An initiative by the central government of India for the people to help them with building or buying a house of their own is being carried out by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a list of beneficiaries provided by the central government of India. This list is available on the official web portal of the PMAY Urban List. The list mainly rules out the important factors about the allocations, infrastructures, benefits and other things related to the scheme. All the information that you need about the Urban list is available on the official web portal of the Pradhan Mantri awas yojana.
Overview of PMAY Urban List
To all the people who are living in urban areas, especially slum people, the PMAY Urban list is formed to provide a cheap and affordable housing option. By 2022, it’s predicted that there will be a demand for up to 18 million slum homes. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban list provides all the important information about the benefits and all the important details that have to be kept in mind while applying for this scheme. To be eligible for financial assistance from the government under the list beneficiary homes should not be the owners of any pucca houses in any region of India. The plan covers all metropolitan cities across the nation.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Objective of PMAY Urban List
The primary objective of the PMAY urban list is to help the people who are living in big cities but do not have financial assistance to build or buy a house for themselves. The PMAY urban list will help such people to get a house by offering them a loan and there will not be any interest deducted. PMAY Urban list was formed by the central government to give the beneficiaries an idea about the minute details for the application process. There is a full-fledged detailed document present on the official website which clearly states all the rules and regulations. Also, the benefits of this Urban list are listed.
Key highlights of PMAY Urban List
|Scheme Name||PMAY Urban list|
|Launched by||The central Government of India|
|Objective||To help the urban poor to build and buy homes|
|Beneficiaries||Economically weaker section|
Also Read: PMAY Status
It is really easy and simple to see the PMAY beneficiary list for 2023. The registered person’s name, father’s name, survey code, beneficiary code, component name, city, and state names are all listed in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana urban list.
- Partnership for Affordable Housing
- In-Situ Slum Rehabilitation
- Construction or Improvements carried out by Beneficiaries
- The Credit Linked Subsidy Program
Which details are mentioned in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban List
The details that are mentioned in PMAY Urban list are as follows
- Under the PMAY Urban list every home has a kitchen, bathroom, and access to water and electricity.
- By allowing female members or joint members to own homes, the Mission supports women’s empowerment.
- Additionally, people with disabilities, the elderly, SC, ST, OBC, minority groups, single women, transgender people, and other weaker & more vulnerable groups in society have been given preference
- . The beneficiaries of a PMAY Urban list home are guaranteed a life of dignity, security, and ownership pride.
- In order to meet the demands of each individual Urban list has used an automatic approach based on factors such as geography, topography, economic situations, the availability of land, infrastructure, etc.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana List
Benefits and Features
- Maximum amount of a subsidy
- 2.35 lakh rupees for Middle Income group 1
- 2.30 lakh rupees for Middle-income group 2
- Home Loan Subsidy Maximum Amount
- 9 lakh rupees for Middle income group 1
- 12 lakh rupees for Middle income group 2
- Rate of interest subsidy
- 4.00% for Middle-income group 1
- 3.00% for Middle-income group 2
- Maximum carpeting in a residential unit
- 160 sq. m for Middle-income group 1
- 200 sq. M for Middle-income group 2
- The maximum term for a mortgage
- 20 years for Middle-income group 1
- 20 years for Middle-income group 2
- The interest subsidy’s discounted net present value
- 9% for Middle income group 1
- 9% for Middle-income group 2
- An adult bread earner shall be taken into consideration as a separate family.
- A beneficiary family would include the husband, wife, unmarried sons or unmarried daughters.
- In no region of India shall the beneficiary family or applicants own a pucca house in its name or on behalf of any member of its family
How to check PMAY Urban list online
Follow these steps in sequence to learn how to quickly check the PMAY Urban list.
- Visit the PMAY Urban website as the first step.
- On Step 2 On the home page, select the Select Beneficiary tab.
- Choose Search by Name in step 3
- In Step 4 Enter your Aadhaar number and select Show.
- After entering the Aadhaar number, click the Show button.
- In Step 6 Look for the person’s name on the PMAY Urban list.
For issues and queries related to the PMAY Urban list feel free to contact the following numbers and addresses;
- Address:- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110011.
- Contact Numbers:- 011-23063620, 011-23063567
PMAY Urban list is a list of beneficiaries which is launched by the central government of India. In this list there are present the names and benefits and other details of beneficiaries who are eligible to get a loan or subsidy so they can buy their own homes and houses.
Any citizen in India is eligible for this scheme because it is a central government scheme but there are various criteria for the selection. Such as the applicant should not be an owner of a pucca house or a house they already own.
The term urban poor states a person who lives in a metropolitan or a big city but belongs to an economically lower income group. The person who has no house of their own and is not financially sound to buy a house of his own.