Farmers experience agricultural losses every year as a result of natural disasters. The government introduces a number of insurance programmes to address this issue. We will inform you about the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme in this article today. For farmers in the state of AP, the AP State Government has introduced the YSR Crop Insurance Scheme. In accordance with this plan, crop insurance will cover farmers in the event that all the notified crops are lost due to natural disasters. This crop insurance is cost-free. In the past, farmers had to pay a significant premium in order to benefit from the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2023. You may learn all the crucial details about the programme by reading this page, such as what the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme is. its goals, advantages, traits, requirements, needed paperwork, the application process, etc.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2023
The YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme was introduced by the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh. Under its crop insurance programme, the state of Andhra Pradesh will offer crop insurance. The AP YSR free crop insurance programme will provide benefits to almost 9.48 lakh farmers in the state. Before, farmers had to pay a significant premium in order to make use of the YSR Crop Insurance Scheme. To sign up for this programme, farmers are just required to pay Rs. 1 in this programme. The government would reimburse the claim amount to farmers that had crop loss in Kharif 2020. Check your crop insurance status for free on the official AP YSR website. YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, will deposit this sum right into the recipients’ bank accounts. 15 lakh farmers will profit from this claim, which will be for Rs 1820.23 crore.
Key Highlights of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
|Launched By||YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Name of Scheme||YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2023|
|Objective||To give crop insurance coverage|
|Eligibility Criteria||Permanent resident of AP|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of Andhra Pradesh|
|Official Website||Official Website|
Objective of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
The Scheme’s primary goal is to offer all of the state’s farmers crop insurance coverage. All natural disasters, including cyclones, torrential rains, and droughts, will cover by this plan. The government will offer financial support for the crops that were destroy as a result of these natural disasters. The farmers participating in this programme are not requires to pay any premium money. They will be shield from the cost by doing this. The Scheme’s implementation will also increase system transparency.
Benefits and Features of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
- The Andhra Pradesh government will offer crop insurance to farmers through YSR Crop Insurance.
- The launch date for this programme is December 15, 2020.
- This plan will cover crop loss brought on by natural disasters.
- 22 or so notify crops are cover by the Scheme.
- This programme is free to use.
- The farmers can benefit from this programme without having to pay a premium.
- The scheme has a one rupee enrollment fee.
- The government will pay the claim amount under the YSR Free Crop Insurance by directly crediting the money to the farmer’s bank.
- Under the Program, the government will pay Rs. 1252 crore.
- Around 9.48 lakh farmers will profit from this programme.
- Nearly 49.80 lakh farmers have signed up for this programme.
- The implementation of the Scheme will assist by approximately 10641 Rythu Bharosa Kendras.
- The amount of every claim for crops lost in 2020 will payout in May 2021.
- This programme will encompass over 56 lakh hectares of land.
The government would deposit Rs. 885.45 billion into farmers’ accounts
YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, would distribute Rs. 885.45 crores to 404461 farmers as part of the YSR crop insurance programme for the crop loss in the Anantapur and Sri Sathya Sai area. During the chief minister’s visit to Chennekothapalli on June 14, 2022, this sum was disburse. This compensation is being provided through the state government’s crop insurance programme and the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana. The government had declared that 3.35 lakh farmers in the Anandpur district would get payments totalling Rs. 467.81 crores under this programme on June 13, 2022. This sum has been doubled. According to the updated list, 232580 farmers in the Anantapur district will receive 629.77 crores, while 171881 farmers in the Sri Sathya Sai district will receive Rs. 255.78 crores. At Rythu Bharosa Kendras, recipients can verify their names are lists as beneficiaries.
Financial help by the government
Farmers were told via video conference by Minister K. Kannababu, Chelluboyina Venugopala Krishna, AP Agri Mission Vice-Chairman VMS Nagi Reddy, and other related officials that all insurance payments for crops lost in 2020 would be made in May 2021. Payment won’t be delayed in any way. The sum of the insurance will be paid to them as soon as the planning department submits the report. The Andhra Pradesh government would also buy germinated and discoloured crops at the graded MSP to prevent any state farmer from suffering a loss of income.
Payment Released Under Free Crop Insurance Scheme
Telugu’s CM YS Jaganmohan Reddy made a significant announcement regarding the Free Crop Insurance Scheme he started in the state of Telugu today, Tuesday, May 25, 2018. The state administration has made a significant announcement regarding the compensation provided to the program’s qualified farmers. It reports that the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme has released compensation totalling Rs. 1820.23 crores into the accounts of 15.15 lakh eligible farmers for the Kharif-2020 season. From his office in Tadepalli, in the Guntur district, the chief minister transmitted the free crop insurance funds using a computer.
- According to the report, this initiative has already seen a deposit of about Rs. 3900 crores made into farmer accounts in the previous month. This programme offers a guarantee to the farmer in trying times for a state where 60% of the population works in agriculture.
- It is stated that the government is giving 15.15 lakh farmers who experienced crop losses the previous year assistance of Rs. 1820.23 crores. According to the CM, funds totalling Rs. 715 crores have also been granted for insurance arrears from 2018–19, as well as Rs. 1253 crore for 2019–20 free crop insurance compensation that was disregarded by previous administrations.
- A significant decision was made that the state government would be responsible for compensating farmers for losses brought on by the destruction of Kharif crops within the same growing season. For every 2000 residents in the state, the state government has established village secretariats, and 10,778 RBKs have been created. This plan benefits farmers without adding to their workload. 21 different crop varieties are insured under this programme.
The applicant must reside in Andhra Pradesh permanently.
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Voter ID card
- Ration card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
Application Procedure of YSR free Crop Insurance Scheme
Follow the instructions below to apply for the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme if needed: –
- First visit the Andhra Pradesh government’s official website for the department of agriculture.
- Before you, the home page will load.
- You must select Apply for YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme from the homepage.
- You will now see an application form.
- You must fill out the application form with all necessary information, including your name, email address, mobile number, and address.
- You must then upload all necessary documents following that.
- You must now select “submit.”
- You can apply for the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme by completing this process.
How To Verify Payment Status
- First, take your passbook to your bank’s branch.
- Printing your passbook is now necessary.
- You must now review the entries in your passbook, which you may either print yourself or have a bank official print for you.
- You can check to see if you have or have not received the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme bonus amount.
- You can even speak with a bank representative directly and inquire about the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme reward amount by providing him with your account number.
- If you have received the benefit amount, he or she will inform you of it.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Beneficiary List
- Visit navasakam’s official website.
- Before you, the home page will load.
- You must select the beneficiary list from the homepage.
- A new page will now show up before you.
- You must choose your District, Mandal, Village, block, etc. on this new page.
- After that, you must select “submit.”
- On the screen of your computer will be the Beneficiary list.
- Applicants who wants to know more about the scheme must connect with the provided email id – firstname.lastname@example.org