There are various pension systems that assist people in difficult circumstances. The West Bengal government introduced the ‘Joy Bangla Pension scheme’ on April 1st, 2020, to assist all impoverished people in the state. It is known as the ‘Joy Bangla Pension Scheme 2023‘ and is divided into two sections. These two levels of the plan support the back end with the purpose of providing aid to socially deprived communities such as Scheduled tribes and Scheduled cast. Its primary goal is to offer security to the impoverished and to uplift a socially backward community. All financially disadvantaged and needy citizens of the state would benefit from the pension provision under this system. This page describes the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme in depth, including its aim, benefits, eligibility, necessary papers, application procedure, and so forth.
About Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
On April 1, 2021, the West Bengal government introduced the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme, the benefits of which individuals can get by enrolling online. The West Bengal government has separated this pension programme into two types: “Taposthali Bandhu Pension Yojana” for SC and “WB Jai Johar Pension Scheme” for SC and ST communities. There are many such persons in the state who are socially/economically disadvantaged and unable to care for themselves. The government established the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme to assist such persons. This initiative will help people from many castes and social groups.A monthly financial help of Rs 1,000 would be granted to the beneficiary under the plan, which will be immediately transferred into the beneficiary’s bank account.
Also Check: Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana
Key Highlights of Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
|Launched By||Government of West Bengal|
|Name of Scheme||Joy Bangla Pension Scheme 2023|
|Objective||To provide pension|
|Beneficiaries||Must be permanent resident of West Bengal|
|Catogery||West Bengal Government Scheme|
|Official Website||Joy Pension Scheme|
Objective of Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
The Government of West Bengal has launched the Jai Bangla Pension Scheme in order to aid the state’s economically disadvantaged inhabitants. Financial assistance of Rs 1000 would supply to recipients on a monthly basis in their bank accounts. If a recipient wishes to receive the Jai Bangla Pension, he must complete an online application form. With the support of this system, qualified people will no longer need to depend on anyone else, and citizens will also become self-dependent. Many elderly people are left helpless as they age, or they are not properly care for. The government has launched the West Bengal Jai Bangla Pension plan to assist citizens in living their life comfortably with the support money
Benefits and Features of Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee has launched the Jai Bangla Pension Scheme, which would provide financial support to the underprivileged.
- This pension scheme’s main characteristic is that it gives financial stability to the aged, crippled, and all other deserving widows.
- Under the initiative, a monthly financial aid of Rs 1,000 would offer to the qualifying candidate.
- The amount of the pensiona will transfer directly to the beneficiary through bank account under this pension system. This will increase transparency in the scheme’s implementation.
- The state administration has not yet determined a budget for the scheme’s execution. The Finance Department, according to the Chief Minister, will make the required budgetary arrangements.
- Following the effective implementation of this pension system, around twenty lakh eligible West Bengal residents would be able to receive monthly financial support.
- Topsail Bandhu Pension Yojana beneficiaries would receive Rs 600, and Jai Jauhar Scheme beneficiaries will receive Rs 1000.
- In the case of the beneficiary’s death, the authorities will perform the appropriate steps and determine the pension amount.
- After the applicant’s death, the nominee will nominate as the new beneficiary and will receive the pension amount.
- There are many such folks in West Bengal who make their own upkeep tough owing to budgetary constraints; they would be able to profit from this plan.
- Citizens will become self-sufficient if the programme is successfully implements; they will no longer need to rely on anybody else.
Things to Keep in Mind When Filling Out the Application Form
When filling out the application form for the plan, bear the following points in mind:
- To apply, fill out the application form entirely in block letters. Remember to include the (*) symbol in the obligatory column on the form.
- Only self-attest copies of documents should be includes with the application.
- A passport-size picture must attach.
Incentives Under the Scheme
The following is a list of incentives available to West Bengal residents:
- Taposali Bandhu Pension Yojana would offer an amount of Rs 600 to every beneficiary.
- The Jai Jauhar initiative would offer one thousand rupees to each beneficiary.
In the Event of Death
The officials must follow the following procedures regarding the timing of the pension of the recipient of this pension scheme:
- When the pension beneficiary dies, this information will be properly verified. Following that, the department will take the necessary actions to terminate the pension.
- The amount payable will be paid to the nominee following the death of the pensioner. As specified on the application form.
Date to Remember
The West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme was establish by the government to assist needy people. The pension programme under this scheme will begin on April 1, 2020.
- Applicant’s Aadhar card
- Voter ID Card
- Residential certificate
- Income Certificate (Self Declaration)
- Bank passbook
- Passport size photo
- Caste certificate
- Digital Certificate from Appropriate Authority
- Digital ration card
- This plan is only available to permanent residents of West Bengal state.
- Belonging to the BPL group is require under this plan.
- Applicants from Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe communities are eligible for this pension system.
- Citizens over the age of 60 will be ineligible for benefits under the scheme.
- To be eligible for the plan, the applicant must not register in any other West Bengal pension system.
Also Check: West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme
Application Procedure for Joy Bangla Pension Scheme 2023
Citizens of the state who wish to participate in this plan should complete the steps outlined below:
- First and foremost, you must visit the official website of Jai Bangla Pension. The website’s homepage will then appear in front of you.
- On the website’s homepage, choose “West Bengal Bangla Pension Scheme Registration.” Following that, the “Application Form” will be shown in front of you.
- You may also obtain this application form from your local government office, or you can download it on your device by following the link provided in this article.
- You must now print this application form and carefully fill out all of the requested information, such as
- Name of the Beneficiary
- The birthdate
- Name of the father
- Mother’s maiden name
- Along with inputting the information, you must attach all of the papers needed and send it to the offices indicated below in your region.
- Citizens in rural regions should submit their applications to the Block Development Officer.
- Applicants from towns/notified regions outside of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation should submit their applications to the Sub-Divisional Officer.
- Eligible applicants who live in the Kolkata Municipal Corporation area should submit their applications to the Commissioner of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Procedure for Choosing Joy Bangla Pension Beneficiaries
Following a successful application, the following officials will finish the selection process:
- The application forms will first be validated by BDO/SDO or KMC commissioners. He will guarantee that the candidates are eligible for the plan.
- Physically filed application forms will be digitally posted on the state site by BDO/SDO Commissionerates of KMC.
- The names of qualified individuals will now be digitally recommended to the District Magistrate via the BDO and SDO State Portal. The District Magistrate will then transmit it to the Nodal Department.
- Then the Commissioner, KMC will suggest the names of the qualified people immediately to the Nodal Department through the State Portal. The pension will now be approved by the nodal department.
- After the plan is completed successfully, the pension payment will be transferred immediately into the beneficiary’s bank account via the WBIFMS site.
- The state site will be connected with WBIFMS to ensure a smooth flow of pension payments.
- The pension amount will be paid to the recipient on the first of each month under the arrangement.
If you need to know more about this scheme, then must visit their Official Website to where you get all the answers of your questions.