The newlywed couple receives marriage registration certificates from the West Bengal government’s Law Department Register General of Marriages. The West Bengal government has introduced an e-registry system to streamline the marriage registration procedure. Due to this, the government is teaching marriage registrars how to handle applications submitted online using the new portal or online procedure. Additionally, this new technique will lower the West Bengali rates for marriage registration. You can submit an online application for marriage registration at rgmwb.gov.in. This page includes a detailed description of the online application process, eligibility requirements, documentation requirements, and other key details. Gather the data from here before applying for the West Bengal Marriage Registration 2023, if that is what you wanted to do.
About West Bengal Marriage Registration 2023
Under the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955, the Special Marriage Act of 1954, the Indian Christen Marriage Act of 1872, and the Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act of 1936, couples may submit an application for registration. The Hindu marriage act applies to anyone who identifies as a Hindu in any of its manifestations or developments, including Virashaivas, Lingayats, and adherents of the Brahmo, Prarthana, or Arya Samaj as well as those who are Buddhists, Jainas, or Sikhs but are not Muslims, Christians, Parsis, or Jews. The Indian Christen Marriage Act is intended for members of the Christian faith. The Parsi community’s members are covered by the Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act. The Special Marriage Act of other individuals is applicable. For West Bengal Marriage Registration, this operation will cost less than Rs. 1000 (current exchange rate).
Also Read: State Wise Marriage Registration
Key Highlights of West Bengal Marriage Registration
|Introduced By||Law Department Register General of Marriages|
|Name of Scheme||West Bengal Marriage Registration 2023|
|Objective||To reduce the use of papers and do online registration|
|Benefits||Save time and chances to decrease the divorce rate|
|Eligibility Criteria||The applicant should be a citizen of WB and married|
|Beneficiaries||Married couples of WB|
|Official Website||Marriage Registration|
Objective of West Bengal Marriage Registration
The main goal of West Bengal Marriage Registration is to use as little paper as possible and to simplify the marriage register operations, including the process of obtaining marriage certificates. As a result, the information on the paperwork needed for marriage will be provided via this WB Marriage Registration Portal.
Benefits of WB Marriage Registration
Married couples can register their nuptials online at West Bengal Marriage Registration. The time and effort previously required for this procedure are reduced by this portal. People are now able to quickly register for their weddings online. The platform for West Bengal marriage registration is called “MARREG,” which stands for “Marriage and Registration.”By increasing the number of weddings that are registered, this site can significantly lower the number of rapid and premature divorces. Therefore, the parties seeking a divorce must appear in court. There is a good probability that the divorcing couple will be able to settle their differences amicably. They can continue living together and avoid getting divorced as a result.
|Within 2 Months of the Wedding||Rs- 200\-|
|After 2 Months of the Wedding||Rs- 400\-|
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of invitation Card
- Permanent Address Proof
- Photograph of Bride and Groom
- Present Address Proof
- Signature of Bride and Groom
- The bride must be at least 18 years old, while the groom must be at least 21.
- At the moment of marriage, neither partner is married to more than one person.
- When the parties get married, neither is unable to give legal consent.
- Unless the tradition or usage controlling each of them permits of a marriage between the two, degrees of the banned relationship must not be present within the parties and not sapindas of each other.
Also Read: West Bengal Health Scheme
Application Procedure for West Bengal Marriage Registration 2023
- You must immediately visit the Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal’s Official website in order to register online.
- On the middle of the page, on the right side, select the “register your marriage” option.
- Click “click here to apply online” on the screen that opens, then go through the processes.
- The application form will show on the screen after selecting the Proceed option.
- Choose the legislation that you want to register under.
- You must provide information about your spouse (the groom), including his name, father’s name, date of birth, registration information, email address, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhar number, etc., and upload the groom’s papers.
- Then go to the second section of the form, which is the wife’s (bride’s) information, and upload the bride’s papers. The bride’s information includes her name, father’s name, birthdate, registration information, email address, phone number, religion, nationality, and other facts.
- Now go to the third section of the form, which contains information on the social marriage, including the venue, the date, and the invitation card.
- Go now to the fourth section of the children’s form detail (it is not a mandatory field you can skip this information if not have it)
- then choose the option for the marriage registrar by groom’s or bride’s address.
- An image of the marriage registry comes on the screen. Choose one of them and specify the gramme panchayat, district, subdistrict, work region, and kind of marriage official.
- Go to the last section of the application form, where you must input registration information, and choose “office of the marriage officer” or “outside of the office of the marriage officer (within his/her jurisdiction)” as the registration site.
- next input the address of the building, its number, its street or location, its block, its work area, its police station, its gramme panchayat, its village, and its post office.
- Then choose “during the marriage officer’s office hours” or “after the marriage officer’s office hours.”
- Enter the code, select the “Submit” option, and don’t forget to print it off first for your records.
Procedure to Raise the Objection
- You must visit the official website in order to voice an objection.
- From the search service menu on the home page
- Choose “objection” from the menu.
- On the screen, the application form will display.
- Input the information in the form as described below.
- Application number
- Relation with applicant
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Postal address
- Objection reason
- Upload Signature
- Captcha code
- Once all the information has been entered, click the “submit” button to submit the application.
Procedure to Change Marriage Officer
- You must visit the official website to submit a request for a change of marriage officer.
- From the search service menu on the home page
- When you choose “transfer,” the application form will appear on the screen.
- Enter your application number, the wedding couple’s birthdates, the reason for the change, and the captcha code.
- To submit your request application, select the submit option.
- Has experienced frequent episodes of mania or epilepsy
- Due to mental incapacity, an Applicant is unable to provide legitimate consent to it.
- Any applicant who is already married and residing with their spouse at the time of the marriage
- The female is eighteen years old, and the guy has not reached the age of twenty-one.
- The Applicants fall within the range of relationships that are illegal.
- either the bride or the groom has been experiencing a mental illness of nature or severity that renders them unsuited for matrimony and childbearing.
- When the marriage is performed in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, both Applicants must be Indian nationals who reside in one of the areas covered by this Act.
- Phone number- 033-22259398
- FAX- 033-22259308
- Email ID- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org