To operate a vehicle on the road, a Learning Licence is a mandatory government document issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India. Indian nationals must have a current driver’s licence in order to operate a vehicle on a public road, in accordance with the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. This act also establishes whether an individual is qualified to operate a two- or four-wheeled vehicle. To obtain this licence, interested persons must first complete a Learning Licence and learn all the prerequisites and driving regulations. In this post, we will provide you with all the information you require on the Learning Licence Apply Online 2023, including its purpose, advantages, features, eligibility requirements, application procedure and much more.
About Learning Licence Apply Online 2023
To operate a car on Indian public highways, one must possess a current driver’s licence. This current driver’s licence can be thought of as a kind of official government document that contains information regarding whether or not a citizen is qualified to operate a motor vehicle. Citizens who are learning to drive must obtain a learner’s permit, often known as a Learning Licence Apply Online. Driving a car without a valid licence or learner’s permit is against the law, and the drivers are subject to fines. To receive a learning licence, candidates must submit an application to their local Regional Transport Authority or Office (RTA or RTO). A valid licence is sent to the applicant’s permanent address after they pass the driving test.
Also Check: Sarathi Parivahan Application Status
Objective of Licence
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, launched a service called Learning Licence with the primary goal of offering learner licences to interested citizens. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of each state in the nation offers this licence to its residents. Through a learner’s permit, interested individuals can practise driving a car under the supervision of a trained driver in a set amount of time. Additionally, with the aid of this permit, the benefited individuals can obtain experience driving in controlled environments, lowering danger while also giving new drivers a wonderful chance to develop their skills.
Key Highlights of Learning Licence
|Launched By||Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India|
|Name of Post||Learning Licence Apply Online 2023|
|Objective||Giving new drivers a learner’s permit|
|Benefits||Ability to submit an application for a learning licence online or offline|
|Category||Central Government Schemes|
|Beneficiaries||Learner Drivers across the Nation|
Benefits and Features of Learning Licence Apply Online
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, has started issuing learning licences as a sort of legal document.
- The state’s Ministry of Road Transport and Highways is where interested citizens of the nation can apply to obtain this document.
- The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 mandates that nation residents must have a current driver’s licence or learner’s permit in order to operate a vehicle on a public road.
- The act of operating a vehicle on a public road without a valid licence is illegal and punishable by a fine.
- The prospective citizen must receive a learner’s permit for the particular car they wish to learn to drive in order to do so.
- It will be necessary for candidates to apply for a learning licence first before being grants a legitimate driving licence.
- This learning permit will only be good for a specific amount of time, during which time drivers must develop their driving abilities.
- Within the allotted time, applicants can submit an application for a valid licence after honing their driving techniques under the guidance of a trainee driver.
Types of Learning Licence in Indian
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways issues learners permits to applicants based on the class of vehicle they wish to learn to drive. In India, there are two types of learning licences: personal use and professional use.
Various learner licences offered for personal use include
- Light motor vehicles used for non-transportation reasons require the LMV-NT licence.
- The MC 50CC licence gives to applicants for motor vehicles with engines of 50 cc or less.
- Regardless of their engine size, motor vehicles without gears, such as mopeds or scooters, are eligible for the FVG licence.
- Licence M/CYCL WG, often known as MCWG, is given for both gear and non-gear motor vehicles.
- A licence for Light Motor Vehicles (LMV) with a capacity of 50cc or more, including motorcycles, gear bikes, and vehicles, is known as an MC EX50CC licence.
Various Learner Licences Offered under Commercial Use Include
- LMV-NT permit: This licence is only valid for light motor vehicles that are uses only for business purposes and not for personal transportation.
- MGV licence: This type of licence is available for medium-duty trucks.
- HGMV licence: The term “heavy class” refers to vehicles that employ commodities for transportation services.
- Licences for heavy passenger vehicles, such as buses, gives out under this category.
- LMV-TR licence: A permit given to a light motor vehicle intended for use in transportation or commerce.
The following requirements must be met by persons in order to be eligible to apply for a learning licence:-
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old in order to get a learning licence for geared motorcycles.
- For motorbikes with engines up to 50 cc without gears, the minimum age for applicants to receive a licence sets at 16 years old.
- A learner’s permit application can only be made with the approval of the applicant’s family.
- The beneficiary candidate will require to be familiar with all relevant laws pertaining to road transportation.
- Only vehicles without gears and with engines no larger than 50 cc will be permitted for applicants to drive as apprentices.
- The applicant’s age must be at least 18 years old in order to receive a permit for commercial heavy transport trucks, while in some areas this age restriction is set at least 20 years.
- Additionally, the bearer of a learner’s permit must always have an adult passenger in the car with them when they are driving.
Candidates who are interests must submit an application for a learning licence and pay the applicable fees. Additionally, it will be necessary for applicants to present the following paperwork when applying:-
Certificates Concerning Identity
- Passport (Please confirm that the passport has not expired)
- Election Card
- Aadhar Card
Documents as Age Proof
- Certificates of Birth (D.O.B)
- School transcripts that have printed DOBs (Marks Sheet of Class 10th)
- Permanent Account Number
- Voting Card
- Aadhar Card
Proof of Identification for Your Address
- Energy invoices
- Permanent Account Number
- Ration Card,
- Aadhar Card
- LIC Bond
- Election Card
- Rental Agreements/Property Papers
- if required, a medical certificate
- Declaration of personal medical fitness
- Passport size Photo (6)
- If you live in another city, you can provide a copy of a recent utility bill, such as an energy or gas bill, together with the rental agreement to prove your current address.
Also Read: Fame India Scheme
How to Apply for a Learning Licence Online
To apply for a learner’s licence online, it has advised using the transport portal’s official website.
- You must first go to the transit portal’s Learning Licence website. The portal’s home page will then appear in front of you.
- You must select the Driving Licence or Learner Licence option from the area of the relevant service on the website’s home page. The following page will then appear in front of you.
- You must choose your state here; you can do so by clicking the drop-down menu. A fresh page will then appear in front of you after that.
- You will now find numerous options relating to driving licences as well as the chance to apply for a learner’s permit. You must now select the Apply for Learner Licence option.
- After that, a flowchart of the entire form-filling procedure will appear in front of you, and you must select the choice to continue to view the next page.
- You must choose your group here before selecting the state’s RTO office that is the closest to your city. You now need to select the “submit” option.
- The e-KYC authentication page will now open in front of you. You will next prompt for your Aadhar card number.
- If you prefer to submit using Aadhaar authentication, you must first input your Aadhar number and then your OTP. You must now select the option to authenticate by selecting the checkbox.
- In addition, if you select any other option, you will need to submit your information without performing Aadhaar authentication. After that, you must enter your mobile number and select the OTP option. You must enter the OTP that will now arrive on your telephone number and select the meaning and ticket selection.
- You will now be led to the application form page, where you must input the requested information, including your name, gender, age, and other details.
- After submitting the application, you will see an acknowledgement in front of you with the application number; you must print it out and keep it with you. To do this, click the Get Acknowledgement option.
- You’ll see a brand-new page appear in front of you.
- You must upload the necessary papers; you can do this by choosing the radio choice, moving on to the next step, and then selecting the OK option to proceed.
- The new page will now appear when you have chosen the address proof, uploaded it, and clicked the confirm option.
- The age certificate must be chosen from the list of papers, uploaded, and then confirmed in order to continue.
- After selecting a file from the list to upload, you must then confirm your decision to move on.
- Your supplied photo and signature are now available on a page that appears. In order to upload your photo and signature, you must now select that option.
- A few requirements are stated for the photo and signature; if they are not met, the photo and signature are canceled. Following this, you will see a new message in the acknowledgment; you must now select Next.
- You can now choose a Learner Licence Slot Book. You can now select the green date by choosing the radio button next to the Calendar Type Window option.
- Here, you must verify the day and time you’ve selected and click the Confirm to Slot Book button. You will then send to the payment page.
- To continue the payment, you must select the Continue E Payment option after depositing the charge. Following that, a new pop-up window will appear in your view, from which you can complete the payment.
- Once the money has been processed, the acknowledgement window will open in front of you, along with a printed receipt that you may save in PDF format.
- You will now take a learner test, and if you pass, you will receive an SMS with your learner’s licence number within 24 hours. At that point, you can turn to the RTO office and provide the payment receipt.
- This will be delivered to the learner license applicant’s permanent address. This license will only be good for six months, however, it can be renewed at a later date.
How to Apply for a Learning Licence Offline
At their nearby RTO office, residents of all Indian states can also submit an offline application for a learning licence. To apply offline and in person, candidates must adhere to the following rules:-
- You must first go to the local RTO office in your state. Following that, you must pick up an application for a learning licence from the office.
- You must now fill out the application form by providing all the requested information, including your full name, age, gender, address, and other details.
- Then, you must include all the crucial paperwork requested with this application, including a photo, identification proof, a permanent certificate, and evidence of age.
- You must now deliver this application form and the supporting documentation to the nearby RTO office. The officer of the relevant RTO office will next finish out the remaining steps.
- Following that, the responsible RTO officer will give you a date and time for the test. Now, on the designated date and time, you must visit the same RTO office and take a written exam.
- The Learning Licence will now be mailed to your home address if you pass the written test.
Note: If you receive your instruction from a driving school that is authorised, the concerned school may be able to assist you in obtaining a learning licence.