For the fiscal year 2024, the Government of India released the Budget 2024 Highlights. The finance minister of India Mrs Nirmala Sitharaman released the union budget for the fiscal year of 2024-25. Because of the Lok Sabha election in 2024, the Union budget released by the finance minister of India is an interim one. The full budget for the fiscal 2024-25 will be released in July after the completion of the Lok Sabha election in India. Many schemes and services are launched in the union budget for the female citizens of the country. No changes are introduced in tax slabs under the union budget 2024-25.
Overview of Budget 2024
The finance minister of India Mrs Nirmala Sitaraman released the union budget for the financial year of 2024-25. In the union budget for the financial year 2024-25, the Government of India introduced no change in the tax slabs. The Government of India also introduced to add more crore houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. New 2 crore beneficiaries will avail the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The financial minister of India launched a bunch of schemes for the female citizens of the country. To boost tourism in India the the budget also provides long-term loans to the state authorities for the development of the state.
Key Features of Budget 2024 Highlights
|Budget 2024 Highlights
|Ministry of Finance
|Budget for fiscal 2024-25
|Citizens of India
Objective of Budget 2024
The main objective of Budget 2024 is to lay down the economic plans for the financial year 2024-25. The annual budget helps the government to use financial assets carefully and effectively. The union budget helps to ensure to use of resources effectively and solve various problems like unemployment, poverty, etc. The Ministry of Finance of India just launched the union budget for the financial year 2024-25. The main highlight of the union budget 2024-25 is the government introduced no changes in the tax slabs. The Government of India also announced many services and schemes for women in the country.
Budget 2024 Highlights Sector Wise
- The revised fiscal deficit is at 5.8% of the GDP for 2023-24 (FY24). The fiscal deficit in Fiscal year 2025 is expected to be 5.1% of GDP. The target is to reduce the fiscal deficit to below 4.5% of the GDP in 2025-26 (FY26).
- The union budget 2024 introduced no changes in the income tax slabs.
- The finance minister introduced no changes in direct or indirect taxes including import taxes.
- To improve tourism the union budget also provides interest-free loans to the state authorities.
- To increase air connectivity the government launched 517 new routes to be launched under the Udan Scheme.
- Housing Scheme for Middle Class
- To improve operations of passenger trains the Finance Minister announced three major economic railway corridor programs — energy, mineral, and cement corridors, port connectivity corridors, and high traffic density corridors.
- The budget also introduced more than 2 crore housing under the PM Awas Yojana.
- The government will provide 300 units of electricity for free to more than 1 crore households in India.
Date and Time of Budget 2024
- The budget 2024 will be announced on February 1 at 11 am.
Benefits of Budget 2024
- The union budget for 2024 will lay a base for all the economic expenses in the fiscal year 2024-25.
- To help the financially unstable citizens the union budget introduced more than 2 crore households under the PM Awas Yojana.
- The government also improve tourism in the states by providing interest-free loans to the state authorities.
- The citizens of India will also get 300 units of electricity for free.
- The finance minister of India also released many schemes for the female citizens of the country.
Also Check: pmjay.gov.in Login
How to Download Budget 2024 Pdf
- To download the budget 2024 PDF you can go to the Indian Budget website.
- On the home page click on the option Budget at a Glance (Full).
- The PDF file will open on your screen.
- Download the PDF file.
- The budget 2024 PDF file will be downloaded on your desktop.
Budget 2024 Highlights Faqs
The budget 2024 will be announced on February 1 at 11 am.
The budget 2024 introduces 2 crore more houses under the PM Awas Yojana.
The finance minister of India Mrs Nirmala Sitaraman introduced the Budget 2024.
300 units of electricity will be given in the Budget 2024.