
- Result sheet from the prerequisite exam
- Certificate of annual household income (in English and Hindi)
- Bank information (in the prescribed format)
- Aadhaar card and PAN card copies
- Copy of undertaking
Online Application Procedure
- Applicants first need to visit the ONGC scholarship’s official website.
- To begin the application, click the “Apply Scholarship” option.
- A new page appears on your screen, where you need to complete the application form with the necessary information. (Note: The application form must be filled out in capital letters by the pupils.)
- Submit the application after uploading all supporting materials and having it properly verified and submitted by the dean, head, or principal of the university, institute, or college.
- Additionally, a hard copy of the same document must be delivered to the appropriate ONGC office for your zone.
Selection Criteria for ONGC Scholarship
It is a merit-based scholarship, and the decision will be made based on your academic standing. The business itself creates the final list of chosen scholars. Your result in the class 12th exam will determine whether you are chosen for an engineering or MBBS programme. However, if you’re interested in an MBA or Masters’s programme in geology or geophysics, your candidacy will be determined by how well you performed in your undergraduate studies. Students with lower family incomes will be chosen if they received equivalent marks on the qualifying exam. Additionally, students from BPL (Below Poverty Line) families will be given preference.
Terms and Conditions related to ONGC Scholarship
The students must meet a number of requirements that have been imposed by ONGC in order for the scholarship to be implemented and disbursed successfully. These consist of:
- Students should not be receiving any other scholarships or financial aid if they wish to apply for an ONGC scholarship.
- The scholars must perform satisfactorily on their yearly examination in order to maintain their scholarship each year.
- When deciding whether to renew a scholarship, the student’s behaviour is also taken into account.
- The pupils must receive at least 50% of the possible points, or 5 out of a possible 10.
- The scholarship will not be paid to the student for that year if they do not uphold the academic standards or conduct.
- In addition, if the scholarship is cancelled, the students may reapply by completing the scholarship renewal application form in the required manner, but only if they have once again been able to retain the required percentage for grades.
- Address: Scope Minar, 8th Floor, Core III, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi-110092
- Dial 011-22406607 and 011-22406708 from a phone (Office timing 10 am-5 pm).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email for general queries: email@example.com