The Maharashtra government launched the inter-caste marriage programme in an effort to stop discrimination in the state. The beneficiaries of this programme would receive an incentive payment of Rs. 50,000 for their first inter-caste union. By promoting inter-caste marriage in the state, this scheme’s primary goal is to lessen caste discrimination. Under the Maharashtra Inter Caste Marriage Scheme, all previous intercaste marriages were compensated with a sum of Rs. 50,000. The Government of Maharashtra has now decided, in accordance with the new ruling, to boost this incentive sum to Rs 3 lakh, following which the favoured couple will receive Rs 3 lakh assistance under the Maharashtra Inter-caste Marriage Act. In this post, we cover all the essential points regarding the Maharashtra Inter-caste Marriage Scheme including its benefits, objective, eligibility criteria and much more.
About Maharashtra Inter-Caste Marriage
The “Maharashtra Inter Caste Marriage Scheme” is a benefit programme that the government launched in Maharashtra to encourage inter-caste weddings in an effort to eradicate caste discrimination within the state. If a boy or girl from the general category marries a boy or girl from the scheduled caste, the government will offer incentives to the married pair. He will be entitled to benefit from inter-caste marriage in Maharashtra if the marriage is registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, or the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Under the Maharashtra Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme, which the State of Maharashtra introduced to promote marriage. The Central and State governments will be responsible for allocating the beneficiary amount. The central and state governments will each contribute 50% of this sum.
Key Highlights of Inter-Caste Marriage
|Launched By||Government of Maharashtra|
|Name of Scheme||Maharashtra Inter Caste Marriage Scheme|
|Objective||To eradicate caste discrimination|
|Benefits||The state government would grant the newlywed pair Rs. 50000.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Both spouses must be at least 18 years old.|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Maharashtra|
|Official Website||Official Website|
Objective of Maharashtra Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
There are still a lot of conservatives in our country. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are treated poorly in several areas of India today. Every day, reports of atrocities against Dalits appear in the newspapers. The Central and State Governments have launched numerous programmes in light of this. Caste discrimination must be eliminated from society in order for this programme to succeed. Intercaste marriage will be encouraged as a result of society. This is a brand-new project that aims to lessen discrimination. Other states are also employing similar policies.
Benefits of Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
- The fundamental goal of this programme is to eradicate caste prejudice from our society.
- In accordance with this programme, the state government will award the newlywed couple Rs.
- Dr Bhimrao Amberkar Foundation would also contribute Rs. 250000/- to this programme.
- Direct bank transfers of the incentive amount will be made to the recipient’s accounts.
- Anyone who marries beyond their caste will be given incentives under this programme, which has no income restrictions.
Features of the Maharashtra Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme
- This programme is a new effort that offers couples who marry outside their caste an incentive payment.
- Previously, a grant of Rs. 50000 was made under this.
- But as of right present, Rs 3 lakh is included in this.
- Boys and girls who have married boys or girls from Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes would be eligible for this program’s benefits.
- The beneficiary’s bank account receives a direct deposit of the incentive amount obtained under this.
- The beneficiary’s bank account must be connected to their Aadhar card in order for this to happen.
- The annual income cap has also eliminated by the government in an effort to strengthen the programme.
- To promote more intercaste unions.
Here, we provide some crucial guidelines that you must go by if you choose to wed an intercaste boy or girl:
- To receive the benefits of the scheme, both spouses must be long-term residents of Maharashtra state.
- Both spouses must be at least 18 years old.
- The scheduled castes must include at least one of the spouses.
- Hindu Schedule Castes and other castes of the Hindu religion are permitted to marry each other.
- On a second or subsequent marriage, there is no bonus.
- After receiving the incentive sum, married couples must enter into a court marriage.
Here we provide some crucial paperwork that must be submitted with the Maharashtra intercaste marriage application:
- Both Aadhar Cards (Husband & Wife)
- Both certificates for caste (Husband & Wife)
- Authenticated Marriage Certificate
- Couple’s Joint Photograph (Husband & Wife)
- Copy of the couple’s joint bank account statement,
- Declaration form duly signed
Application Procedure of Scheme for 2023
Applicants who are qualified for this programme and wish to apply may do so by following the instructions we have provided below.
- Applicants must first access the Inter Caste Marriage website of Maharashtra Inter Caste Marriage Portal.
- Click the “Inter-caste Marriage Scheme” link on the home page of the official website.
- You will now be forwarded to a new page.
- This page contains a registration form.
- On the registration page, you must enter your information (Spouse name, marriage details, Aadhar card number, way of marriage, etc.)
- Now, add the required documents, then press the submit button.
- After performing these steps you can easily complete the process.
- Applicants must first access the official website of the Inter Caste Marriage Portal.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, where you need to click on the Feedback option.
- The feedback page will open, where you enter your Name, Email address, and comment.
- After that click on the Submit button to complete the procedure.
If you have more queries regarding the inter-caste marriage scheme then visit the Official website, where you get all the other essential information.