If you are a farmer in India then you will be provided with the opportunity to apply for the prestigious One Nation One Fertilizer Scheme 2023. You can check out the details related to the scheme from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the details related to the objective, benefits, and features of the scheme. We will also share with you all the procedures that you need to follow in order to be a part of the scheme and there are a lot of benefits that will be provided to the farmers through the implementation of this uniformity. Only one fertilizer packet will be available for sale through the development of this scheme and you can check out more information from the article provided below.
What is One Nation One Fertilizer Scheme
The Government of India is creating various programs in order to develop and uplift the farmers of the country and provide them with a platform through which they will be able to apply for fertilizers and any other financial help that they need in order to continue their businesses in the country. The farmer will provide the benefit of one nation one fertilizer which is to be launched on the second of October 2022 on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janata urea project. One Nation One Fertilizer Scheme will help farmers to continue their businesses in India through the development of fertilizers. The program is created by the central government in order to bring uniformity in the brands and reduce the freight subsidy.
Also Check: MSP For Rabi Crops
Objective Of One Nation One Fertilizer Scheme
The objective of the One Nation One Fertilizer Scheme is to provide uniformity in fertilizers and ban the industrial division of fertilizers that are available across the country and bring harmony between the farmers. The companies will be selling their products within a single brand and a single bag design which is to issue by the government of India and will be available from 24th August by all of the fertilizers companies available in the country. The fertilizers will become only one brand. The beneficiaries which are the farmers will be getting the fertilizers from one particular brand. The farmers will be able to get proper opportunities and the fertilizers will be provided at 1 particular cost without the intervention of the big companies. The scheme was issued by the Ministry of Chemicals And Fertilizers is under the Government of India.
Also Check: SWAMITVA Yojana
Features Of One Nation One Fertilizer Scheme
The following features are available in this prestigious scheme for the farmers:-
- At present, the maximum retail price of urea is fixed by the Government of India, through which the fertilizer companies compensate for the high cost of manufacturing or imports made by them.
- The subsidy is borne by the central government on about 26 fertilizers including urea as well as effectively fixing its MRP.
- Along with this, the MRP of non-urea fertilizers has been deregulated by the government on paper, but if the companies sell this fertilizer at a price higher than the MRP informally indicated by the government, they will not get the benefit of the subsidy.
- Apart from giving and deciding subsidies, the government also determines where companies can sell their fertilizer products.
- This work is done by the Central Government through the Fertilizer (Movement) Control Order, of 1973.
- As per this order, an agreed monthly supply plan for all subsidized fertilizers is prepared by the Department of Fertilizers in consultation with the manufacturers and importers.
- This supply plan is issued by the government for the coming month before the 25th of every month.
- Along with this, movement is also monitored regularly by the Government of India to ensure the availability of fertilizers as per requirement including remote areas.
- The government believes that when it spends so much money on fertilizer subsidies and also determines where and at what price companies can sell their products, they should also get some credit.
- The cost to be spent on fertilizer subsidy has been estimated by the central government to cross Rs 200,000 crore in the financial year 2022-23.
- The most important thing is that the government wants to reach this message to those farmers who do not consider the government as their well-wisher and remain against them for a long time.
Benefits Of One Nation One Fertilizer Scheme
The following benefits will be provided to the formats who are applying for this prestigious scheme:-
- The scheme is initiated by the government of India in order to provide proper fertilizers to farmers who are otherwise not able to get opportunities related to good fertilizers due to capitalization.
- Under this initiative by the Government of India, all bags of compost manufactured by different companies will be identical and they will be called only by the brand name “Bharat”.
- With the availability of fertilizers from different companies in the same packaging, there will be no confusion among the farmers, they will be able to easily confirm that these fertilizers have been available only for agriculture.
- These same sacks will show that this fertilizer is subsidized manure so that theft and black marketing of fertilizers can be stopped.
- Along with this, the diversion of urea for industrial purposes will be prevented through this initiative and farmers will also be able to get cheap fertilizers.
Online Application Process
The scheme was implemented by the Government of India on 2nd October on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti. The One Nation One Fertilizer Scheme will implement by the Indian government directly and the distribution of fertilizers will available for all farmers.