The Crop Insurance Scheme Tamil Nadu was launched by the government of India for the welfare and benefit of farmers in the agriculture and horticulture sector. The crops of Farmers are protected by crop insurance schemes which Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced on February 18, 2016. while launching this scheme 2 schemes were merged. The National Agricultural Insurance Scheme and the Modified National Agricultural Insurance Scheme were two schemes that were replaced under the Crop Insurance Scheme Tamil Nadu. This scheme helps to ease the financial problems of the farmers. Helps them with the damage caused by any storm or calamity. Farmers really benefit from this scheme as it helps them with the harvest.
Overview of Crop Insurance Scheme Tamil Nadu
It is a great step taken by the state government of Tamil Nadu for the farmers of their state. Recently in a press conference the CM of Tamil Nadu announced that farmers in the state witnessed losses caused by the absence of rainfall. During the Northeast Monsoon during the samba cultivation season in 2022–2023 would receive crop insurance payment of Rs 560 crore. The Crop Insurance Scheme has already benefitted the farmers of Tamil Nadu a lot, but this extra compensation will increase their harvest. All the damage caused to cyclones, storms, and other calamities will be compensated.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
Objective of Crop Insurance Scheme Tamil Nadu
The main and most important objective of the Crop Insurance Scheme Tamil Nadu is to provide a sense of security for the farmers. For farmers, crop insurance schemes are essential because they provide insurance coverage for their crops and harvests. Crops are very important for farmers because it is their livelihood and bread for their living. To protect them from agricultural damage and crop loss, the government has launched this crop insurance system. The crop insurance scheme tries to minimize the financial losses that happen to the farmers due to crop loss and damage done by a variety of risks, including extreme weather, natural catastrophes, and calamities or lost profit that result in the increase of the agricultural supplies.
Key Highlights of Crop Insurance Scheme Tamil Nadu
|Name of the scheme||Crop insurance scheme Tamil Nadu|
|Launched by||The government of Tamil Nadu|
|Objective||To help the farmers with the damage of crops cause by storms|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of Tamil Nadu|
|Application mode||Both offline and online|
Also Read: Rythu Bandhu Status
List of Crops under the scheme
- Food crops
- Rice crops
- millets, grains, and pulses crops
- Crops are grown annually for commerce or horticulture.
- Additionally, farmers can receive coverage for perennial horticulture and commercial crops for which a common methodology for yield estimation is provided.
Required Documents to check Payment Status Online
- Aadhar number
- Username or user ID
- An internet connection
- Mobile device
Also Read: Tamil Nadu Grains Portal
Benefits of Crop Insurance Tamil Nadu
- As the insurance offers financial support in the event of a crop failure event, it will aid in the development of crop production.
- It encourages farmers to use more advanced technology or modern farming techniques.
- It supports farmers in keeping the flow of loans for agriculture going.
- It simplifies the process of estimating losses and aids in creating a reliable statistical foundation for agricultural production.
- The premium that a farmer must pay in order to buy a crop insurance policy is exempt from taxation.
- When farmers use a crop insurance program, they can obtain a crop loan at a reasonable interest rate.
- Since farmers may return their loans with reimbursement they receive under the crop insurance policy, the economy of the nation will grow.
How to check the Crop Insurance Tamil Nadu status scheme online
Follow the instructions below to check the status of your Crop Insurance Tamil Nadu:
- If you wish to verify the status of the Crop Insurance Scheme, you must first visit its official Crop Insurance Tamil Nadu website, from where you can access its main page.
- Following that, you will notice a variety of alternatives on its home page, from which you must choose Application Status.
- The next page will now open in front of you, requiring the receipt number and captcha code.
- Next, choose the button marked “Check Status” from the list below.
- The status of the crop insurance program will now be displayed to you.
- Your name will be displayed in this opening.
How to check the crop insurance Status Scheme offline
As you know, you can check the status of this scheme online. However, the government has also provided an option for the beneficiaries to check the status of this scheme offline. You can check the status by visiting the nearest government center for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima yojana. The centers have been allocated by the government for the people who want to physically check the status of their applications. Take your required documents such as your Aadhar card and crucial documents. A whole team has been designated for the whole process for the grievances and queries related to the crop insurance Tamil Nadu scheme. The address is given on the website.
Visit the official site for grievances
Crop Insurance Scheme Tamil Nadu is the government’s flagship agriculture insurance scheme in India, aligned with the One Nation-One Scheme ethos. The scheme covers all farmers, including sharecroppers and tenant farmers.
All farmers, including sharecroppers and tenant farmers, are eligible for the Crop Insurance Scheme The scheme aims to provide financial support to farmers in case of crop loss due to natural calamities, pests, or diseases.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the crop insurance scheme on February 18, 2016, with an aim to provide financial support to farmers in case of crop loss or damage due to natural calamities or other specified risks and to promote crop insurance across the country
The crop insurance scheme was launched with the aim of providing financial support to the farmers when the notified crops suffer due to natural calamities, diseases, pets, etc. This scheme stabilizes the income of farmers.