PM Matsya Sampada Scheme was created in order to address the gaps which are present in fish production, productivity quality technology, and also the post-harvest infrastructure and management which is followed by the concerned organization of the Government. It is presented in order to provide important specifications related to the fish production department which is present under the Indian Government and provide it proper schemes and benefits in order to enhance it. You can check out the details related to the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana and we will also share with you all the procedures for this scheme.
About Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is created in order to provide proper opportunities to all of the people who are included in the Department of fisheries and it will help in developing a sustainable development procedure for the fisheries sector for the next 5 years. The scheme was launched in the year 2020 on 10th September in order to provide proper opportunities so that the fisheries sector in India can develop. The scheme is presented by the central government in order to provide opportunities so there is a potential inclusion of various procedures which can help develop the fisheries sector and there is also an efficient use of land and water resources so that there is a proper enhancement in the fish production and productivity.
Also Check: PM Kisan List
Features Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
There are a lot of features of the scheme which must take care of by all of the candidates:-
- The main focus of the government will be on the development of fisheries production but also the quality of post-harvest management will take care of by the organization.
- There will be the proper promotion of startups in the fisheries sector so that there is the development of business models and innovative ideas.
- Cluster/Area-based Approaches – These will identify the potential clusters for fisheries’ development and will support with:
- Requisite interventions
- Forward and backward linkages
- Facilities with quality brood, seed, and feed
- Processing and marketing networks
- Linking and converging existing schemes – To amplify the outcomes of Mastya Sampada, it will foster the following schemes among others:
- Ministry of Shipping’s Sagarmala Project
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries’ PM Kisan Sampada Yojana
- Ministry of Rural Development’s National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM).
- Ministry of Rural Development’s Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
- Ministry of Agriculture’s Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY).
- The district, and sub-district level units will create along with:
- State Programming Units
- District Programming Units
- Sub-district Programme Units
- Allocations for new and emerging technologies for effective use of land and water resources:
- Recirculatory Aquaculture Systems
- Aquaponics Cage Cultivation
- The main focus of the scheme will be on species diversification, value addition, end-to-end traceability, and brand promotion in close collaboration with The Marine Products Exports Development Authority (MPEDA).
- The focus of the fisheries sectors’ development in the J&K, Ladakh, Islands, Northeast, and Aspirational Districts through area-specific strategic development planning.
- Aquaculture promotion will undertake especially in the saline and alkaline areas of Northern India
- Address diseases, anti-biotic, and residue issues which will support by an integrated laboratory network.
- E-marketing and E-trading of Fish along with wholesale and retail fish markets will be created.
Objective Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
The main objective of this scheme is to provide development in the fisheries sectors of India and in order to provide sustainability so that there is proper production of fish. The development of this scheme will help in the efficient use of land and water resources so there is an enhancement in fish production and productivity. The value change will also be modernized using the scheme and there will be proper post-harvest management and quality improvement in terms of fish production. The farmers who are included in fish production will also be able to double their income through the development of this scheme and there will be new employment opportunities available. Exports will be enhanced and they will be proper social and economical security presented to the farmers.
Benefits Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
The following benefits will provide to all of the farmers:-
- Through the implementation of the scheme, fish production is likely to enhance from 13.75 million metric tons to 22 million metric tons by 2024-25
- Annual growth of about 9% will experience in fish production.
- There will be an increase in the contribution of the GVA of the fisheries sector to the Agriculture GVA from 7.28% in 2018-19 to about 9% by 2024-25.
- There can be double export earnings from the present Rs.46,589 crores (2018-19) to about Rs.1,00,000 crores by 2024-25.
- The country will experience an enhancement of productivity in aquaculture from the present national average of 3 tons to about 5 tons per hectare.
- There will be a reduction of post-harvest losses from the reported 20-25% to about 10%.
- Doubling of incomes of fishers and fish farmers.
- Generation of about 15 lakhs direct gainful employment opportunities.
- Thrice the number as indirect employment opportunities along the supply and value chain.
- Enhancement of domestic fish consumption from about 5 kg to about 12 kg per capita.
- Encouragement of private investment and facilitation of growth of entrepreneurship in the fisheries sector.
The following beneficiaries will include in the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2023:-
- Fish farmers
- Fish workers and Fish vendors
- Fisheries Development corporations
- Self-Help Groups (SHGs)/Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) in the fisheries sector
- Fisheries cooperatives
- Fisheries Federations
- Entrepreneurs and private firms
- Fish Farmers Producer Organizations/Companies (FFPOs/Cs)
- SCs/STs/Women/Differently abled persons
- State Governments/UTs and their entities including
- State Fisheries Development Boards (SFDB)
- Central Government and its entities
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Application Procedure
This scheme will implement by the Indian Government in order to provide proper opportunities to the farmers who involves in fish farming so all of the farmers will be automatically get selected by the Indian Government. The applicants will be provided the benefit of the scheme if they follow the beneficiary criteria presented by the organization. You have to make sure that you are getting the information related to the scheme from the official website.