If you are a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu State then you can apply for the newly launched scheme created by the Chief Minister in order to stimulate the scientific interest of the students who are currently studying in Government schools available in the Tamil Nadu state. You can check out the details related to the Tamil Nadu Vanavil Mandram Scheme 2023 from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the details related to the eligibility criteria that you need to follow in order to be a part of the organization. You can check out the details related to the application procedure that you need to follow in order to be a part of the organization.
Overview of the Vanavil Mandram Scheme
Vanavil Mandram (Rainbow forum) is a very interesting initiative which is created by the Chief Minister of the Tamil Nadu state in order to provide proper opportunities to students who are interested in scientific technology in India or abroad. It is aimed at promoting interest among the students of standards 6 to 8 to learn Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). A lot of people will attend this event including Ministers K N Nehru, Thangam Thennarasu, Anbil Mahesh Poyyamozhi and Tiruchirappalli Mayor M Anpahagan. Tamil Nadu Vanavil Mandram Scheme was inaugurated recently and the Chief Minister flagged off 100 mobile science and mathematics laboratories on behalf of the school’s Education department to stimulate the scientific temper among students.
Also Check: Tamil Nadu Kalloori Kanavu Scheme
Benefits Of Scheme
There are a lot of benefits which will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious scheme:-
- This scheme will help in the promotion of scientific interest among the school students who are still studying from class 6th to class 8th.
- The students will be provided proper guidance in the stream of Science and Technology through the development of this official platform.
- The scheme has been implemented by the Chief Minister of the Tamil Nadu State from 28 November 2022 in order to provide proper opportunities.
- The chief minister has already distributed around 100 mobile science and mathematics laboratories on behalf of the school’s education department in order to stimulate scientific interest.
- It would teach students science experiments and mathematics, on a monthly basis, with proper guidance, and display science tools made by students.
- The scheme will be implemented at an estimated cost of Rs 25 crore to benefit 25 lakh government school, students.
Also Check: Tamil Nadu Urban Employment Scheme
Objective Of Vanavil Mandram Scheme
The Chief Minister visits the classrooms where science experiments were conducted by the students under the guidance of the teachers and interacts with them. Special training has been provided to teachers who had expressed interest in participating in the programme across the state to share the methods they have used so far in teaching and provide suggestions for continued implementation of the programme. The main aim behind the development of the scheme is to provide opportunities to the people who are otherwise not able to get the opportunities of studying science and technology because of the less accessibility that they have. About 710 STEM facilitators have been selected across Tamil Nadu to implement this programme and they will act as mobile science and mathematics experimenters.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to be a part of the scholarship:-
- The applicant must be studying in class 6th to class 8th.
- The applicant must be a government school student.
- About 710 STEM facilitators have been selected across Tamil Nadu to implement the Vanavil Mandram programme so that they can act as mobile science and mathematics experimenters.
Tamil Nadu Vanavil Mandram Scheme Application Process
The beneficiaries will identify by the school authorities and the government authorities themselves based on the performance that they have initiated in their qualifying examinations. The students will be provided guidance so that they can continue their experiments in the scientific and technology field.