Telangana Breakfast Scheme is a nutritional scheme by the Telangana Government. The Government of the Telangana state will be providing free of cost breakfast to the people who are currently studying in Government schools of the Telangana state. Students will be given nutritional breakfast every day so that they are encouraged to come to school. Students for not able to get proper nutritional meals will be provided financial assistance so that they can eat good food. The Students from classes 1st to 10th will be covered through the development of this program presented by the Telangana government. Everyday new menu will be covered by the Telangana government so that the students do not feel boredom by eating the same food every day.
Coverage Under Telangana Breakfast Scheme 2023
More than 20 lakh people will be covered under the Telangana Breakfast Scheme. Students from classes 1 to 10th of the Telangana government school will be presented with the benefit of this program. Breakfast will be served 45 minutes before the start of the classes in the government schools of the Telangana state. The timings have been announced by the Telangana government on the Twitter account to be followed by the students and the headmasters. The menu is also released by the organization so that it can be followed by the authorities to serve breakfast to all the students. Every menu item is made with special care.
Objective of Telangana Breakfast Scheme
The following objectives will be fulfilled through the development of the scheme:
- It will avoid hunger in the classroom
- It will address malnutrition
- It will optimize the health & growth of students.
- It will motivate students to attend school regularly
- This will maximize enrolment and reduce the dropout rate
- This scheme will also improve the socialization of the students.
- More than 20 lakh students will be selected from classes 1 to 10 in all government schools to benefit from this program.
- To improve socialization.
Key Highlights of Telangana Breakfast Scheme
|Name||Telangana breakfast scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Telangana|
|Objective||Providing free breakfast|
|Beneficiaries||Students from the government schools of Telangana|
|Official site||Official Website|
Process of Monitoring under Telangana Breakfast Scheme
- Head Master supervises at the school level.
- Complex Head Master monitors all the schools in their school complex.
- The Mandal Nodal Officer monitors all the schools in the mandal.
- The District Educational Officer monitors all the schools in the district, along with the community coordinator of Samagra Shiksha.
- Tracking of the Breakfast Scheme through Mobile App and Online software.
- The program is implemented in convergence with Panchayat Raj, Women Development & Child Welfare Departments.
- The School Education Department is the Nodal Department.
- In areas covered by Corporations, the Commissioner is the Supervisory/Nodal officer
- At the District level, the Additional Collector Local bodies is the overall Supervisory officer for all the schools in the district.
- Periodical visits by Food Inspectors for quality checks.
Also Check: TS EPass Scholarship
Features and Benefits of Ts Breakfast Scheme
The following are the key features and benefits of the Telangana breakfast scheme:
- Training for cook cum helpers through reputed agencies
- Modernizing existing kitchens with the technical support of reputed agencies.
- Standard operating procedures (SOP) for cooking, serving, sanitation and hygiene shall be prepared by reputed agencies.
- Healthy ingredients
- Convergence between Education, Panchayat Raj, WD & CW, and Health departments.
- Monitoring-Tracking through mobile app and online software.
- Hot, hygienically cooked breakfast prepared locally.
- Together with Breakfast, Ragi java and Mid Day Meal, the maximum nutritional needs of students are met in the school itself.
Also Check: RTE Telangana 2023-24
Menu Items under the Telangana Breakfast Scheme
|MONDAY||Idli + Sambar|
|Wheat Rava Upma + Chutney|
|TUESDAY||Puri with Aloo Kurma|
|Tomato Bath with Rava + Sambar|
|WEDNESDAY||Upma + Sambar|
|Rice Rava Khichdi + Chutney|
|THURSDAY||Pongal with Sambar|
|Millet Idli + Sambar|
|FRIDAY||Uggani / Poha / Millet Idli + Chutney|
|Wheat Rava Khichadi + Chutney|
|SATURDAY||Pongal with Sambar|
|Vegetable Pulao with Raita / Aloo Kurma|
Breakfast Timings Under Ts Breakfast Scheme
|Student Level||School Timing (Except Hyderabad & Sec)||Breakfast Timings||Prayer Timing|
|Primary||9:30 AM – 4:15 PM||8:45 AM Onwards||9:35 AM – 9:45 AM|
|Primary (Twin Cities)||8:45 AM – 3:45 PM||8:00 AM Onwards||8:50 AM – 9:00 AM|
|Upper Primary, High School||9:30 AM – 4:45 PM||8:45 AM Onwards||9:35 AM – 9:45 AM|
|Upper Primary, High School (Twin Cities)||8:45 AM – 4:00 PM||8:00 AM Onwards||8:50 AM – 9:00 AM|
- Phone- 040-23450466
- Fax: 23459944
Read it: PM Shri Schools
Breakfast Scheme FAQs
There is no specific application procedure to be followed to apply for the Telangana Breakfast Scheme because the scheme will be automatically launched on 6th October in all government schools.
The breakfast menu will consist of various nutritional meals that are normal for the Telangana residents such as idly and sambar.
Applicants who are studying in classes 1st to 10th in Government schools in Telangana will be eligible to get breakfast in the Telangana Breakfast Scheme.