After the Digital India Revolution, the government is also implementing the WiFi Revolution. In the modern era, the Internet has developed into a crucial necessity. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM-WANI (Wi-Fi Access Network Interface) project with the consent of the New Delhi Union Cabinet, which will increase the availability of Wi-Fi. Our small business owners will be able to offer Wi-Fi service thanks to this plan. Their income will increase, and it will also guarantee that our youth have simple access to internet connectivity. The mission will be strengthened by the fact that India is now digital. We are going to give you all the crucial details about this programme through this article. Like the PM Wani Yojana features, advantages, eligibility requirements, application requirements, etc. Friends, please read this article through to the conclusion if you are a PM-WANI Yojana participant.
About PM Wani Yojana
The Prime Minister WiFi Access Network Initiative (PM Wani Yojana) was launched by Shri Narendra Modi, our nation’s chief minister. The government will implement this plan to make Wi-Fi access in all public areas. PM Wani Yojana would provide this facility at no cost. The country will see a tremendous WiFi revolution, and thanks to this program, businesses will also benefit. Employment chances will also grow through this PM Wani Yojana. Now internet facility will be provided along with cheap wheat rice at the ration distribution shops of Dehradun. All the citizens who come within a radius of 150 meters from the ration distribution shops will be provided this facility to the operators of ration shops as Public Data Officers. The ration operator will charge ₹8 per day per citizen by providing WiFi facility to outside citizens.
Also Read: Raksha Pension Shikayat Nivaran
Key Highlights of Wani Scheme
|PM Narendra Modi
|Name of Yojana
|PM Wani Yojana
|To provide free WIFI Service
|The plan will increase incomes and guarantee that young people have smooth internet connectivity
|Must be resident of India
Objective of PM Wani Yojana
- The PM Vani Yojana’s primary goal is to install WiFi in all public spaces. Every person in the nation can now access the Internet thanks to this plan. for them to have a lot of amenities. Public data offices will have Wi-Fi networks available to the public without requiring a license, payment, or registration.
- Public Wi-Fi expansion will help small and medium-sized businesses have more disposable income, which will increase the GDP of the nation and lead to job creation.
Benefits of PM Wani Yojana
- The PM-WANI Yojana would provide free Wi-Fi access.
- Small business owners will be able to offer WiFi service thanks to the programme.
- This programme will increase earnings while ensuring that young people have smooth internet access.
- Additionally, it will support the aim of Digital India.
- The creation of public WiFi networks to offer free WiFi access through Public Data Offices was approved by the Cabinet yesterday.
- The Cabinet also approved the installation of a submerged optical fiber connection that will connect Kochi, on the mainland, with the Lakshadweep Islands.
Features of PM Wani Yojana
- On December 9, 2020, the Union Cabinet gave its approval to the plan.
- Additionally, this Scheme will make life and doing business easier.
- The Telecom Department has distributed across the nation by the Union Cabinet.
- A PDO (Public Data Office) will be established first as part of this.
- This public data office will not require a license, registration, or cost.
- The Public Data Office (PDO) plans to build a network to offer free Wi-Fi to the general public have approve.
- PDA’s (Public Data Aggregator) responsibility is to handle PDO’s authorisation and accounting.
- After applying, the registration process must finish within seven days.
The applicant who wants to get the benefits of this PM Wani Yojana must be a resident of India.
Public Data Offices will be Established
Public data offices are being established as part of the PM Wani Yojana 2024 to give internet access throughout the nation. Because the Prime Minister’s primary motivation for launching this programme was to install Wi-Fi in every public space so that all of the nation’s residents can use the Internet and benefit from online services while remaining in their homes. The Public Data Office will offer free public Wi-Fi networks to the general public. Because of this, work is moving quickly to establish public data offices across the nation.
Delhi’s North Corporation is where the programme is being implemented in its Initial Phase
It was founded to offer internet access. With this plan, hotspots will be established in Delhi’s three municipal corporations in the north, south, and east to offer internet access for a reasonable price via Wi-Fi. The general public can gain inexpensive access to the internet through these hotspots. Once an internet connection is available, Delhi students will also be able to enroll in online courses. All three corporations are operating at full capacity. The first organization to work on this project is the North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
- In 90 out of the 104 corporation wards in the North Corporation of Delhi, work is being done to install WiFi hotspots. At these wards, hotspots will be installed in more than 1800 locations for which the identifying process has begun.
- At 850 of these locations, internet service has also been launched. Now, between 30000 and 40000 residents of Delhi will have access to affordable and convenient internet. Second in the implementation of this plan is Dakshin Nigam.
- Of the 104 wards in South Corporation, work is currently being done at 1000 locations in 65 of them. 500 of these 1000 locations offer internet access to the public. By this programme, work is also being done in East Delhi Municipal Corporation.
Online Registration Process for PM-WANI Yojana
The government gave the go-ahead for a project named PM WANI to offer Wi-Fi services throughout the nation. Under this programme, it has been decided to open approximately one crore of data centers throughout the nation. Like public data offices, these data centers will do business. It will function similarly to previous PCOs or public call centres.
You can use the Wi-Fi service at these facilities by paying any money. A public data centre will be able to open as anything from a tea shop to a little shop, which is exciting. After applying, the registration process must finish within seven days.
Also Read: PMGDisha Registration
How to Apply for the PM-WANI Yojana Online
All Eligible Applicants who wish to apply for this scheme should carefully read the instructions and take the actions outlined below to complete the online application form:
Procedure for filling the PDO Portal
- Applicants first need to visit the PM Wani website of PM Wani Yojana.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, where you need to click on the PDO Portal tab.
- A new page will open where you fill all your details such as:
- Mobile number
- Email id
- PIN Code, etc.
- After filling all the details click on the submit button after entering all the details.
Filling the PDOA Portal
- Applicants first need to visit the official website of PM Wani Yojana.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, where you need to click on the PDOA Portal tab.
- On this page, you have to enter your Email Address, Password, and Captcha code.
- After that, you have to click on the Login Button.
PM Wani App Provider Portal
- Applicants first need to visit the official website of PM Wani Yojana.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, where you need to click on the APP Provider Portal tab.
- On this page you have to enter your Email Address, Password and Captcha code.
- After that you have to click on the Login Button.
- C-DOT BANGALORE
- C-DOT Campus,
- Electronic City Phase 1, Bengaluru-560100
- +91-80-25119898 (9 AM to 5 PM)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (For Central Registry-related queries)
- email@example.com (For PM-WANI scheme-related queries)
- C-DOT DELHI
- C-DOT Delhi Campus
- Mehrauli, New Delhi – 110030
- +91-11-26598700, +91-9971277474 (9 AM to 5 PM)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (For Central Registry related queries)
- email@example.com (For PM-WANI scheme related queries)