Our federal and state governments develop and carry out a wide variety of student-related programmes. These are carried out with the students’ interests in mind. Some of the programmes aim to give students financial aid, while others want to help them gain new knowledge and experience. West Bengal State Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee delivered a statement on January 31, 2022, on the Internship Scheme. The administration of Mamta Banerjee has devised a fresh strategy to hire recent graduates as interns in various government departments. The state’s youth benefit greatly from this initiative. Students who are interested in learning more specifics regarding the West Bengal Student Internship Scheme 2023 should carefully read this article. You will receive all information about the WB Student Internship Scheme that has been made public to date, including eligibility requirements, rewards, the application process, and more.
West Bengal Student Internship Scheme 2023
There is good news for WB State students: the online application process for the West Bengal Student Internship Scheme will shortly begin. Under this programme, the government will annually hire 6,000 students to work as interns in various government agencies. The students participating in this programme will get a monthly stipend as well as work experience. Anyone who meets the qualifying requirements listed below is eligible to apply. However, the authorities have not yet released the application forms; they will do so shortly. Only state students are eligible to take advantage of the benefits of this programme. As you might have guessed from the name, this programme will offer students internship chances. To make their lives easier and their access to food easier, efforts will be made to post these chosen students in their communities.
Key Highlights of Internship Scheme
|Launched By||West Bengal Government|
|Name of Scheme||West Bengal Student Internship Scheme 2023|
|Objective||To give students financial aid|
|Benefits||Internship for education|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must be a resident of West Bengal|
|Official Website||Available soon|
Objective of West Bengal Student Internship Scheme
The Student internship program’s goal, according to the West Bengal government, is to:
- Give pupils the chance to work in a government agency
- Establish work opportunities for graduates.
- Skill level of the state’s workforce
- Give kids experience working in a genuine workplace.
Benefits and Features of West Bengal Student Internship Scheme
The Student Internship Scheme offers the following qualities and advantages, among others:
- 6000 state students would receive internships each year as part of the programme.
- In any field, the applicants must have at least earned their diploma. Students who have finished a polytechnic programme, an ITI programme, or an equivalent course may also apply.
- Up until the end of the internship, the recipients will get an amount of Rs. 5,000 per month. This would significantly aid them in managing their funds.
- The relevant internship has a one-year term after which it will be evaluated.
- Successful interns would be offered the opportunity to continue their work.
- The benefited interns would also get the chance to participate in other government initiatives. Additionally, they would have the opportunity to work on numerous governmental projects. They will gain more experience, have their perspectives broadened, and learn how to conduct social work as a result.
- The district’s different blocks and subdivisions would be where the chosen interns would be posted.
- The applicant must reside in West Bengal permanently.
- The applicant’s age should not be greater than 40 years.
- Candidates must possess a diploma from an accredited university or institution with a minimum grade point average of 60%.
- Candidates with diplomas or ITI certificates will also take into consideration.
The West Bengal government has been planning to hire 6000 students each year as interns under this programme. According to the information provided by the relevant authorities, the chosen students will be assigned to zillas and parishads, among other state government offices, and there is a possibility that they may be posted close to where they currently reside. This will lower their living and food expenses while assisting them in arriving at the destination on schedule.
- Passport size image
- Scanned signature
- Age proof
- Other necessary documents
- Aadhar card
- Resident proof
- Qualification all documents
Registration for West Bengal Student Internship Scheme 2023
The government has not yet made the online application forms available because the programme was only recently introduced. The government quickly opened a gateway for online applications. Once the portal has been made available, we will update the comprehensive instructions related to the application. The following list contains a few standard procedures that you must adhere to.
- Visit the West Bengal Student Internship Scheme official webpage.
- Select the Apply link on the portal’s home page.
- The computer screen will display the application form.
- Fill out the application form completely, including the fields for name, birthdate, gender, education, and contact information.
- As necessary, upload the documents in the format specified.
- Review the application form thoroughly before submitting it by clicking the submit button.
- Don’t forget to print off the application for your records.