In India, the government controls education primarily at the state and local levels. The government also has control over education at the federal, state, and local levels. The “10+2” educational pattern is consistently followed by the central board and the majority of state boards. For students from minority communities, including Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsis, who wish to pursue higher education at the Master’s, M.Phil., and Ph.D. levels outside of India, the Ministry of Minority Affairs has implemented “Padho Pardesh,” a programme that provides interest subsidies on educational loans for overseas studies. In this post we cover all the essential points regarding Padho Pardesh Scheme 2023 including it’s objective, benefits, eligibility criteria and much more.
About Padho Pardesh Scheme 2023
The Padho Pardesh scheme was launched by the Indian government to lower the cost of international study for qualified students. Individuals from the minority group are eligible for this program’s interest subsidy on education loans taken out for international study. This tool is one of the practical financial choices that can pay for all the costs associated with studying abroad. These include tuition fees, exam fees, entrance fees, the cost of study materials, the cost of lodging, the cost of travel, the cost of meals, the cost of medical bills, etc. The eligible students may only get the interest subsidy once under the programme.According to Ministry of Minority Affairs rules, 35% of the seats will be reserved for female students. In the absence of female pupils, seats may be given to male students.
Also Check: National Education Policy
Key Highlights of Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Padho Pardesh Scheme 2023|
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Objective||To provide higher education in abroad|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must be of recognized minority community|
|Monitored By||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Official Website||Padho Scheme|
Objective of Padho Pardesh Scheme
The Central Government created the programme with the primary objective of giving deserving students from economically disadvantaged groups an interest subsidy. Scholarships are offered in order to give students from underrepresented groups a better chance to complete their higher education abroad and increase their employment prospects. Any private bank, public sector bank, scheduled commercial bank, cooperative bank, etc. is able to provide educational loans to students.
Interest Rate of Subsidy under Padho Pardesh Scheme
- According to the plan, the Indian government will cover the interest costs during the moratorium. The moratorium period often lasts throughout the length of the course and for six months or a year following employment.
- The student is responsible for paying the accrued interest on the outstanding loan balance after the moratorium period.
- The student is responsible for covering both the main sum and the interest accrued after the moratorium period.
Key Features of Padho Pradesh Scheme
- Minority educational welfare – The scheme’s principal goal was to assist students from poor and minority populations in obtaining loans at subsidised interest rates for educational advancement.
- Interest rate subsidy of 100% – The interest rate on college loans is extremely high. As a result, many students are unable to afford these credits. With the plan in place, students will receive a 100% credit subsidy.
- Covering the duration of the course – Another characteristic of the system is that students will get a subsidy throughout the duration of the course. As a result, they will be able to focus on the course.
- Partial courses are also mentioned – Many courses are taught in sections, for example, one session in India and the rest in another country. Candidates will receive the scholarship as long as the degree is granted by a foreign university.
- Beneficiaries – To date, 1343 students have benefited from the programme. These candidates are members of the minority group and have admit to international universities.
The Requirements for Interest Subsidy
The following are the requirements that meet in order to receive the advantages of the interest subsidy:
- Only higher education outside of India is eligible for the scheme’s benefits for students.
- Students who qualify for Ph.D., MPhil, and Master’s programmes are the only ones for whom the Indian government will cover the interest subsidy.
- If a student drops out of a course in the middle of the semester, they are not eligible for the programme.
- If any conditions are broken, the government will not pay the interest subsidy.
- If it is discovered that the student provided fraudulent information, the stipend will remove.
- If the student relinquishes his or her Indian citizenship, no interest subsidy will pay.
- The bank that makes the education loan will have a separate account for any monies received from the Ministry. Every quarter, the Ministry will receive a report.
- More cash will supply only if the utilisation certificate is receive.
- The bank that makes the loan will make certain that students do not receive interest subsidies from other schemes for the same purpose.
- The term “responsibility” refers to the act of determining whether or not a person is responsible for his or her own actions.
- The initiative will evaluate on a regular basis by the Ministry.
- The terms and conditions of the scheme are subject to revision at any time by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- 35% of the seats will be designated for female candidates. If there are insufficient female applicants, the seats will be filled by male candidates.
- The Selection Committee’s decision to provide the interest subsidy will be final, and no appeal will be allowed.
Discipline covered under the Scheme
The subjects/ disciplines in which courses may pursue for the provision of interest subsidies are lists below:
- Arts/ Humanities/ Social Sciences
- Pure Sciences
- Bio- technology/ Genetic Engineering
- Industrial Environmental Engineering
- Nano- technology
- Marine Engineering
- Petro-chemical Engineering
- Plastic Technology
- Cryogenic Engineering
- Automation Robotics including artificial intelligence
- Laser Technology
- Low Temperature Thermal Dynamics
- Art Restoration Technology
- Dock and Harbour Engineering
- Imaging System Technology
- Composite Materials Engineering including Decentralized power Distribution (for
- Solar Heat) system, Energy Storage Engineering, Energy conservation, Energy
- Efficient Habitat
- Packaging Engineering/ Technology
- Nuclear Engineering
- Information Technology including Computer Engineering, Software, Software
- Quality assurance, Networking/ Connectivity Engineering, Communication system
- under Hazardous or Post-disaster conditions, Multi- media Communication
- Industrial Safety Engineering
- Agriculture & Agro Technology
- Floriculture & Landscaping
- Food Sciences & Technology
- Forestry & Natural Resources
- Plant Pathology
- Energy Studies
- Farm Power & Machinery
- Veterinary Sciences
- Soils & Water Management
- Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Small- scale Rural Technology
- Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences
Students must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to participate in the programme:
- The student must have obtained admission to one of the recognised Ph.D., MPhil., or Master’s level courses overseas.
- The student has to have gotten the loan from a bank that participates in the Indian Banks Association’s education loan programme (IBA).
- If a student wants to take advantage of the program’s benefits, they must do it during their first year of study. The perks are not available to students in their second year or any following years.
- Applications that fall under a lower rate of interest will preference.
- Payment of the financial benefit should, if possible, be connect to the Aadhaar number.
- The parent or guardian’s annual household income should not be more than Rs. 6 lakh.
- Loan application form – The first document that all candidates must supply is the credit application papers. The form will be issued by the relevant bank and all other documents must be connected with it.
- Aadhar card – A photocopy of the Aadhar card will be required for verification of the candidate’s name, age, address, and so on. It will also include a photograph of the nominee.
- Coursework and admissions documents – To substantiate their claims of higher education, candidates must provide documentation demonstrating successful admission to a foreign university. Other course-relate papers must be include with the form as well.
- Income certificate – Because there is an income criterion, candidates must provide an income certificate to back their claims.
- Minority certificate – The initiative creates to help minority groups develop. As a result, providing the minority community certificate is require.
- Bank account information – Monetary transactions will take place through bank accounts. As a result, providing account data is also require.
Also Read: National Overseas Scholarship
Application Procedure for Padho Pradesh Scheme
- The procedure can only begin if the individual has admit to a foreign university.
- With the admission papers, the candidate must approach the bank of his or her choice that has acquired the approval of the IBA.
- The education credit paperwork will be provided by the banker. After filling out the loan forms with the necessary information, all vital documents must add to the form.
- Once the form fill, it will be sent to bank headquarters and then to the respective Department of the Minority Welfare for documentation.
Procedure for Registration under Padho Pradesh Scheme
- The applicants need to visit the Padho Scheme Website of Padho Pradesh Scheme.
- The Homepage will appear on your screen, where you have to click on the Register button.
- The registration page will appear on your screen, where you need to fill the your Mobile Number and Captcha code.
- After that click on the Get OTP button, then you will receive the OTP on your registered button.
- Then fill the form with all the required details.
Procedure for Login under the Padho Pradesh Scheme
- The applicants need to visit the Official Website of Padho Pradesh Scheme.
- The Homepage will appear on your screen, where you have to click on the Login button.
- The login button will appear on your screen, where you fill your Mobile button and captcha code.
- After that click on the Login button.
- EmailID – Customer.email@example.com
- Phone No +91 79690-76111