In India, elections are held every five years. Every person has a responsibility throughout the election process to choose the best candidate for president by casting their ballots. A voter ID card is a kind of identification that is given to qualified voters in India so they may participate in elections. The Indian government has approved the voter ID card as legal identification. You may check the voter ID status online after applying for the card. Read our post attentively through to the conclusion for all the information you need regarding the Voter ID Status 2023. Our post has provided you with clear instructions on how to apply for a voter ID, check your voter ID’s status at the state level, and more.
What is Voter ID Status
The Election Commission of India oversees voter identification in India. Voter identification is a crucial document in today’s world that allows you to cast your ballot. Once you turn 18, you may apply online to have your voter ID created. You may vote in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha elections using your voter ID, which is also used as identification in India. All adults over the age of 18 are required to have a voter ID, which is fairly simple to apply for. By going to the ECI’s official website, you may check your Voter ID Status and the voter list and apply for a voter ID. In India, voter identification was first established in 1993, and it is now required for travel, proving an individual’s age and residence.
Key Highlights of Voter ID Status
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Name of Scheme||Voter ID Status 2022|
|Objective||To make it easy for voter ID card holders to check voter id status from their own home|
|Benefits||Save time and Money|
|Eligibility Criteria||Applicant age must be above 18 years|
Objective of Voter ID Status
The main goal of Voter ID Status 2023 is to provide home access to all services linked to voter ID cards. There is no longer a requirement for citizens to verify their voter id status or register to vote in person at any government office. On the official website, they may request voter identification cards. This will improve system transparency and save a substantial amount of time and money.
Also Read: Link Aadhaar Card With Voter ID
Benefits of Voter ID Status
The government today depends on the internet for its governmental or non-governmental operations in this digital age when everyone is familiar with the internet and its advantages. Everything is done online; with this service, you may sit at home and monitor the status and information of your voter ID card. One of the biggest advantages is that you don’t need to run to the government office to find out how your voter ID card is doing. On your own, you can accomplish it. It will foster open communication between you and the relevant authority. By accessing the official website and entering a few data, one may check the status of their voter identification. This entire process will just take a few minutes.
Also Read: Digital Voter ID Card
- The applicant must be a permanent Indian resident.
- The age of applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants should apply for voter id card registration, after which they can check their Voter ID Status.
- Aadhar card
- Age proof certificate
- Bank passbook
- Income certificate
- Rental agreement
- PAN card
- Indian passport
- 5th, 8th, 10th class mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- Driving license
- Water bill
- Electricity bill
- Gas connection bill
- Ration card.
Application Procedure for Voter ID Status Online
Citizens of the nation must follow the procedures listed below to apply for an online voter id card:
- To begin, click to the official website of the National Voter Service Portal.
- In front of you will display the Home page.
- Then choose the login/register option.
- You’ll be brought to a new page where you’ll have to choose a decision. You don’t have a user account yet? Create an account as a new user.
- Now you’ll see a registration form in front of you, where you’ll need to enter in all of the required information, including your phone number, email address, and password.
- You must then click the Register button.
- You will now see a login form appear in front of you.
- You must enter all required information, including your username, password, and captcha code, in this login form.
- You’ll then be sent to a new page where you must choose Fresh Inclusion and Enrollment.
- You’ll be led to a new page where you’ll have to choose your citizenship status and state.
- The next step is to click the next button.
- You will get an application form to fill out.
- You must fill in all required information in this application form, including your address, personal information, extra information, date of birth-related information, statements, and so on.
- Then, and only then, must you click the submit button?
- This approach will allow you to apply for a voter ID card.
Check the Status of Your Voter ID Application
- Visit the official website of the National Voter Service Portal.
- The Home page will display in front of you.
- On the homepage, you must select Track Application Status.
- You’ll be sent to a new page where you’ll be asked to enter your reference ID.
- Following that, you must choose Track Status.
- Your application’s status will be shown on your computer screen.
Voter ID Status Correction
- Go to the national voter service website. The official website of National Voter Portal, which offers a variety of services relating to voter identification.
- Put in the reference number you were given when submitting Form 8. Make sure the reference number is proper and doesn’t contain any missing or misplaced letters or numbers.
- To view the outcomes, select “Track Status” – You will be able to check different sorts of status results depending on how your application is doing.
- You can bookmark the website to return to it later if the application is not completed and is in a pending status.
- Call 1950 from a BSNL or MTNL phone to check the status of your voter identification.
Application Number for Voter ID Card
If you have requested a voter ID card, you must monitor it in order to know its status. There are numerous techniques to track the voter identification card. The Election Commission of India issues you an application number when you register for your voter ID offline or online (ECI). For online voter ID application tracking, the application number is very essential. It often has 11 digits or such.
Enrolment Application Status Online?
- Customers must go to the website of the relevant state’s Chief Electoral Officer to monitor the progress of their enrolment application (CEO).
- Select the “Know Application Status for Enrolment” link.
- The submission of all necessary information is mandatory.
- Please visit https://eci.gov.in for details on eligibility requirements and any other information pertaining to electoral forms.
- Please email any additional technical comments or difficulties with the portal to ECI Technical Support Toll-free Number:1800111950.