A ration card is a legally recognised document that enables you to get subsidised prices on goods like food, cereals, fuel, and other necessities. The NFSA 2013 statute categorises these cards into two categories. There are two types: Priority and Non-Priority. The family which satisfies the eligibility criteria as per the Inclusion guidelines of the ration card would get Priority Household, i.e., PHH. Non-Priority Household, or NPHH, is the term used to describe a family that is not eligible for PHH. The NPHH Ration Card has been introduced by the Tamil Nadu government. The state government gives citizens the option to use a digital ration card to identify a number of government incentives. Under NFSA, the government has introduced a number of cards under this programme based on household economic standards and needs. In addition, the Tamil Nadu government is replacing the outdated ration cards with new digital smart cards.
What Is NPHH Ration Card?
The full form of the NPHH Ration card is “Non-Priority HouseHold”. The Tamil Nadu government introduced this ration card to replace the old paper ration cards with modern digital smart cards, allowing users to benefit from food subsidies and other benefits. Each of these cards gives a unique set of benefits depending on the financial category, and each card is unique. In this page, you can receive the whole procedure for applying for an NPHH ration card and the benefits of the NPHH ration card. The oldest female in the family household shall be regarded as the head of the family in accordance with the policies and regulations governing the usage of ration cards. If a home does not contain any females who are eighteen years of age or older, the eldest man should be regarded as the family’s head.
Also Check: Tamil Nadu e District
Key Highlights of NPHH Ration Card
|Launched By||TNPDS Public Distribution System Services|
|Name of Scheme||NPHH Ration Card|
|Objective||Facilitating speedy ration card issuance for users|
|Benefits||Customers are given the option to obtain their ration cards fast|
|Eligibility Criteria||Citizens of State|
|Official Website||NPHH Ration|
Eligibility Criteria for NPHH Ration Card
- Any home having a pucca roof and at least three rooms enclosed by pucca walls.
- Household income taxpayers.
- Households with at least one member earning more than Rs. 10,000 per month in a rural area and Rs. 15,000 per month in an urban area.
- Households with a regular employee who works for the state, the federal government, a public sector organisation, or a local or autonomous body with government assistance, whether they are gazet or not.
- Every month, households with residential electric connections that have loads of 2 KW or more use roughly 300 units of energy (KWH).
- Households with manufacturing and service businesses that are officially register with the government.
- Any home with two or more motorboats, a trawler, a large truck, a four-wheeler, or a motorised vehicle.
How to Apply for an Offline Card
- To begin with, you must visit the nearby PDS office. Following that, you must obtain the NPHH Ration Card application form from the local official.
- All family members’ Aadhaar cards should link using the application form. You must give the current address if the Aadhaar address is different from the one currently in use.
- The undertaking form must then fill out in order to affirm that the user does not come within the unusual category.
- You must now complete the form by adding all the requested papers, and then submit it.
- The responsible authority will examine your application and grant you a card within the allotted time.
How to Apply for an NPHH Ration Card Online
- You must first go to the NPHH Ration Card’s NPHH website. The website’s home page will then appear in front of you.
- You must select the smart card application option on the website’s homepage. The following page will then appear in front of you.
- You must fill out all the information requested here. You then need to upload all the necessary paperwork.
- You must now select the submit option to submit your online application for the NPHH Ration Card.
Also Check: Ration Card Helpline Number
- Old ration card
- Applicant Aadhaar card
- Income certification
- A legal commitment demonstrating the user is not a priority domestic user
- Certificate of caste
Benefits of NPHH Ration Card
Ration cards are in two varieties: APL and BPL. Recently, the state government separated these cards once again into priority and non-priority categories. Benefits give to the citizens based on their economic condition, and these cards are distributed based on the family’s financial situation. The NPHH Ration Card comes with the following benefits:-
- The state government offers these card users all of the everyday necessities like rice, sugar, wheat, kerosene, oil, and tur dal. The NPSH or NPHHL category provides coverage for these cardholders.
- In addition, NPHHS ration card holders are deem eligible for sugar alone. Non-priority household NPS refers to this.
- Holders of NPHH ration cards are not qualified to receive any necessities. This card shows that there is no item in the non-priority household.
- The Tamil Nadu State Government distributes these ration cards to the state’s residents via the Targeted Public Distribution System.
How Can a Ration Card Renew
To renew your ration card, follow the instructions below.
- For renewal of ration card you have to text RCREN to 9212357123 to send an SMS.
- On your registered mobile number, you will then receive a token number and a security code.
- The next step is to do the biometric procedure at one of the nearby ration card Seva Kendras.
- To locate the closest service centre, click the “service centre link” link.
- You will require to submit an Aadhaar-based biometric authentication when submitting an application for you and your family members. Biometric authentication is not required for children under the age of five, however the Aadhar card is required. After that, this application will be renewed.
The reason behind the introduction of NPHH Ration Card, is to provide the digital ration card service to the users of the state who have old ration cards. This portal will supply various services to the users. The eldest female in the family household who serves as the family’s head will be eligible to utilise the portal, according to the regulations and policies governing ration card services. This ration card will have several benefits such as:
- It can be presented as identifying documentation when requesting a PAN card.
- In order to open a bank account and move funds across bank accounts.
- To pay income tax at the appropriate rates.
- To obtain a brand-new voter ID card.
- To buy a SIM card for a phone.
NPHH Ration Card FAQs
The ration is provided for a family for each card based on the family size, and the ration card includes the names of the family members. If someone is added to a family member’s ration card, that person cannot apply for another one unless that person moves to a different city and gets their name taken off the existing family member’s ration card.
Absolutely, according to a government announcement, you must link your Aadhaar card to your ration card in order to obtain benefits. Eliminating the possession of numerous ration cards by a single household serves to avoid duplicity of any type and to ensure that eligible families do not lose out on the benefits of ration cards.
Up to 75% of the rural population and 50% of the urban population are legally entitled to receive subsidised food grains through the Targeted Public Distribution System under the National Food and Security Act (NFSA) (TPDS). Via the TPDS, the TPDS seeks to provide for and address the issue of household food security. There are programmes like cash transfers for the supply of food entitlements as part of the NFSA changes in the TPDS.