The west bengal government has started a pension scheme for widows of West Bengal where they will be given a monthly pension by the state government. The widow social welfare pension programme is referred to as “Bidhoba Bhata,” or the pension programme. No of their caste, all widows in the state are eligible for this pension programme. The West Bengal government’s Department of Women, Child Development, and Social Welfare administers the West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme 2023 as a component of the Social Welfare Pension. You can print off a soft copy of the application form as well. You won’t have to go to the relevant office to pick it up, thus it will be more convenient for you. In this post we will provide you all the information related to widows of West Bengal such as It’s objective, benefits, eligibility criteria and much more.
about West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme 2023
The Chief Minister Relief Fund provides the pension for the West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme, which was implemented in 2010. Regardless of caste, all widows in West Bengal are eligible to apply. Their monthly pension under West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme would be Rs. 750. The West Bengal government’s plan benefits a lot of widows. If Applicants can obtain the form from the office of the Block Development Officer (BDO) or the Executive Officer of the Panchayat Samiti concerned if they live in a rural region maintained by a Panchayat Samiti. You will learn more about the WB Widow Pension plan in this post, including how to apply and the requirements for qualifying.
Key Highlights of West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme
|Launched By||West Bengal Government|
|Name of Scheme||West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme 2023|
|Objective||To provide pension support|
|Benefits||Financial support per month|
|Eligibility Criteria||Widow of West Bengal|
Objective of West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme
The state of West Bengal offers financial assistance to its residents who are widows and reside there. As a component of the social welfare pension system, it will provide as a monthly pension. The Chief Minister Relief Fund sponsors this programme, which was first presented in 2010. The West Bengal government’s plan benefits a lot of widows. Their monthly pension under this programme would be Rs. 750.
Benefits of West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme
The Department of Women, Child Development, and Social Welfare of the State of West Bengal would provide the beneficiaries with a monthly stipend of Rs. 1000.
Also Read: Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
Anyone interested in applying for this programme must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to receive the pension under it:
- Nobody in her relation is providing for her needs.
- Her household’s monthly income shouldn’t be more than Rs. 1,000.
- The applicant must have lived in West Bengal for more than ten years.
- No more government programmes should assist the person.
- However, if the residence requirement outlined in section 2’s subclause (1) paragraph (d) creates undue hardship, the State Government has the authority to reduce it.
- Note 1: Mendicants and professional beggars are not eligible for pension benefits under this programme. However, if otherwise qualified, people who are not beggars by trade but occasionally get aid from someone are entitled to pension.
- Note 2.- The applicant will not be eligible for a widow pension if they are already receiving a “Disability Pension,” “Old Age Pension,” “Farmers Pension,” or pension under a “Family Pension Scheme” from the State Government, the Federal Government, or another organisation.
- The State Government’s Department of Women’s and Children’s Development and Social Welfare shall, periodically in conjunction with the Finance Department, decide the amount of the monthly Widow Pension.
The required documents are below:
- A copy of the applicant’s domicile certificate attesting to her status as a state of West Bengal permanent resident.
- Income certificate confirming that the applicant’s family’s monthly income does not exceed Rs. 1000.
- Ration card for people who fall below the poverty line.
- Additionally required is the departed husband’s death certificate.
- A copy of the applicant’s Aadhar card (self-attested).
- A copy of the voter identification card.
- Copy of the widow’s bank passbook submitted with the nomination form.
Download Form for West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme 2023
- The Block Development Officer (BDO) or the Executive Officer of the Panchayat Samiti in question can provide the application form to applicants who live in a rural region that the Panchayat Samiti maintains.
- The form must be picked up at the Sub-Divisional Officer’s office if the applicant lives in a neighbourhood that is not under the purview of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- The form can be received from the office of the Controller of Vagrancy in West Bengal if you live in a neighbourhood that is part of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- You can print off a soft copy of the application form as well. You won’t have to go to the relevant office to pick it up, thus it will be more convenient for you.
- Applicants first need to visit the official website of Widow pension scheme.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, where you have to click on the Download tab, then click on Forms option.
- After that the form will be downloaded on your device.
How can I check the status Of Bidhoba Bhata Application form
The steps to verify the WB Widow Pension application’s status online are as follows:
- Applicants first need to visit the West Bengal Social Welfare Pension’s official website
- The homepage will appear on your screen, where you need to Click on the “Track Application” tab once you have reached it by scrolling down.
- You will be prompted to provide your application id on a subsequent page. After entering the ID, press “Submit.”
- After that, you will be shown your application’s status.
- Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare
- Bikash Bhawan, North Block, 10th floor
- DF Block, Sector-1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091