The inhabitants of Maharashtra are unable to pay their electricity bills in full at once as a result of growing electricity costs. In response to this issue, Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh ji has provided all Maharashtrians who owe electricity through the Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana. Various actions will be done using this system to collect the unpaid electricity bills. Through this programme, numerous actions have been taken for them. If you have interested in learning how to benefit from Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana read our post through to the conclusion to learn more about the features, advantages, and application process.
About Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana 2023
The State Government of Maharashtra has launched the Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana, through which the unpaid energy bills of the state’s users will be collected. The Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana, which will run from 1 March to 31 August 2023, will waive interest and late fees for all customers who had their energy connections permanently turned off by the end of 2021, with the exception of those in agriculture. You will be permitted to pay all interest and late fees to customers upon depositing the principal amount under this Yojana. Customers with high-tension connections will receive an extra 5% off. Customers may pay 30% of the principal balance in one lump sum and the remaining balance over the course of 6 instalments under this plan.
Key Highlights of Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana
|Launched By||Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay|
|Name of Yojana||Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana 2023|
|Objective||To discount the unpaid electricity bill in order to reclaim it|
|Benefits||Waiver of the unpaid power bill’s late fees and interest|
|Eligibility Criteria||Customers of electricity in the state whose connections were permanently severed prior to December 31, 2021|
Objective of Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana
The Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Yojana enables the people of Maharashtra to conveniently pay back their unpaid bills. individuals whose electricity bills were prepaid before December 31, 2021. They will all receive a 100% discount. State residents can regain their connection by paying off their unpaid payments in full. The Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Yojana allows for simple deposits from residents. Only permanent residents of Maharashtra are eligible to benefit from this Vilasrao Deshmukh Yojana.
Also check: Maharashtra Vidhwa Pension
Benefits of Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana
- The Maharashtra government has started the Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Yojana in order to collect the unpaid electricity payment.
- Citizens who have their power connections permanently cut off before December 31, 2021, will be given a waiver of interest and late penalties on the outstanding bill under this programme.
- The launch of these programmes will encourage state residents to settle their outstanding electricity bills.
- In accordance with the plan, the government will waive all interest and late fees for consumers who deposit the entire principal amount at once.
- Customers with high-tension connections will receive an extra 5% off.
- Customers may pay 30% of the principal balance in one lump sum and the remaining balance over the course of 6 instalments under this plan.
Outstanding Electricity Bill Amount In The Circle
|Board/Mandal||Numbers of Customer||Outstanding Amount|
|Nagpur Gramin Mandal||44,997||Rs 58.24 crore|
|Nagpur city division||82.862||Rs 135.83 crore|
|Wardha division||28.137||Rs 31.90 crore|
- The candidate must reside in Maharashtra permanently.
- Before December 31, 2021, the applicant’s electrical connection has to be permanently cut off for failing to pay the electricity bill.
- Aadhar Card
- Resident ID document
- Ration card
- Electricity Bill
- Income Certificate
- Passport-size photo
- Phone number
- Email address, etc.
Application Process for the Yojana 2023
- Before you do, the home page will appear on your screen..
- On the homepage, you must now select “New User Registration.”
- Before you will be a new page.
- You must input your consumer number, cell phone number, email address, login information, and password on this page.
- You then need to press the submit button.
Steps for Login under Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana
- Applicants first have to visit the Mahavitaran official website.
- Before you do, the home page will appear on your screen.
- On the homepage, you must now select the Login button.
- You now need to click the option and input your login information.
- The Accounts page will now appear, where you must input the customer number.
- In this section, you must choose the subscriber number for which you want to use the scheme.
- After that, select Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana from the menu.
- You will now see the application form in front of you.
- This application form has to have all the necessary information supplied.
- Currently, you must upload all necessary documents and select the submit option.
- Applying to the scheme is possible by following this procedure.
- For any queries related to online applications, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our customer care centre at 1912,1800-233-3435, 1800-212-3435.
- For queries related to your online payment transactions, please mail email@example.com
Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana FAQs
After installation, data with metre details and the first-metre reading are provided to the billing department. The initial bill is issued in accordance with the predefined cyclic order. For household, non-domestic, industrial, and agricultural consumers, bills are issued on a monthly, bimonthly, and quarterly basis. The last due date listed on each bill must be followed when paying bills.
The amount consumed depends on the appliance’s capacity and how long it is in use. You can find out your expected usage by clicking the following link.
In the event of a supply failure, the customer must call the fuse-off call centre in that region or make a complaint in person or over the phone at the closest centre. The complaint registers are kept in a number of convenient places. In order for MSEDCL staff to easily retrieve the complaint, the consumer must include information such as Name, Location, Consumer No., and Pole No. MSEDCL does not impose any additional fees for responding to fuse-off-call complaints.