The Tamil Nadu government has introduced the Pongal token for the residents of the Tamil Nadu state. Pongal Gift Token for rupees 1000 along with other presents will be provided to the beneficiaries. The gift tokens were available in fair-price shops present in the Tamil Nadu State. The tokens are available on the official fair price shops presided in the Tamil Nadu State till 9th January 2023. The Tamil Nadu government has decided that Rs 1000 will be provided to all the ration card holders in the Tamil Nadu State due to the Pongal festival. The gift hamper and the money can be collected from the shops from 10th to 13th January however if you are unable to get it in the allotted time frame then you can get it on 14th January also.
Overview of Pongal Gift Token
Pongal Gift Tokens will be distributed to the eligible beneficiaries till 9th January 2024 so that they can collect their gifts from 10 to 13th January 2024 from the fair price shops. Inside the gifts there will be 1 kg of sugar followed by 1 kg of rice, a sugarcan and Rs 1000 will be provided to all the beneficiaries. People who are IT assessees, Central/State government employees, PSU officers, sugar cardholders, and those who possess ration cards for ID purposes alone would not be qualified. District Supply Office in Thoothukudi district has already started the issuance of the tokens to the beneficiaries.
Also Read: Madurai Jallikattu Registration
The objective of Pongal Gift Tokens
The main objective of the Pongal Gift Tokens that will be provided by the Tamil Nadu government is to help the people enjoy the festival. Pongal festival is celebrated in the Tamil Nadu state with great enthusiasm. To help the people to achieve happiness this scheme is created by the Tamil Nadu government. To provide financial help for all of the citizens, there is no complex application procedure that is to be followed to get the hamper and the financial help. Rs 1000 will be enough for the residents to create a happy environment during the Pongal festival. They can also get maximum satisfaction with Rice and sugar followed by financial assistance.
Key Highlights of Pongal Gift Token
|Pongal Gift Token
|Tamil Nadu government
|Ration card holders of Tamil Nadu state
|Providing gift baskets
Pongal Gift Item List
- 1 kg of sugar and rice
- A sugarcane
- ₹ 1000 cash ( Expected)
Benefits of Pongal Gift Token
- People will get financial benefits along with other benefits that they can use during the Pongal festival.
- The residents of the Tamil Nadu State will be getting financial assistance without any complex application procedure.
- People will get a sense of achievement when they are provided the gift hampers along with financial assistance.
- People will be able to celebrate the festivals without any need to borrow any money from relatives or friends.
- The scheme can create a sense of homely environment in the Tamil Nadu state that will be helpful in the long run.
- All the ration card holders will be eligible to get the benefit of the scheme.
- The ineligible category of cardholders are those who were IT assessees, Central/State government employees, PSU officers, and sugar cardholders.
- Those who possessed ration cards for ID purposes alone would not be qualified.
What is the Pongal Festival 2024?
Pongal is one of the most important festivals of the Tamil Nadu state. This is a harvest festival which is celebrated by the people of the Tamil Nadu state. This is celebrated on the 14th or 15th of January every year according to the Tamil solar calendar. The festival is also dedicated to Sun. There is a tradition in this festival which is to decorate rice powder-based artworks and offer prayers in every home. People also exchange gifts and hold basic social gatherings during the festival to make the bonds. Due to the importance of this festival, the Tamil Nadu government has created gift baskets to be distributed among the residents of the state.
- Ration card
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Passport size photographs
How to Get Pongal Gift Token 2024?
- People need to first go to their nearest FDS shop to collect the token which are available till 9th January 2024.
- Some shops have already started the issuance of the tokens to the beneficiaries.
- After getting the tokens, people will be eligible to receive the gift baskets from the 10th to the 13th of January.
- You need to visit the same fair-price shop and collect your gift hampers accordingly.
- The last date to collect the gift hamper is 14th January 2024.
District Wise List of Tamil Nadu
- Helpline: 1100
People who are not from Tamil Nadu will not be eligible to get the Pongal Gift Token.
There is no online procedure to apply for the Pongal Gift Token. You will have to visit your nearest fair-price shop.
There is no application procedure you just need to visit the official shop and collect your token to receive your gift.
People will be eligible to get 1 Kg rice and sugar followed by one sugarcane and 1000 rupees under the Pongal gift hamper.